NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why pose as a victim to your family but then not to the police? When her husband was arrested, she could have broke down crying and told all sorts of stories. She hasn't said much that pins this on him.
Because it wouldn’t fly with the police. It would be easier to tell that story to someone who is more likely to believe and not question you. At the moment I do not believe that she talked to her father at all, I think he just can’t believe his daughter could be involved and created that timeline so that his daughter would look less guilty.

If I try to keep an open mind, I have to wonder if she still had fear because of allies/coworkers/family ties of her husbands. I would like more info about his business associates and core groups, to know if she had any reason to fear.

Maybe she did believe he had hidden her somewhere or loaned her out, and didn't want to endanger her further?

I can't quite convince myself of it fully, but nothing else really makes sense either.

At first I thought they were in cahoots with the disappearance, but I don't think they are on the same page at all. I am leaning towards him being the guilty one right now.
I think it will turn out they are both guilty, I’m betting just in different ways MOO

It could be that stepdad is telling the truth. He went to MI, when he came back, MC was gone, and he genuinely doesn't know where she is. He'd still be guilty of not reporting her missinf.
I was leaning that way until he revised his story when he returned. He told LE that he had not seen Madalina since a week before she was last seen at school. How could that be?

If she thinks that Madalina is still alive, she would continue to stay silent. (Still a far-fetched idea)

But I don't know why CM would say that he hadn't seen the daughter in a week before he left town. We saw that she went to school on the 21st so that weekend 11/19-11/20, Tuesday 11/22 and Wednesday 11/23, she would have been home all day. It's not a massive house so how would their paths not cross at all? Weird.

The only thing that logically makes sense to me....is that he is trying to make her disappearance NOT coincide with his trip to Michigan. If he actually did take her and dispose of her or do something with her on that trip....it would seem he would want to make her disappearance occur separately from it.

Although....as her mother's statements show....they don't seem to be working together to create a "story." I don't know what to make of this.....if he took her daughter or did something to her, I can't imagine why she wouldn't just be saying everything she knows at this point. The dynamics in this marriage seem far beyond normal.

Missing child. Each parent asked the other where the child is (e.g.: hiding) ... for weeks? So much speculation on whether the mother has a language or cultural barrier. Does the father have a cultural barrier?

How could two parents act as though they know nothing while the mother's child is missing. If the mother is a victim, incarcerating her husband cleared that obstacle. Does she believe that other people can act on his behalf to harm her if she says something even when he is under watch of police?

Would this woman take her eyes off her child? ... to not know where the child is between school and home life, without proper clothing for the weather (school bus video)? Is she a neglectful mother, or a woman afraid to lose USA citizenship opportunities (is that an issue) while her child is missing? I'm not buying the Romanian (aka Gypsy) cultural barrier. Romanians/Gypsies care for their children.

Something is very unusual. She is in her 30s, he is 60? An arranged marriage from the USSR ... errrr Russia ... in the USA, he has her citizenship as leverage, she has a little girl ... what's his story with little girls?

The 11 year old child was not dressed properly for the weather in the bus video. Did she choose to not wear the clothing she had while other children wore a hoodie, or did she not have a hoodie? If she had a hoodie, why wasn't she wearing it? If she didn't have a hoodie, was she playing with her hair to distract others from what she was missing?

Mom was at home with step-dad and daughter before step-dad took his business trip? Mom didn't notice that her daughter vanished, or she knew that her daughter vanished and thought that he hid her somewhere? Trafficking? I'm not one to think trafficking, but this has some red flags that suggest Russian bride with attractive daughter, child missing, blame mother, father was away on business trip, value of daughter ???

I teach middle school in a colder area than this and it’s not at all uncommon to see kids without coats in winter. About a third of boys in this age group wear basketball shorts all year long, and it isn’t due to neglect.

