NC NC - Kaedian Allen, 19, missing after the driver of the car he was in fled from police, Winston-Salem, 31 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
f181e99a-7ea1-4c3c-99ca-523b346acace_1920x1080.jpg

Kaedian Tyshaun Allen, 19, was a passenger in a car where the driver had tried to flee from police on May 31.

The driver was later arrested at Quarry Park, but Allen was not located, despite the use of a drone with thermal capabilities, camera surveillance footage and a perimeter search.

More at Have you seen him? | Winston-Salem 19-year-old missing

Officers did not find the passenger, Allen, despite the use of a drone with thermal capabilities, camera surveillance footage, and a perimeter search by officers on the scene.

On Sunday, officers were told by Allen’s family that he had come home. Officers went back to Quarry Park where they searched the area again on foot with a bloodhound, deployed a drone, searched all local hospitals, and requested the help of the Winston-Salem Fire Department to search the water.

Allen was still not found.

Allen is listed as a missing person. The WSPD is not seeking charges regarding his involvement with the incident on Friday.

Hoping he is safe and okay, but I don't like what I've "seen" thus far.
Positive thoughts, positive thoughts...
Could it be possible he bailed from the car prior to the parking lot when not visible to LE? Could he be hiding at a friends? No word on any priors? Why would he flee?

The pond was searched by a dive team and nothing was found. Used bloodhounds. You would think the jacket would have been discarded running in 80 + degree weather and found by search dogs. Not to mention he was running in slides.

Last edited:
It was a gang unit that was trying to pull them over. Could he have fled with illegal firearms or contraband?
The driver was not found with anything and only charged with felony flee to allude and traffic violations. There is no charges pending against Allen in this incidence.

Last edited:

Officers did not find the passenger, Allen, despite the use of a drone with thermal capabilities, camera surveillance footage, and a perimeter search by officers on the scene.

On Sunday, officers were told by Allen’s family that he had come home. Officers went back to Quarry Park where they searched the area again on foot with a bloodhound, deployed a drone, searched all local hospitals, and requested the help of the Winston-Salem Fire Department to search the water.

Allen was still not found.

Allen is listed as a missing person. The WSPD is not seeking charges regarding his involvement with the incident on Friday.
Did you mean to say that he had not come home?

The article stated He had come home.
Not sure if they messed up or not…
I believe that was a typo because other news stated he had not come home. I watched local news here in GSO.
This one states family said he had still not come home.

Last edited:
Besides a dive team they used a submersible drone.
Well they sure have done an extensive search.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre
Like I stated previously he could have bailed from the car with whatever reason they were running, when police lost them during the chase. That would be a best case scenario and not the bottom of a quarry which I think he would have risen by now. Going or falling into a quarry with steep cliffs while wearing a jacket could have weighted him down.
But it seems they did a thorough search.

Was he sighted by a reliable witness at Quarry Park? Other than the driver of the car that was arrested? By lead does WSPD think he is alive and left the park with another car/person or did someone see him near the quarry itself and possibly fell in?

He was last seen at the Quarry at Grant Park in Winston-Salem on Friday. Investigators now said they have a lead in the case.

While Winston-Salem officers said they do have a lead, they can’t give details on the lead.

The search remains concentrated at the Quarry at Grant Park.

UPDATE:
Quarry Park will be closed starting Tuesday at 9 a.m. due to a police investigation involving a missing 19-year-old.
This will be the second search conducted at the park due to it being the last known location for Allen.

UPDATE:
Quarry Park will be closed starting Tuesday at 9 a.m. due to a police investigation involving a missing 19-year-old.
This will be the second search conducted at the park due to it being the last known location for Allen.
So they must have someone who saw him in the park. The only place that would hide him would be the quarry unfortunately. Maybe he fell or jumped in. I wonder if there is any lighting by the quarry at night?
He was wearing a jacket that could have weighted him down in the water. I hope not but I think if he were still alive he would have notified his family.
I bet they are sending divers back out. Sad. He really did not need to run, it was the driver that was in trouble.
If they find him there I wonder if the driver will be charged in some way?

Nothing in the news today so far if anything was found in the search at Quarry Park. For his and his families sake I hope he did get away and is on a beach somewhere in Mexico.

Nothing in the news today so far if anything was found in the search at Quarry Park. For his and his families sake I hope he did get away and is on a beach somewhere in Mexico.
There appears to be an article on today’s search but it’s behind a paywall.

Before it was blocked I did read where they have reopened since today’s search.

There appears to be an article on today’s search but it’s behind a paywall.

Before it was blocked I did read where they have reopened since today’s search.

I really do hope they do not find him there. Maybe 11:00 news will have an update.

I'd like to know what traffic violations the driver committed. LE is being very vague. There was apparently no crime committed by the driver other than the alleged traffic violations and fleeing, and no outstanding warrants that we know of. I realize fleeing from LE is dangerous to other drivers on the road and not commendable behavior, but I will be sad if we find that this young man has died because he and his friend were afraid of law enforcement. Especially if the traffic violations were minor. I could be completely off base-obviously lots of info is missing, but I find LE tends to be tight lipped when officers make a mistake or show poor judgment. Entirely my speculation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980
Back