Found Deceased NC - Khalil Jefferson, 22, Air Force vet, car found at Greensprings Park, jacket found in the Tar River, Greenville, 2 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
QBIMBEPHSZD57F2OCQ4BRYSLUY.png

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - An Eastern Carolina mother is begging for answers in the search for her missing son.

Khalil Jefferson, 22, was last seen on December 2nd at Greensprings Park in Greenville.

On Friday, the mother led a group of loved ones and even strangers along the Greenville greenway walking trail looking for anything that could lead to finding him.

“I’m not going to go away quietly. I’m going to be as loud as I can be,” she said. Persistent is the best word to describe Sonona Jefferson’s mentality in the search for her son.

More at Mother organizes searches along Greenville greenway for missing son

Kahlil is still missing. :(

Dec 22, 2022
SBM

“My son needs to be found,” said Sonona Jefferson, Khalil’s mother. “I do not know if my son is dead or alive, I have no idea, but he deserves to be found.”

[snip]

Now the family is asking for more help. “There are two huge ponds that need to be searched that are within the immediate area of where my son’s car was parked and where I found his belongings,” Sonona said. “We have to search these areas.”

A press conference was held Thursday afternoon which included statements from Sonona Jefferson, Greenville Police Chief Ted Sauls, and Fire/Rescue Chief Carson Sanders.

“He did have the intent to harm himself on that day, that is understood, I’m not trying to hide that from anyone. We understand this, and from there, I pray that he changed his mind. I pray that he changed his mind and he is now out there,” Jefferson said.

Chief Sauls said they have used all avenues available to them locally in the search. He said that they have cadaver dogs coming next week from outside of the area to search where Khalil was last believed to be.

“We hope that we find him somewhere where he maybe just doesn’t want to be found right now, that’s what I keep hope alive for,” Sauls said.

A sad update. :(

It is with heavy hearts that we announce a body, believed to be that of Khalil Jefferson, was located this morning.

A cadaver dog associated with Loudwater Outfitters, a non-profit search and recovery group based out of South Carolina, located human remains at approximately 11:00 this morning, behind Dockside Apartments in the Tar River, adjacent to the greenway. This area, believed to be the last known location of Khalil, was searched numerous times by law enforcement, fire-rescue personnel, family members and volunteer search teams over the last month since Khalil was first reported missing.

The remains have been transported to the Pitt County Medical Examiner’s Office for official identification.

In the meantime, please continue to keep Khalil’s loved ones in your thoughts and prayers.

JAN 20

GREENVILLE, Pitt County — Family, friends and volunteers are remembering an Air Force veteran who went missing and was later discovered dead in the Tar River in Greenville.

A memorial was held for 22-year-old Khalil Jefferson.

Many who knew Jefferson as a child, and even those who just volunteered in his search, walked miles to make sure that he would never be forgotten.

More at Memorial held for Khalil Jefferson two weeks after his body was found in Tar River

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back