There are so many reasons a kid may not have a coat on. A few off the top of my head:

- They like their outfit that day and want it showing
-Some don’t like the bulk a hoodie/jacket adds
-They lost it at school that day
-They don’t want to carry it around
-They don’t like the sensory input
-They just plain don’t feel like it- because they’re at an age where they want to make their own choices.

As a parent of a 6th grader, this is a choice I allow my own child to make because they’re an individual who’s learning how to make good choices, and this one comes with a relatively low consequence.

Even if a parent doesn’t give the child a choice, they can put a 6th grader in a jacket at 7am. However, they have zero control over whether that child will have the jacket on 10 hours later.

Im not here to defend or attack mom at this point but the coat/neglect thing is a huge stretch IMO.

Was this was some bizarre trafficking scheme where the 11 year old child and her mother were groomed? Chances are ... as soon as a missing child hits mainstream media, the child is dead.

Question is: when was the child last seen by the mother? Do we know that yet?

Missing child. Each parent asked the other where the child is (e.g.: hiding) ... for weeks? So much speculation on whether the mother has a language or cultural barrier. Does the father have a cultural barrier?

How could two parents act as though they know nothing while the mother's child is missing. If the mother is a victim, incarcerating her husband cleared that obstacle. Does she believe that other people can act on his behalf to harm her if she says something even when he is under watch of police?

Would this woman take her eyes off her child? ... to not know where the child is between school and home life, without proper clothing for the weather (school bus video)? Is she a neglectful mother, or a woman afraid to lose USA citizenship opportunities (is that an issue) while her child is missing? I'm not buying the Romanian (aka Gypsy) cultural barrier. Romanians/Gypsies care for their children.

Something is very unusual. She is in her 30s, he is 60? An arranged marriage from the USSR ... errrr Russia ... in the USA, he has her citizenship as leverage, she has a little girl ... what's his story with little girls?

The mother is not Russian. She is from the Republic of Moldova, an independent country that has not been connected with Russia since the collapse of the USSR more than 30 years ago.

There is no suggestion that she is "Gypsy" or Romani.

Romanians are not "Gypsies." The "Gypsy" (Roma, Romani) population in Romania is approximately 8% and in Moldova it is 3%.

I teach middle school in a colder area than this and it’s not at all uncommon to see kids without coats in winter. About a third of boys in this age group wear basketball shorts all year long, and it isn’t due to neglect.

There are so many reasons a kid may not have a coat on. A few off the top of my head:

- They like their outfit that day and want it showing
-Some don’t like the bulk a hoodie/jacket adds
-They lost it at school that day
-They don’t want to carry it around
-They don’t like the sensory input
-They just plain don’t feel like it- because they’re at an age where they want to make their own choices.

As a parent of a 6th grader, this is a choice I allow my own child to make because they’re an individual who’s learning how to make good choices, and this one comes with a relatively low consequence.

Even if a parent doesn’t give the child a choice, they can put a 6th grader in a jacket at 7am. However, they have zero control over whether that child will have the jacket on 10 hours later.

Im not here to defend or attack mom at this point but the coat/neglect thing is a huge stretch IMO.
This is nothing to do with the missing child's mother. This is about what the child was wearing, and why she appeared underdressed, compared to other children, in the last school bus video of her.

Good choices means an 11 year old knows how to dress for the weather. Other children putting on a sweater or hoodie makes the missing child stand out ... but maybe she lost her hoodie, didn't want to carry her hoodie, didn't like the feel like wearing her hoodie ... so many excuses, no explanations.

It's not a massive house so how would their paths not cross at all? Weird.

Quote snipped by me.
It's hard to imagine a house in which both parents don't say goodnight to the children or at least notice they got ready for bed. Don't greet the child when they come home from work (unless work goes past bedtime.) Don't ever share breakfast together or ask how their day went for a week. No check-in to see how things are, just ignore the child for a week... In my view, he admitted he doesn't care a whit about his stepdaughter with that "well I didn't see her for a week before I left" claim. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75