Identified! NC - Chatham County, Hisp/MidEast Female, 5’, 175lbs., blue jeans, gray shirt, pearl necklace, in Jordan Lake, Aug 2023 - Hadeel Ghadhanfer Hikmat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

hospidoll

Reaction score
The Chatham County Sheriff's Office is seeking the public's help in identifying a woman whose body was found in Jordan Lake on Tuesday afternoon.

A boater discovered the body at approximately 2:30 p.m. near the Farrington Point Boat Ramp, 605 Farrington Point Road.

The Sheriff's Office recovered the body and an ongoing investigation is underway to determine the victim's identity and the circumstances surrounding her death.

The woman is described as being of Hispanic, Latin American, or Middle Eastern heritage. She is approximately 5' tall and weighs approximately 175 pounds. She wore blue jeans, a gray shirt, and a pearl necklace.
1693696351150.png
The Sheriff's Office has released a forensic sketch of the victim and a photograph of an earring found in the area.

Anyone with information about the victim or who witnessed any suspicious activity around Farrington Road and Jordan Lake before or on Tuesday is asked to contact the Chatham County Sheriff's Office at 919-542-2911.

Source: Chatham County Sheriff’s Office seeks help identifying woman found dead in Jordan Lake

I used to work at Jordan Lake State Park where her body was found. The boat ramps, including Farrington Point Boat Ramp, are generally dominated in patronage by older white men and their families. In contrast, the 'beaches' tend to have more Latino guests, with some Indian American and white visitors as well.

Farrington Point Boat Ramp is very close to Fearrington Village, which is a small upper-middle class housing development containing a senior living community. The population is less than 3,000 and there is no major commerce, unless you count a fine-dining restaurant-- which is rare in this area.

Generally, public access to Jordan Lake is centered around Pittsboro, which is also small, with less than 5,000 residents. U.S. Highway 64 is the only major road that crosses the lake, and it leads directly into Pittsboro.

JMO, but I find it weird that someone would choose Farrington Point Boat Ramp over the other boat ramps. It is further away from the clustered access near Pittsboro, but it's one of the more frequented boat ramps. I would say that Seaforth Boat Ramp is the most frequented, followed by Farrington Point. I'm not sure what this choice means as far as what familiarity it demonstrates with the area.

"Anyone with information about the victim or who witnessed any suspicious activity around Farrington Road and Jordan Lake before or on Tuesday is asked to contact the Chatham County Sheriff's Office"

I'm local too. The sheriff office mentions Farrington Rd. in particular. It gets a lot of Jordan Lake recreational traffic from the general region: boaters, swimmers, campers, etc., probably only a small portion of which is coming from Pittsboro, and likely even less people from Fearrington Village, although they're the two closest communities.

She was also found the next day after a professor was shot and killed on the nearby UNC Chapel Hill campus and classes were cancelled that Tuesday. Not very likely these events had anything to do with each other, but there was a general feeling of shock and grief throughout the area that Tuesday.

"Anyone with information about the victim or who witnessed any suspicious activity around Farrington Road and Jordan Lake before or on Tuesday is asked to contact the Chatham County Sheriff's Office"

I'm local too. The sheriff office mentions Farrington Rd. in particular. It gets a lot of Jordan Lake recreational traffic from the general region: boaters, swimmers, campers, etc., probably only a small portion of which is coming from Pittsboro, and likely even less people from Fearrington Village, although they're the two closest communities.

She was also found the next day after a professor was shot and killed on the nearby UNC Chapel Hill campus and classes were cancelled that Tuesday. Not very likely these events had anything to do with each other, but there was a general feeling of shock and grief throughout the area that Tuesday.
I actually felt that a decent proportion of those visiting came from Pittsboro! Of course, I wasn't asking people where they lived, but most of us went to the same small high school in Pittsboro, so I would recognize schoolmates and their families. I know some people at our high school were from more rural areas beyond Pittsboro, but Chapel Hill, Apex, Jordan, etc. all had their own schools. This is anecdotal and I was working during the pandemic, so I could definitely imagine that might have changed now that we are post-lockdown.

EDIT: This is true for Farrington Point Boat Ramp specifically, in that most true locals know better than to try to use the Seaforth Boat Ramp during peak season. It was crazy how many people wanted to visit the lake, we would have cars backed up on the highway to the point where the rangers had to direct traffic around them. We'd have to turn people away too, and on days like the 4th of July, we'd end up having to lock our gates.

Unrelated, but all of the boat ramps charge fees, at least in August. So, unless the individual dumping the body had an annual/seasonal pass or got lucky with a slacking ticket booth operator, they would've had to pay for entry. Most people pay cash, which wouldn't be very helpful to an investigation. When I worked there, Seaforth had a camera that would take pictures of the license plates on the vehicles that passed through, mostly to catch fee-evaders. I'm not sure if Farrington Point has one.

Last edited:
I actually felt that a decent proportion of those visiting came from Pittsboro! Of course, I wasn't asking people where they lived, but most of us went to the same small high school in Pittsboro, so I would recognize schoolmates and their families. I know some people at our high school were from more rural areas beyond Pittsboro, but Chapel Hill, Apex, Jordan, etc. all had their own schools. This is anecdotal and I was working during the pandemic, so I could definitely imagine that might have changed now that we are post-lockdown.

EDIT: This is true for Farrington Point Boat Ramp specifically, in that most true locals know better than to try to use the Seaforth Boat Ramp during peak season. It was crazy how many people wanted to visit the lake, we would have cars backed up on the highway to the point where the rangers had to direct traffic around them. We'd have to turn people away too, and on days like the 4th of July, we'd end up having to lock our gates.

Unrelated, but all of the boat ramps charge fees, at least in August. So, unless the individual dumping the body had an annual/seasonal pass or got lucky with a slacking ticket booth operator, they would've had to pay for entry. Most people pay cash, which wouldn't be very helpful to an investigation. When I worked there, Seaforth had a camera that would take pictures of the license plates on the vehicles that passed through, mostly to catch fee-evaders. I'm not sure if Farrington Point has one.
I have no doubt you're right about the boat ramp users. I was referring to the people using Farrington Rd., not so much the boat ramps. As a cyclist, I generally avoid being on Farrington Rd. at times like Sunday evening because of the hostile behavior of people pulling their boats or campers going home. On the other hand, cycling on Big Woods, which parallels that area, is always pleasant and has very light traffic.

Being found near the boat ramp doesn't necessarily mean the UID started out there. Or ,without being too graphic, someone passing by on Farrington Rd. maybe found that general area to be a convenient place to leave a body. It's also not too far from US64 which gets all kinds of traffic.
ETA: Belhaven is pretty much a straight shot headed west to this area via US 264/64.

Last edited:
Very sad about this. I live in the area. So the husband never contacted Police to say she was missing??!! It took her out-of-the-country brother to contact police. Local news tried to speak with the husband and the inlaws at their home in North Raleigh but nothing came of that.

September 19, 2023

Hadeel’s husband charged with her murder.

View attachment 448081

Omar Matthew Ibrahim Drabick, 34, of Apex was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and concealment of an unnatural death.

It is often the husband. This guy presented himself in social media as very sweet, innocent, almost childlike naive and so happy and loving about his beautiful, foreign wife. So it is a surprise but then again it is not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall
Back