Found Deceased NC - Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, car parked at home, Nashville, Nash County, 8 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the title of the house transferred to the husbands name 5 days after the first wife's death?

How organised he must be.

Hmm

Going by the procedure after my dad died--the effective date on many estate-related transactions wasn't usually the date when the legalities were finalized, it was more often the date the probate paperwork was filed. Though sometimes it was the date of death and once the date his will was signed.

So the title of the house transferred to the husbands name 5 days after the first wife's death?

How organised he must be.

Hmm

I'd be interested to see the recording date on that deed. Most Register's offices are electronic now and post within 24 hrs.

But don't know the case in Nash Co in 2006.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Sheriff’s Department re-tweeted this, so the information must be accurate:

“#UPDATE via @NashCountySO: Diana Alejandra Keel’s daughter reported her missing. Sheriff is suspicious because ‘she was a professional, stayed in contact w/family,’ and SUV remains at her home and no one had ill will re: her. Search teams on the way. @ABC11_WTVD”
Anthony Wilson on Twitter

So it was indeed Diana’s daughter -not her husband or employer- who reported her missing ....

Last edited:
Going by the procedure after my dad died--the effective date on many estate-related transactions wasn't usually the date when the legalities were finalized, it was more often the date the probate paperwork was filed. Though sometimes it was the date of death and once the date his will was signed.

Right. One can also hold property in living trusts that avoid probate.

Also, if you are married, and you and your spouse plan to leave the bulk of your property to one another, there is less reason to obsess about avoiding probate at an early age. If, like many couples, you own your big assets together, probate won't be necessary for those assets.

Thinking Keel expedited that transfer as sole surviving spouse/JTWROS.

I haven't look at a single document or deed related to any of this, other than the NashCo tax cover page, so have no clue about Keel specifics.

Last edited:
Right. One can also hold property in living trusts that avoid probate.

Also, if you are married, and you and your spouse plan to leave the bulk of your property to one another, there is less reason to obsess about avoiding probate at an early age. If, like many couples, you own your big assets together, probate won't be necessary for those assets.

Thinking Keen expedited that transfer as sole surviving spouse/JTWROS.

I haven't look at a single document or deed related to any of this, other than the NashCo tax cover page, so have no clue about Keen specifics.

In reference to the bolded part, I think that varies by state. No idea what NC's rules are. And yeah, I haven't looked into the details of this case, just speaking generally.

SBM for focus

I just looked at Diana’s FB page for the first time a few minutes ago.

I saw the photo of her with her husband posted on June 17th of last year and thought to myself, “He looks really creepy. But maybe it’s just because of the filter.”

Then I saw a couple of more pictures of the two of them together. It isn’t the filter. It’s his eyes. At first, it looks like he is smiling, but his eyes aren’t.

By that point, I found him so creepy to the point where I thought to myself, “Something bad happened to this beautiful woman, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has done this before.”

I’m sorry; I guess I don’t really have a point. It’s just that he is an unusually creepy-looking person, IMO.

Sheriff’s Department re-tweeted this, it must be accurate information:

“#UPDATE via @NashCountySO: Diana Alejandra Keel’s daughter reported her missing. Sheriff is suspicious because “she was a professional, stayed in contact w/family,” SUV remains at her home and no one had ill will re: her. Search teams on the way. @ABC11_WTVD”
Anthony Wilson on Twitter

So it was indeed Diana’s daughter -not her husband or employer- who reported her missing ....

Do not trust the twitter is all I can advise. Dates and people all over the map, conflicting.

SBM for focus

I just looked at Diana’s FB page for the first time a few minutes ago.

I saw the photo of her with her husband posted on June 17th of last year and thought to myself, “He looks really creepy. But maybe it’s just because of the filter.”

Then I saw a couple of more pictures of the two of them together. It isn’t the filter. It’s his eyes. At first, it looks like he is smiling, but his eyes aren’t.

By that point, I found him so creepy to the point where I thought to myself, “Something bad happened to this beautiful woman, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has done this before.”

I’m sorry; I guess I don’t really have a point. It’s just that he is an unusually creepy-looking person, IMO.

I agree. The guy just looks "off."

If I was family to wife number 1 I’d be quite twitchy now ....

Me too! I wonder if the family will choose to have that death looked at again. I know some families find it too painful to go through again, but if there's any chance EK was murdered and didn't die in an accident like he claims, he needs to be punished for it.

Emmy Victor on Twitter
Authorities will be having a press briefing in 30 minutes re: missing woman in Nash County. It has been busy outside the Keel residence. Diana Keel, a mother and wife, vanished on Friday. #WRAL

0:29 / 0:29

Of course that was posted an hour ago and still no briefing that I can see. Unless it's not being broadcast live.

Of course that was posted an hour ago and still no briefing that I can see. Unless it's not being broadcast live.
A lot of times these press conferences get pushed, especially if developments occur surrounding the time of the scheduled presser.

Something very important is likely happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth