Deceased/Not Found NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad there has been an arrest and I hope the whole truth comes out...Sorry for what happened to Cole. He sounded like a smart, nice young man that got caught up with the wrong group. Young people don't realize how quickly things can go wrong...I'm just thankful I made it through some stupid activities in my younger years.:angel:

Glad there has been an arrest and I hope the whole truth comes out...Sorry for what happened to Cole. He sounded like a smart, nice young man that got caught up with the wrong group. Young people don't realize how quickly things can go wrong...I'm just thankful I made it through some stupid activities in my younger years.:angel:

Amen to that. My friends and I did some really stupid stuff that could have ended so badly.

Fingers crossed that these guys will give LE more info to bring Cole home :(

Family continues to search for man reported missing in Benson

BENSON, N.C. - On Saturday, family and friends of Cole Thomas spent another day trying to find the young man who has been missing since November.
"I believe they have the men arrested, they know what happened to my son. And I just ask the judge in this case not to drop the bond and to seek justice," said Chris Thomas, Cole’s father.
Around 20 people came out on Saturday to search for Cole Thomas.

The search party has vowed to continue to return to Benson until there's some resolution to his disappearance.
http://www.twcnews.com/nc/triangle-...earch-for-man-reported-missing-in-benson.html

[h=1]Father says he won't stop searching for missing son, Cole Thomas[/h]
BENSON, North Carolina (WTVD) --

Chris Thomas is speaking out Saturday about the stress surrounding three arrests tied to the disappearance of his son, Cole.

"No sleep... Tears. Every day I have nightmares," said Thomas.

Thomas said he's had several sleepless nights over the past eight months.
Saturday, Thomas's family and friends spent the day looking through woods, ponds, and lakes for the 23-year-old.

"He would have done anything in the world for anybody; he loved his family," said Teresa Cruce. "He would not just vanish without a trace."

Friends of Cole initially told authorities they were traveling back home to Florida for Thanksgiving and that they pulled over in Benson.

But investigators later determined those men were involved in a drug deal; Cole allegedly became paranoid and ran off with the vehicle's keys.

And he's been missing ever since.

http://abc11.com/news/father-wont-stop-searching-for-missing-son-cole-thomas/2242883/

No charges mentioned... hm. Wonder what he has to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article updated a few min ago!

"...Authorities identified the man arrested as Jeremy Carpenter. Carpenter was arrested in Minnesota and is being held, pending the extradition process.

He was charged with four counts of obstruction of justice and one count of felony concealment of a death. He was jailed under a $500,000 secured bond..."

This guy, Jeremy Carpenter , was one of the 2 guys with him when whatever happened, happened. I was quite curious as to why he wasn't arrested when the other 3 were last week.

http://wncn.com/2017/07/25/man-name...tigation-now-charged-with-concealing-a-death/
Jeremy Brian Carpenter, 42, of Taylor Falls, Minnesota, was arrested July 18 in Minnesota in connection to the case, police said.

On July 18, law enforcement officials in Minnesota arrested Carpenter in Scandia, Minnesota, after acting upon information provided by investigators from the Benson Police Department and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, Benson police said.

Carpenter was held in Minnesota, pending the extradition process, and transferred to North Carolina on Monday for a court hearing on charges of felony conceal/fail to report a death and four counts of felony obstruction of justice.
Carpenter was named along with Julian Valles Jr., 34, of Dudley, in a search warrant related to the Thomas case that was obtained months ago by CBS North Carolina. Carpenter was named as someone who knew Thomas before his disappearance.

In late November, two men — Carpenter and Valles — told police that Thomas was driving the car they were riding in on Nov. 25, 2016, when he parked in a Benson intersection and ran from the car, taking the keys with him.

These guys are so much older than Cole...

These guys are so much older than Cole...

Sadly, I think that may have something to do with how Cole ended up in this situation.
As a new employee, [typically] most people want to fit in, make friends, etc.; overall most ppl prefer to enjoy their working environment/co-workers.
Cole had relocated to MN from FL only a few weeks prior to this 'trip'.

IMO, these guys never intended to truly befriend Cole, but instead, pounced on the opportunity to swindle the new guy, per se. I truly believe Cole agreed to take this trip with these guys, with the sole purpose of wanting to fit in/make friends.
I would have a VERY hard time believing Cole was made fully aware of the legit reason for the trip.

Glad to see progress finally being made!! I really feel for Cole's family! They seem like great people & they have never given up!!

Sadly, I think that may have something to do with how Cole ended up in this situation.
As a new employee, [typically] most people want to fit in, make friends, etc.; overall most ppl prefer to enjoy their working environment/co-workers.
Cole had relocated to MN from FL only a few weeks prior to this 'trip'.

IMO, these guys never intended to truly befriend Cole, but instead, pounced on the opportunity to swindle the new guy, per se. I truly believe Cole agreed to take this trip with these guys, with the sole purpose of wanting to fit in/make friends.
I would have a VERY hard time believing Cole was made fully aware of the legit reason for the trip.

Glad to see progress finally being made!! I really feel for Cole's family! They seem like great people & they have never given up!!

I was wondering when Jeremy would be arrested, I figured it was taking longer because of him being in MN.
And I fully agree with everything you said.

As I went to read further on the arrest of JC, I came upon this article. I don't believe I'd seen it posted here before, but I may be wrong! My apologies in advance if it's a repeat!
Also, because this site only allows non-subscribers to view 3 articles per month, for those that have used theirs up, I am attaching a SS of the article!
Link: http://www.mydailyrecord.com/eedition/uncategorized/2017/03/18/search-cole-thomas-turns-something/

4d26258421524727bda7172879e960f7.jpg

Whenever I hear, “It can’t be done,” I know I’m close to success!!

Headed to Benson now, will post pics if I see anything

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshimi