NC NC - Donna Barnhill, 13, Lexington, 18 March 1981

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping, Donna has been missing for 35 years now.

donna-barnhill-press-release-ap-photo.jpg

Donna-Barnhill-AP.jpg

I must say I find it a little disheartening that there isnt more photos of donna . We have drawings and a few photos from her younger years . This actually raises a red flag for me IMO

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

https://identifyus.org/cases/1272 Wondering if anyone had ever thought of this person as a potential match for Donna Barnhill? The the Unidentified decedent's case, there was a police officer in Lousianna that thought her a runaway, said she had an 'accent', and thought she may have gone by the name "Donna". She was found August 3, '82 after being hit by a Tractor Trailer. I would be very interested to hear what others think on this.

I do see a resemblance MamaBeck and I just went onto the Unidentified Forum to see if Donna was mentioned about being a possible match for "Donna Doe" and she hasn't. You can share your suggestion on that thread if you want, or I can do it for you. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?27378-FL-Ft-Lauderdale-quot-Donna-Doe-quot-WhtFem-13UFFL-14-17-Hit-by-BigRig-Truck-Aug-82/page6&highlight=FEmale+August+1982+Florida Take a look a the UID's picture in this link http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/C...610045078242S600x600Q851_zpsc2357804.jpg.html and compare it to Donna's one pic on the Doe Network. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/35dfnc.html

DBarnhill.jpg
DBarnhill2.jpg
DBarnhill1.jpg

Left: Barnhill taken 1976-7; Center: taken 1980-1; Right: Age-progressed to age 42 (circa 2010)

Donna Michele Barnhill
Missing since March 18, 1981 from Lexington, Davidson County, North Carolina
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: April 19, 1967
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 125 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown straight hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: A mole / birthmark on her right arm.
    • Clothing: An orange sweatshirt; jeans; and a dark jacket.
    • Dentals: Not Available. Prior to her disappearance, she had never been to a dentist.
    • Fingerprints: Not Available
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Barnhill left her family's home at 20:30 on March 18, 1981 to walk to a nearby friend's house. She never arrived and has not been seen since.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Lexington Police Department
Corporal Angie Price
336-243-3302

Agency Case Number: 850126/VICAP Number: 1997NC00004
NCMEC #: NCMC600206
NCIC Number: M434080016
Please refer to this number when contacting agencies in regards to Barnhill's case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
NamUs MP #2538
The Doe Network: Case File 35DFNC

Details of Disappearance
Donna left her family's residence in Lexington, North Carolina on March 18, 1981 at approximately 8:30 p.m. She was planning to walk to a friend's home nearby. She was last seen walking on Hempstead Street. Donna contacted her friend shortly thereafter, but she never arrived at the house and has not been heard from again.

Donna's older sister, Anita Barnhill, died in February 1966 at the age of two. Her family said she had fallen out of a high chair and hit her head, and her death was ruled an accident. In 1999, a reporter looking into Donna's disappearance became suspicious about Anita's death and urged police to reopen the investigation.

Authorities reclassified Anita's death as a homicide by child abuse. No one has been charged in connection with the child's murder, however. Police stated the investigation into Anita's death does not change Donna's missing persons case. They did search her former residence with ground-penetrating radar in 2009, but nothing was found there.

Both of Donna's parents are dead, but three of her siblings still live in the local area. Foul play is possible in her case. It remains unsolved.

LINK:
Donna Michele Barnhill – The Charley Project

Donna Michele Barnhill
  • donna_michele_barnhill_1.jpg
  • donna_michele_barnhill_2.jpg
  • donna_michele_barnhill_3.jpg
Donna, circa 1981; Age-progression to age 49 (circa 2016)

• Missing Since 03/18/1981
  • Missing From Lexington, North Carolina
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Native American
  • Date of Birth 04/19/1967 (53)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue jacket, an orange sweatshirt and jeans.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Donna has a mole or a birthmark on her right arm.
Details of Disappearance

Donna left her family's residence in Lexington, North Carolina on March 18, 1981 at approximately 8:30 p.m. She was planning to walk to a friend's home nearby. She was last seen walking on Hemstead Street. Donna contacted her friend shortly thereafter, but she never arrived at the house and has not been heard from again.

Donna's older sister, Anita Barnhill, died in February 1966 at the age of two. Her family said she had fallen out of a high chair and hit her head, and her death was ruled an accident. In 1999, a reporter looking into Donna's disappearance became suspicious about Anita's death and urged police to reopen the investigation.

Authorities reclassified Anita's death as a homicide by child abuse. No one has been charged in connection with the child's murder, however. Police stated the investigation into Anita's death does not change Donna's missing persons case. They did search her former residence with ground-penetrating radar in 2009, but nothing was found there.

Both of Donna's parents are dead, but three of her siblings still live in the local area. Foul play is possible in her case. It remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Lexington Police Department 336-249-8947
Source Information

Just read this whole thread again after several years. Did anyone reach out to sgoodwin regarding the letter she had? She said she was related to Donna. I would have loved to see her become a verified insider. Also where has Brynews been as well? They were the one to cracking the case in 1999 regarding Donna's sister Anita.

Donna Michele Barnhill
  • donna_michele_barnhill_1.jpg
  • donna_michele_barnhill_2.jpg
  • donna_michele_barnhill_3.jpg
Donna, circa 1981; Age-progression to age 49 (circa 2016)

• Missing Since 03/18/1981
  • Missing From Lexington, North Carolina
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Native American
  • Date of Birth 04/19/1967 (53)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue jacket, an orange sweatshirt and jeans.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Donna has a mole or a birthmark on her right arm.
Details of Disappearance

Donna left her family's residence in Lexington, North Carolina on March 18, 1981 at approximately 8:30 p.m. She was planning to walk to a friend's home nearby. She was last seen walking on Hemstead Street. Donna contacted her friend shortly thereafter, but she never arrived at the house and has not been heard from again.

Investigating Agency
  • Lexington Police Department 336-249-8947
Source Information

Did anyone search the family cabin with ground-penetrating radar?

Any one know if the NamUs #UP1272 case of a young female who was the victim of a tractor trailer accident in Fort Lauderdale in August 1982? It was previously mentioned on this post and when I saw the pictures I thought the same as the last poster; that this may be Donna. Please advise.

Any one know if the NamUs #UP1272 case of a young female who was the victim of a tractor trailer accident in Fort Lauderdale in August 1982? It was previously mentioned on this post and when I saw the pictures I thought the same as the last poster; that this may be Donna. Please advise.

I just looked, Donna isn't on the UID's NamUs profile as being ruled out.

https://identifyus.org/cases/1272 Wondering if anyone had ever thought of this person as a potential match for Donna Barnhill? The the Unidentified decedent's case, there was a police officer in Lousianna that thought her a runaway, said she had an 'accent', and thought she may have gone by the name "Donna". She was found August 3, '82 after being hit by a Tractor Trailer. I would be very interested to hear what others think on this.
I think that you can be right, the post mortem picture is similar enough

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD
Back