Found Deceased NC - Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, Concord, 23 August 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Help Find Crystal Morrison FB page has a little more detail about where she was last seen....

snipped...Crystal was last seen at around noon on August 23, 2012 walking near International Drive and Highway 73, after leaving work at Connextions in Concord, N.C.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Crystal-Morrison/340862109339421

I wonder who saw her there - did she still have her heels on?

She would have already walked about a mile: http://goo.gl/maps/32qpX

Also, at that point she would have been only about .3 of a mile from I-85.

Did she just really, really not want to stand by her building? I have a few ideas on that, maybe.

I wonder how her office was as far as food and drink goes. If you were sick and very hungry or thirsty, wouldn't you just hit up the snack machines? Or is that just me?

Compared to walking so far in heels while sick? Maybe her workplace has no refreshments?

It definitely seems like it could be hinky, imho. Apparently there are a few witnesses who saw her walking, so I think she did walk. Buy why?

I would do it if I were spitting mad at someone at work, to get far away from the place and person, even while sick (my temper is pretty big!). I'd do it if someone were messing with me in some way -- at work, where they could come outside and mess with me more.

But it's so strange that she didn't let her ride know. Hinky! (imo)

I thought I read that she did not tell anyone at work that she was leaving...if that was the case, I could see leaving the building and starting to walk, figuring you would meet up with your ride.

Also, for people who wear heels, that would not be a big deal, they walk in them all day long anyway. She probably figured she would not have to walk far, or maybe just wanted to get far enough away from work, and then planned to stop and wait.

I escaped from work one time, not telling my boss, many years ago, and took off on foot. I had a new job and had to get there but was too chicken to admit it.

I just took a Google stroll the way she went, and the shoulders of the road look nice and tidy and even. It doesn't look like rough terrain, so it's certainly possible the walk would seem pleasant enough, depending on what kind of 'sick' she meant.

Her ride must have been coming from the direction of Highway 73, then. It does look like she could flag a driver coming from the other lane. It's not a divided road or anything.

It's certainly possible, although she must not have been very sick ;)

It just seems odd that:
she lends her car and cell phone to someone

and

feels sick and leaves work after 45 minutes

and

calls a family friend to come and get her..and gives very specific directions to the building.

and

starts walking away from the building where she just gave directions to

Also there was a co worker that saw her walking...wouldn't they ask her where she is going ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/crystal-morrison-prentice-missing_n_1874916.html

Oh...that might not be a publication that I can post a link to......

As mentioned before, that road looks fairly walkable. As as for walking in heels, I would think twice about it now having done it many times before, but a younger person than me likely might do that without much thought, especially if she thought someone would meet her at some point.

The way she left work, though, does seem to need some clarification. Did she just get up and leave after she called her friend? It sort of seems like something may have happened at work that made her leave?

IMO

I know she did not have her cell phone with that day, but do we know why? That in itself seems odd. Did she not want to be traced?

I know she did not have her cell phone with that day, but do we know why? That in itself seems odd. Did she not want to be traced?

Personally, the only way I would not have my cell phone with me is if I forgot it at home. And that does happen occasionally. Generally though, I am stuck like glue to my cell phone, and I think most people are the same way.

If she was sick/not feeling well before she left for work, maybe she wasn't thinking straight and left her phone at home. I could see that happening.

IMO

why would she not tell anyone she was leaving work after 40 minutes?

did something happen at work that was upsetting enough to make her leave and walk down a highway in high heels even though a ride is enroute to pick her up?

did another person also leave work shortly after she did?

I wonder what kind of cell phone Crystal had. Some phones allow only a certain amount of minutes, after which you either buy more minutes or you have no service. Maybe she had this type of phone and had no more minutes, so she didn't bother with it?

The only reason I can think for leaving my cell phone behind is (1) I think it's in my purse when it's really at home on my nightstand or (2) I walk outside for a quick trip to the mailbox or next door to the neighbor's house. Otherwise, I keep it with me at all times.

Poor Crystal, she needs to come home to her family.:please:

ETA: I just re-read an article stating the friend who borrowed Crystal's car was supposed to buy more minutes for her phone, so that might explain why Crystal didn't have it on her.

It just seems odd that:
she lends her car and cell phone to someone

and

feels sick and leaves work after 45 minutes

and

calls a family friend to come and get her..and gives very specific directions to the building.

and

starts walking away from the building where she just gave directions to

Also there was a co worker that saw her walking...wouldn't they ask her where she is going ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/crystal-morrison-prentice-missing_n_1874916.html

Oh...that might not be a publication that I can post a link to......

I get the feeling that Crystal was upset about something that happened before she got to work, or something she learned about shortly after arriving at work. She couldn't stay at work and handle whatever the problem was so she left abruptly. She called someone to come pick her up, but was so upset that she couldn't even wait for her ride - she starts walking. JMO

But where was she headed, and why, are questions I cannot begin to answer. She was wearing high-heeled shoes, so I doubt she intended to walk very far.

I just took a Google stroll the way she went, and the shoulders of the road look nice and tidy and even. It doesn't look like rough terrain, so it's certainly possible the walk would seem pleasant enough, depending on what kind of 'sick' she meant.

Her ride must have been coming from the direction of Highway 73, then. It does look like she could flag a driver coming from the other lane. It's not a divided road or anything.

It's certainly possible, although she must not have been very sick ;)

Before we moved up to the Midwest a couple years ago, I lived in the Concord area and worked very close to Connexions. The building is in an industrial, small business area - there is nothing around there. It's not too far from the 85 interstate. Highway 73 is basically just a road (not really a highway). I think there's a McDonalds at the 85 off ramp and maybe some gas stations but that's about it. And it would be quite a walk from Connexions (but pretty quick driving. There are always cars on Highway 73, but it's not really a walking area. I don't think I ever saw anybody walking? Concord (and Charlotte for that matter) are not very pedestrian/bike friendly.

I get the feeling that Crystal was upset about something that happened before she got to work, or something she learned about shortly after arriving at work. She couldn't stay at work and handle whatever the problem was so she left abruptly. She called someone to come pick her up, but was so upset that she couldn't even wait for her ride - she starts walking. JMO

But where was she headed, and why, are questions I cannot begin to answer. She was wearing high-heeled shoes, so I doubt she intended to walk very far.

BBM

"high-heeled" is pretty subjective though. What may be high-heeled to one person, may be flats to another. Maybe she had a 1" heel and was accustomed to walking in them?

BBM

"high-heeled" is pretty subjective though. What may be high-heeled to one person, may be flats to another. Maybe she had a 1" heel and was accustomed to walking in them?

That's very true. To me anything other than flats and sneakers would be "high-heeled" to me.

The article described the shoes as open-toed high-heeled shoes, but there was no indication of how high the heels were.

I wonder if its possible that the word "sick' here is subjective. If she told a male friend that she was "sick" , he may have heard simply that she was not feeling well. If she was talking to a female friend and said "sick", the inflection with which she spoke may have told the other person that she was highly annoyed or disturbed and needed to leave. It is also possible that she told him she was sick rather than unhappy or irritated or what have you, because of other people in the office being close enough to overhear the conversation and to justify her making the decision to leave.
I have called someone to come and pick me up before, and was so bothered by my surroundings or just plain aggravated, that I have walked away. I generally walked in the same direction that I would assume the person coming to get me would be traveling from. Do we know if the family friend who was on his way to pick her up would have been coming down the same route she walked?

I wonder if its possible that the word "sick' here is subjective. If she told a male friend that she was "sick" , he may have heard simply that she was not feeling well. If she was talking to a female friend and said "sick", the inflection with which she spoke may have told the other person that she was highly annoyed or disturbed and needed to leave. It is also possible that she told him she was sick rather than unhappy or irritated or what have you, because of other people in the office being close enough to overhear the conversation and to justify her making the decision to leave.
I have called someone to come and pick me up before, and was so bothered by my surroundings or just plain aggravated, that I have walked away. I generally walked in the same direction that I would assume the person coming to get me would be traveling from. Do we know if the family friend who was on his way to pick her up would have been coming down the same route she walked?

Also, surely she knew her call was monitored, as they all are where she works. So she may have said "sick" for that reason too.

I am wondering if they thoroughly investigated coworkers. Not waiting for a ride could be she wanted to get away from someone who ticked her off/or was threatening/offensive. Also have the put a sign on that road with her photo on it asking if anyone saw her? I am sure someone passed her that drives that route frequently. A woman in a skirt and high heels walking in that area would be remembered. Jmo

"A co-worker later told police they had seen Prentice at about 1:00 p.m. that day, walking on International Drive near the intersection with Davidson Highway in Concord, N.C., though where she may have been headed remains unclear."
Was this the way her ride was coming from? She got pretty far for being sick and in high heels. Correction to my last post- the article said black dress pants not skirt.

So she had an appointment that day too?
Wonder what it was for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123