NC - Family ran out of gas, walking down the road, son hit & killed, dad, Chad Woods, killed the driver, Person County, 14 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
PERSON COUNTY, N.C. -- A father is in custody for shooting and killing a driver who hit and killed his son with a truck in North Carolina, according to the Person County Sheriff's Office.

It happened before 6:30 a.m. Monday. A family of three ran out of gas in the area.

They were walking down a road when a Department of Correction truck driven by Jeffrey McKay crashed into the youngest member of the family of three.

The boy died from the crash.

More at Dad shoots, kills Dept. of Correction truck driver who fatally struck son: North Carolina police

This is horrible.

PERSON COUNTY, N.C. -- A father is in custody for shooting and killing a driver who hit and killed his son with a truck in North Carolina, according to the Person County Sheriff's Office.

It happened before 6:30 a.m. Monday. A family of three ran out of gas in the area.

They were walking down a road when a Department of Correction truck driven by Jeffrey McKay crashed into the youngest member of the family of three.

The boy died from the crash.

More at Dad shoots, kills Dept. of Correction truck driver who fatally struck son: North Carolina police

This is horrible.
Omg, how devastating. So sad.

the quick early version:

Driver hit the kid, who was killed [instantly]. Driver stopped to call 911, dad shot him mid call, left dead driver and dad's dead child there, took driver's truck and drove home.

ETA: I have no idea how I'd react. Not like this for sure, but also, would I leave my dead/dying child there? wouldn't I take their body if I felt I had to leave the scene? Wait, why would I leave the scene?

following

ROXBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A father is facing three charges and a bond of a $500,000 after a horrific crash and deadly shooting Monday.

Since Monday, detectives have been scouring the area of Dink Ashley Road looking for evidence. The sheriff’s office told CBS 17 on Monday that Woods Sr. threw the gun used in the shooting into a nearby pond.

Woods was arrested and initially charged with second-degree murder and larceny of a motor vehicle. A third charge has since been made against him for possession of a firearm by a felon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back