NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were pets in the house, I thought they would have been picked up immediately after the arrests which were nearly a week ago. Hope someone was caring for them in the meantime.
That would make sense, that the pets would have been picked up sooner. Although, the animal shelter truck being there makes you wonder why it's there, since that's what they do.

If there were pets in the house, they have been there a long time since the arrests last Friday and Saturday.
Our family took a 30 day road trip vacation some years back, and we had 2 cats that were being looked after. Our son-in-law and daughter came over every other day to feed, water & attend the litter box. Both of them told us they never once actually saw the cats, lol. They were skittish and would hide as soon as anyone came over that wasn't family that lived there, so that didn't really surprise me. It's a joke to this day, that we didn't really have cats at all, lol. Point being, if this family had skittish cats, it's entirely possible no one had even seen them, since the parents were arrested.

Our family took a 30 day road trip vacation some years back, and we had 2 cats that were being looked after. Our son-in-law and daughter came over every other day to feed, water & attend the litter box. Both of them told us they never once actually saw the cats, lol. They were skittish and would hide as soon as anyone came over that wasn't family that lived there, so that didn't really surprise me. It's a joke to this day, that we didn't really have cats at all, lol. Point being, if this family had skittish cats, it's entirely possible no one had even seen them, since the parents were arrested.
Sadly ironic to think that either of the two parties currently in jail would express concern to somebody to go pick up a pet (hidden or otherwise) from the house when they didn't report a human child missing for 3 weeks.

Re: the family letter

I find the concern and gratitude expressed believable. But I’m struck by what’s not there…why no expression of confidence in DC’s innocence?

I’m probably reading too much into things, but if I were LE, I’d love to put this letter in front of DC, confront her with all of her inconsistencies, and say, “Hey. Why is your family not rallying around you?” “Why is your father saying that *you couldn’t communicate when we know you were speaking to the school?”

MOO
Edited to add *you

Last edited:
Re: the family letter

I find the concern and gratitude expressed believable. But I’m struck by what’s not there…why no expression of confidence in DC’s innocence?

I’m probably reading too much into things, but if I were LE, I’d love to put this letter in front of DC, confront her with all of her inconsistencies, and say, “Hey. Why is your family not rallying around you?” “Why is your father saying that *you couldn’t communicate when we know you were speaking to the school?”

MOO
Edited to add *you
I have a feeling DC's family is supporting her and defending her innocence to LE. Her family may have a lot of allegations to report about CP. I am wondering if CP's family in Michigan is a good resource of info as well, or would they lie for him?

I have a feeling DC's family is supporting her and defending her innocence to LE. Her family may have a lot of allegations to report about CP. I am wondering if CP's family in Michigan is a good resource of info as well, or would they lie for him?
Idk @Chelly . I’m trying put to myself in her family’s shoes…she’s alone, faraway, sitting in jail. I just think I’d want to defend her publicly. “We want everyone to know that DC would never harm her child” would at least be something. True, nobody might believe them because they are family, but it would at least be a gesture, imo.
As far as CP’s family, we just have nothing because nothing has been done publicly as far as I know.
JMO

Idk @Chelly . I’m trying put to myself in her family’s shoes…she’s alone, faraway, sitting in jail. I just think I’d want to defend her publicly. “We want everyone to know that DC would never harm her child” would at least be something. True, nobody might believe them because they are family, but it would at least be a gesture, imo.
As far as CP’s family, we just have nothing because nothing has been done publicly as far as I know.
JMO
Wondering if U.S. MSM has attempted to contact DC's family in Moldova for a statement supporting her innocence.

Wondering if U.S. MSM has attempted to contact DC's family in Moldova for a statement supporting her innocence.
I sure hope they are trying to get an interview or statement or something. And entirely up to the family as to how to proceed. They are in a tough situation being so far away.

Regardless of how they might feel about DC being in jail (we don’t know), I still think the letter would be a useful interrogation device, if DC is talking. And it’s unlikely she is since she has a public defender.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to wonder if her family back in her home country even know her husband? I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere how they met or anything like that but she moved to the states and she lives in the states with him so... likely not?

Sure, they'd know what she told them but realistically, how reliable is she? Considering this is a mother who made zero effort to notify LE her child was missing, I have a hard time believing anything that comes out of her mouth.
Same goes for CP, for the same reasons.

jmo

Article about the vigil. Community prays, light candles at Madalina memorial

"“We met in Kindergarten or first grade. I do remember her playing alone, so I went to go play with her, and we just connected,” said Madalina’s friend Kamren Stefan. “Her favorite animal was horses. She really loved horses.”

Stefan says she moved out of Madalina’s school and hasn’t seen her in about two years. Still, she says the news is a shock to her, as she used to play at Madalina’s house and never felt anything was out of the ordinary.

“I’ve been crying a lot lately. It’s been hard to sleep more,” Stefan said. “I just really wanted to come out here and try and connect with her again.”"

So the friend hadn't seen her due to a move. And 2 years ago, things seemed fine in the house, to a child.

I'm unfortunately not hopeful that this is the situation but given what I've read that's been released so far, it still seems at least possible M ran away and doesn't trust anyone enough to reach out for help. Regardless, IMO the parents are not off the hook even if that was the case and IMO this family has very unhealthy dynamics - but children are smart and often able to recognize even at a young age when their parents aren't well, and children of abuse/neglect are often wary of trusting ANYONE if they do choose to escape, especially if they've been isolated from friends and none of the adults around them have ever noticed or addressed the abuse/neglect.

I wish I believed this scenario more but even if I don't really feel it, IMO its still really important that people continue to share out her image far and wide and not give her up as deceased until it's known for certain. I wonder if she had a place she used to go when she was sad or hiding from family fights, or a place she wanted to visit someday like Disneyland or or a famous city like Paris or just a general idea like wanting to go to the beach... IMO I'd be very interested to see any of her classroom essays or artwork or things she may have noted or doodled in her notebooks. If she's still with us, I'm rooting for her.

Attachments

• M.jpg
    M.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 17
I think you're correct. Same logo on the truck as on the shelter's site Animal Shelter | Cornelius, NC - Official Website

Not to mention, on mom's FB the pic of the Christmas stockings, some suggested those might be pet stockings. That has a bit more credibility now, seeing the animal shelter truck there.
I’ve seen so many people refer to the picture of stockings, but I’ve not found it anywhere. Can someone link it for me? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom