NC NC - Brandon McDonald, 35, truck found wrecked, Bladen Co, 25 Mar 2021 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm familiar with that part of the country, I grew-up and lived here in S.Eastern N.C my entire life. It's good folk and it's some dang scary folk around these here parts. A young man like that, who, his father said would never worry him or his family like that and would have called by now. I believe his daddy when he says that, they worried and have every right to be worried. We have a huge problem in our rural areas for Opioids, poverty and gang-related criminal activity. I hope they find this young man safe and sound, sure will have them in my thoughts and prayers.

Good post, @Blue-eyed Devil! Local details are important. I grew up in Lumberton many years ago when L'ton was a nice place to live. It's a "hard" place now, as are several towns in that part of NC. SMH.

So many days have passed since Brandon went missing, that I can't see anything but bad news coming from this -- unless Brandon was badly injured in the wreck of the car or injured in some other way, and he was found and hopefully rescued but has no id (wallet was stolen?), and is in a coma or has no memory. It's a stretch, I know.
And one more thought...

Welcome to Websleuths,
Blue-eyed Devil !!

Clarkton is not a large town, population ~800, so it seems unusual this is the second missing person from there within two months. Unfortunately the woman missing in February was found deceased and an arrest for her murder was announced. There's no apparent reason these cases are connected.
Found Deceased - NC - Jacqueline "Lynn" Landreth 37, Clarkton, 8 Feb 2021

While I also don't see any connection, it is interesting that Jacqueline's truck, cellphone and cash were stolen at gunpoint. Also interesting is that Jacqueline lived within 5 miles of Brandon based on this LE post :

Bladen County Sheriff's Office

Map showing home locations for Brandon and Jacqueline :

Google Maps

Some odd coincidences for such a small town IMHO.

While I also don't see any connection, it is interesting that Jacqueline's truck, cellphone and cash were stolen at gunpoint. Also interesting is that Jacqueline lived within 5 miles of Brandon based on this LE post :

Bladen County Sheriff's Office

Map showing home locations for Brandon and Jacqueline :

Google Maps

Some odd coincidences for such a small town IMHO.
It looks like the suspects in Jacqueline's case, Cain and Green, were already incarcerated (and still are) at the time Brandon went missing. In Custody - Columbus County Sheriff's Office

It doesn't say in her case but it could have been a firearm sale gone wrong. This is just total speculation by me, but why else would she be meeting someone with multiple firearms in her truck?

It looks like the suspects in Jacqueline's case, Cain and Green, were already incarcerated (and still are) at the time Brandon went missing. In Custody - Columbus County Sheriff's Office

It doesn't say in her case but it could have been a firearm sale gone wrong. This is just total speculation by me, but why else would she be meeting someone with multiple firearms in her truck?
Hmmmm, good question, Curious. One firearm I could see -- for protection...

I’ve looked for an update; sadly, I’ve been unsuccessful at finding one.
His sister continues to share his missing info on her Facebook page.
:(:(

There is still a $10,000 reward for information leading to Brandon.

Leaving the house between 1-3am always “feels” nefarious to me. I know “farmer time” is way different, 5am would not have given me any pause but for some reason 3am does. Moo
Agreed. That time info had me worried from the start -- it still does, of course. Seems he just went "Poof" in the air. I'm still hoping for a good outcome, but I just keep SMH.

Brandon has disappeared, or so it seems so far.
Somehow, I don't see self-harm -- the wreck of the truck makes me think, of course, that
1) Someone harmed him (in a fight or ambush, etc.) and then wrecked his truck on purpose to make it look like Brandon was badly injured in a vehicle crash, or
2) Brandon was badly injured in a truck crash and he then wandered-off, badly hurt and in a daze, and he now may be in very bad shape, or worse, somewhere that hasn't been searched, or
3) The person who had a crash against Brandon's truck panicked and took him somewhere and hid him since Brandon was badly injured. That person could have arrest warrants out on him and be wanted by LE. That person may have a bunch of DUI's, or other crimes, etc., and was too scared, thoughtless and cruel to go for help.

This is a tuff one, and the LEO's in that area are probably already stretched thin on personnel in their daily work.

Agreed. That time info had me worried from the start -- it still does, of course. Seems he just went "Poof" in the air. I'm still hoping for a good outcome, but I just keep SMH.
I got that same feeling...Plus, the last conversation he had with his dad, according to the dad, only raised more concern and questions. The odd timing he left home, along with the wrecked truck/abandoned in another town, the wording used for the reward that's offered and the fact he hasn't been heard or seen from since, indicates LE possibly knows something.

A new Podcast episode is out today about Brandon's case

Episode 28 of Missing Persons Podcast is out now with the case of Brandon McDonald of Clarkton, NC.

http://missingpersonspodcast.net/episode-28-brandon.../

To Note:
•Brandon was living with his dad in a small town of around 900 people.
•Brandon left the house in the early morning hours 3am, May 25 (no one knows why & he was not normally up at this time)
•He called his dad from his cellphone at 7:09am stating he’d be by to get something within the hour but never made it
•His dad said he sounded distressed on the phone, agitated
•Phone calls to Brandon that morning went straight to voicemail.
•Later on his truck was found wrecked in Hope Mills and left in a backyard.
•Family believe the truck was wrecked on the afternoon of May 25
•His phone pinged earlier that day in Laurinburg

Hmmm.... dunno what to think. His truck was left in a backyard??? Did someone try to hide it? If so why? SMH.
Was the truck stolen and then wrecked by the person who stole it?
He called his dad later that morning, sounding stressed/agitated -- perhaps about his truck being wrecked? Or stolen? Was one of his friends in trouble? Or was he himself in trouble?
Then nothing more from him, and calls going straight to voicemail -- that's almost always a bad sign.

So at 3am on the 25 he leaves, calls his dad 4 hours later, and then they think the car was wrecked at least 5 hours after that?
Downward spiral or possible manic episode? (Sometimes people in mania seem agitated and may keep very erratic hours) jmo!

Episode 28 Brandon McDonald

*His sister was interviewed...
To Note:
•In the early hours of March 25, Brandon’s father asked him where he was going at such an early hour but Brandon did not tell his dad. However, he did tell his dad two times before he left that he would be back a little later so he had intentions on coming home.
•It was very unusual for Brandon to leave out at this time of morning.
•His father went back to bed and Brandon called him a few hours later. Brandon told his father he would be back to pick up something his father was leaving for him.
•After he didn’t show up within the hour, then 2 hrs, then 3 hrs passed, his father got really concerned. It was stated if Brandon said he was coming back, then he had every intention on doing so.
•His father stated Brandon sounded very distressed but other than that he did not pick up on anything else like where he was or what he was doing.
•After around 3-4 hrs passed, his father called Brandon’s mother and told her what was happening. Unable to file a missing person report for 24 hrs they hoped he would show up soon.
•The next day, Brandon still hadn’t shown up so that’s when his sister was contacted and a report was filed.
•His truck was found wrecked in Hope Mills (45 min- 1 hr from home). Homeowner returned from work to find a truck had gone through the chain link fence and wrecked in the front yard. LE was called; tags ran and came back as Brandon’s father as the owner. That’s when his father was contacted.
•Damage to truck was minimal; family assumes wreck happened afternoon of March 25
•Brandon has no family or no known friends in Hope Mills.
•Sister was asked if truck was processed; she replied Yes...She was then asked if the truck has been kept as evidence, etc; she replied she rather not say.
•Later it was learned that the 7am phone call from Brandon to his father was pinged from Laurinburg (1 hr- 1 hr 15 min from home)
•Brandon has no ties/reason to be in Laurinburg either
•As far as any other pings, phone calls, etc made on that phone LE has not shared that info with family or media
To the family’s knowledge there has not been searches for Brandon. Family has not searched because they have not been given information on a location to start searching at.
•Nobody has come forward saying they were with or talked/saw Brandon after he left the house on the 25th.
•Family have some theories on what may have happened but the sister didn’t want to share (did not want to jeopardize an investigation or accuse someone without solid evidence)
•There is no history of mental illness.
•There is no history of substance dependency.
•There is a $10,000 reward for any info that leads to the conviction of person(s) responsible for Brandon’s disappearance (family personally feel he was met with foul play); as to date no tips have come in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90
Back