Deceased/Not Found NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a LEO friend and they're not sure who it is. Body's been in water for at least a few days but they think its male. SBI has been called in.

I heard on the radio this morning that they haven't been able to recover the body yet because of the current. I hope they are able to pull him or her out before the body is washed away.

I have been following Megan Zipperer's story (team Meg) for the last year or two. Her mom was tagged in a post on fb today about Cole being still missing, so I hopped over to websleuths and just finished reading the thread. Bumping for Cole & his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*bump*
Where are you Cole?
Went through Benson last week and didn't see any of his missing signs that were in the yards along 27. I really hope the community isn't giving up. My heart aches for his loved ones.

Last night my husband and I retraced the last steps of Cole and co-workers. We started at the Handy Mart in Mt. Olive and drove to Elm and Morgan in Benson. We left Handy Mart at 6:34 PM and arrived in Benson at 7:14 PM. There was very little traffic and no obstacles.

The GPS took us down Rt. 55 which is a two-lane country road with no businesses (only farms and the random house here and there). We then got onto Interstate 40 and drove towards Benson.

There are a few things that stood out to me on this trip:
1) There is a camera at the counter. That photo has not been released if it exists.
2) The counter is not in front of the store and the cashier's view would be blocked to see outside. How do they know that Cole drove away from the Handy Mart? Witness? Is that all the witness said/knew? What was his demeanor, relation to the others with him, were there other people with him, etc.
3) The drive to Benson took approximately 45 minutes. They left at 11:30ish and Cole isn't reported missing until around 3:30 AM. What about this unaccounted for time.
4) There were businesses right off the exit. Why head towards town where it had to be darker and waaaaay less populated.
5) To get to Elm and Morgan - you have to turn off the main street. Why would anyone randomly turn down a residential area? There is nothing on that street other than houses and a police station.
6) Elm and Morgan do not have a lot of houses and there was zero activity while we were there. Why jump and run out of the car? Where was he going? Which direction did he run (all directions could be options)?
7) One co-worker says he chased after Cole and talked to him for an hour - about what? Where were they when they had this conversation? Why did he leave Cole and go back to the truck?

A few things to note - Thanksgiving in this area is not cold. I checked the weather for that time period and it was between 50-60. There are no colds winds that blow in or lake water to cause cold. It would have been cool perhaps, but not cold at all.

I am a visual person and always wish I could see more pics of the area where things happen so I took some pics for you to see. You can take a virtual trip with me. The pics are numbered and described. The pics are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8fo-6tGzrhGdWVKNTVjQ2hlTGc

If you have questions about the area or want to see other pics, let me know. I am happy to go take more pics.

Last night my husband and I retraced the last steps of Cole and co-workers. We started at the Handy Mart in Mt. Olive and drove to Elm and Morgan in Benson. We left Handy Mart at 6:34 PM and arrived in Benson at 7:14 PM. There was very little traffic and no obstacles.

The GPS took us down Rt. 55 which is a two-lane country road with no businesses (only farms and the random house here and there). We then got onto Interstate 40 and drove towards Benson.

There are a few things that stood out to me on this trip:
1) There is a camera at the counter. That photo has not been released if it exists.
2) The counter is not in front of the store and the cashier's view would be blocked to see outside. How do they know that Cole drove away from the Handy Mart? Witness? Is that all the witness said/knew? What was his demeanor, relation to the others with him, were there other people with him, etc.
3) The drive to Benson took approximately 45 minutes. They left at 11:30ish and Cole isn't reported missing until around 3:30 AM. What about this unaccounted for time.
4) There were businesses right off the exit. Why head towards town where it had to be darker and waaaaay less populated.
5) To get to Elm and Morgan - you have to turn off the main street. Why would anyone randomly turn down a residential area? There is nothing on that street other than houses and a police station.
6) Elm and Morgan do not have a lot of houses and there was zero activity while we were there. Why jump and run out of the car? Where was he going? Which direction did he run (all directions could be options)?
7) One co-worker says he chased after Cole and talked to him for an hour - about what? Where were they when they had this conversation? Why did he leave Cole and go back to the truck?

A few things to note - Thanksgiving in this area is not cold. I checked the weather for that time period and it was between 50-60. There are no colds winds that blow in or lake water to cause cold. It would have been cool perhaps, but not cold at all.

I am a visual person and always wish I could see more pics of the area where things happen so I took some pics for you to see. You can take a virtual trip with me. The pics are numbered and described. The pics are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8fo-6tGzrhGdWVKNTVjQ2hlTGc

If you have questions about the area or want to see other pics, let me know. I am happy to go take more pics.
Thanks for sharing. I am a visual learner/person also.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!
The statement wasn't quite clear. Did someone just use his email address or did they actually access his email account? If they just used it, it's possible they have a similar one and accidentally left something out, so it ended up being the same as Cole's.

http://wncn.com/2017/06/27/cole-tho...after-he-went-missing-in-benson-warrant-says/
Wish we knew what the email address was to get an idea if a simple mixup is feasible.

The way it's written, sounds to me like someone just typed in his email address to a webpage that was asking for email address as part of a registration process. But many registration processes require the person to verify their email address by accessing a link in an email to that address. I wonder if the GRE registration required an email verification?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Wish we knew what the email address was to get an idea if a simple mixup is feasible.

The way it's written, sounds to me like someone just typed in his email address to a webpage that was asking for email address as part of a registration process. But many registration processes require the person to verify their email address by accessing a link in an email to that address. I wonder if the GRE registration required an email verification?

Exactly what I was wondering!

This is so strange:
Two weeks after he disappeared, an unknown person used Thomas' Gmail account and paid $205 to sign up to take the Graduate Record Examination, or GRE, at the Educational Testing Service's facility in Lawrence, the report said. That standardized test took place Dec. 30.

The email address was also used to register for the math portion of the GRE, which was given April 8 at the College of New Jersey in Ewing, according to the report.

Investigators are now seeking access to the ETS' records to see if anyone who registered with the account showed up to take the tests.
http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/06/missing_mans_email_account_used_to_register_for_co.html

cthomas1994@ is associated with CT & Associates - business linked to Cole.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bizarre turn of events.
They should be able to talk to the folks who administered the tests, show them pictures of Cole and see if he was the one who showed up to take the tests, because it sounds like they were taken in person.

Here is a follow up article to the email address being used:
http://www.mydailyrecord.com/eedition/a-main/2017/07/05/chief-addresses-new-issues-in-thomas-case/
[FONT=&quot]“ETS subsequently provided a listing of the trainees to investigators who researched their current situations and backgrounds,” Chief Edwards said. “No connection was established between Cole Thomas and any of the trainees.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Chief Edwards said it was his conclusion, and the conclusion of other investigators, it was merely a coincidence.[/FONT]

3 people have been arrested in Cole's disappearance. Just saw it on ABC 11 Facebook page.

[h=1]Three arrested in connection with disappearance of missing man Cole Thomas[/h]
Last week, investigators from the Benson Police Department and the NC State Bureau of Investigation presented their findings to date on the Thomas investigation to a Johnston County Grand Jury, and multiple indictments were subsequently handed down.

On Monday, the Benson Police Department, the Wayne County Sheriff's Department, the Harnett County Sheriff's Department, and the NC State Bureau of Investigation conducted arrest operations in Wayne County and Harnett County, and took Julian Valles Jr., Rudolfo DeLeon Jr, and Anthony Ridell James Jr. into custody.
http://abc11.com/news/3-arrested-in-disappearance-of-missing-man-cole-thomas/2227755/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03
Back