Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she had one of those card holders attached to her phone and her debit card was in that. Not really important but it was my first thought.

Pretty hard to use someone's debit card at the pump - you need their PIN. But credit cards these days, you just need a zip code. Hmm.

From what I've read, most of the "info" about this case comes from her roommates Kosinski and Ferrell. So I'm taking all of their info with a grain of salt, since they're speculating. AFAIK, they weren't there watching where she went or what she was doing. I'm sure LE is holding a lot of info close to the vest. If there's a debit card transaction at a gas station, LE surely can get facts regarding the actual transaction date and time from the debit card company.

This really is strange though. I just don't feel like she'd voluntarily disappear without her purse and phone. The news quotes LE as saying "this is a VERY active investigation." Hopefully the mystery is resolved soon. I hope it's voluntary and she's ok.

http://abc11.com/news/fbi-rpd-helping-in-search-of-missing-rdu-worker/2156930/

If it's a voluntary disappearance, she'd need money, and clearly there isn't any more on the debit card. I wonder if there was any kind of a larger withdrawal around the time of her disappearance? All I've seen from the roommates is what LE supposedly told them....nothing about whether any of her clothes seem to be missing or any other personal items that would point to her having planned this.
I tend to think whatever happened was not her choice. It reminds me so much of Michelle Le, going to the parking garage to get something from her car.

I'm curious if she has a payday coming up soon being she was low on funds. And if she has direct deposit she, or whoever used the card, would have access to that money. Would authorities keep the card active in hopes it would be used again? If Allison was not the person that used the card, would that person keep the card or toss it after they spent the $23? So many questions. <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I'm curious if she has a payday coming up soon being she was low on funds. And if she has direct deposit she, or whoever used the card, would have access to that money. Would authorities keep the card active in hopes it would be used again? If Allison was not the person that used the card, would that person keep the card or toss it after they spent the $23? So many questions. <modsnip>

<modsnip> Most likely the card would stay active u less for some reason the police have requested her accounts frozen.

This isn't voluntary, IMO, unless it's to harm herself or something. Just seems to me that it is far more likely that she was abruptly lured away under the guise of an "emergency".

I tend to think whatever happened was not her choice. It reminds me so much of Michelle Le, going to the parking garage to get something from her car.

SBM- I could definitely see a scenario like this. But it would have to have happened very quickly because from the time she left work, to her car seen leaving, was 10 minutes, correct? She was in a hurry, on a mission. Either she was meeting someone or she left voluntarily. If there is a perp involved, it wasn't random.

It seems so risky to carjack or abduct someone in an airport parking lot with the amount of security you would presume they have. If it was someone she knew that lured her to drive out of the parking lot then there should be phone activity to show that. That being said I don't think she just up and left to get away and somehow someone is involved.

First time poster here, so I apologize if I mess something up! I finally registered yesterday when I heard about this case, as she is local to me and I'm seriously worried. It doesn't feel right.

<modsnip>

One thing I've noticed from all of the news coverage is that there has been no mention of her family, yet her FB shows a brother and mom. Anyone else finding it odd that her family hasn't been heard from, and only her roommates have been quoted in articles?

Maybe she's just not close to them, in which case I guess it's not weird (which I get, I don't have any family so if something happened to me it would be my friends on the news, too), but still...something doesn't feel right about this whole thing.

Possible ambush? This would have happened very quickly, very risky in broad daylight, with the possibility of cameras everywhere. Taser to incapacitate her immediately? Hmmmmmm. It just seems so risky. Why not do something after she came home, or after dark?

Was it the roommate that said she had texted her asking if she had left something in her car? I read it upthread somewhere. All of a sudden that seems a little hinky......

Jmo

I agree...left something in the car which turned out to be needing the car registration. Why? Why would it be necessary for any anyone else but the owner of the car need her car (Allison) registration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly a lurker but this case is local to me as well. IMO something is hinky. If someone was going to carjack or kidnap someone at random, the airport seems an unikely place as there are a lot of people, cameras, security, etc. This makes me think that either she left voluntarily (which from what I've read seems out of character), or she was lured out there.

I am not usually a poster so I don't know what's ok and what's not ok in terms of discussing social media of the victim or those close to the victim, but I will say this: I find certain people in her life to be unsettling based on some social media posts I've seen as well as comments on a couple of posts from a little over a month ago.

Someone asked about the lack of family. From what I saw on social media, it appears that the roommate SK is actually Allison's sister (at least claims to be - and they do look quite alike). And it appears that Allison is originally from California so it's possible other family members are still there. It seems Allison, SK and JO (the two roommates mentioned in articles) also run the pit bull rescue, and again from social media - it appears that SK and JO are in a romantic relationship. If any of the above is against TOS I sincerely apologize and will remove it if need be. I tried to be as vague and also factual as possible without involving my personal opinions.

Now as for MY personal opinion lol....I will just say that I find certain things to be super creepy and I think it's very likely that someone has abducted Allison and sadly I am very concerned for her wellbeing. Such a pretty girl and a beautiful heart - as is evidenced by her involvement with the pit bull rescue. I'm sure those who love her are very worried as well and this is also evident by looking at social media. JMO..MOO...etc. :)

Someone asked about the lack of family. From what I saw on social media, it appears that the roommate SK is actually Allison's sister (at least claims to be - and they do look quite alike). And it appears that Allison is originally from California so it's possible other family members are still there. It seems Allison, SK and JO (the two roommates mentioned in articles) also run the pit bull rescue...

To add to that, I recall reading upthread that SK and Allison are sisters-in-law (or were, at one point).

[bbm]

she was apparently seen rushing as she was leaving, which could simply be because she didn't have much time or she thought there was an emergency ... and she was in enough of a hurry that she forgot her phone

maybe it was a pre-arranged meet-up that she was late for because she couldn't leave work when expected

This isn't voluntary, IMO, unless it's to harm herself or something. Just seems to me that it is far more likely that she was abruptly lured away under the guise of an "emergency".

SBM- I could definitely see a scenario like this. But it would have to have happened very quickly because from the time she left work, to her car seen leaving, was 10 minutes, correct? She was in a hurry, on a mission. Either she was meeting someone or she left voluntarily. If there is a perp involved, it wasn't random.

Jeanne Rysiewicz ... she returned safely to her family but no public updates were ever available

A few years ago there was a case that I followed here on websleuths. I can't recall the name of the missing young lady. I can't remember many details. She was apparently standing in line at airport. She did not get on the plane. Her luggage was found either outside the doors or in garage. I wish I knew her name and if she was found. I am thinking it was a Texas airport.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I agree...left something in the car which turned out to be needing the car registration. Why? Why would it be necessary for any anyone else but the owner of the car need her car (Allison) registration?

Could the vehicle actually have belonged to the pit bull rescue?

If she was set up for an ambush, under the guise of meeting someone for something urgent, I hope that evidence is on her phone, and that LE can access it.

Could the vehicle actually have belonged to the pit bull rescue?

Maybe...I read a hashtag on a photo of her and the vehicle it said "#signedmylifeaway!" I assumed it was hers and in her name. I could be wrong.

I'm not very tech-savvy with my phone. Apologies if this does not link correctly!

Missing RDU worker spent her remaining $23 on gas Monday, friends say

DETAILS & PHOTOS>> http://wp.me/p5MgbW-1OYJ

Thank you for this link. I had not read this particular article. She did park in the "managers lot" where her friends think there was no camera. She -- or her car -- left the lot at 3:08...an even tighter timeline. Also, the it was the news station, not law enforcement, that visited multiple shells to ask if any of the employees had seen her, based on the roommate telling them that her debit card was used at a Shell. I think it's pretty likely that LE knows at which Shell her debit card was used. They just didn't tell the media.

I don't get the feeling that her friend/sister-in-law/roommate is in any way involved. I don't think she'd be talking to the press or even would have raised the alarm if she'd been responsible.

Uh if she was lured away ... it would be easy to make her rush out of work by calling her and pretending to be witnessing the abuse of a dog that needs help right now, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member