NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my own theory about what I think happened that is not supported by any actual evidence so I don't want to go too far into it but the only other thing that I would consider, and I give it like a 1% chance, was that Madalina was sold or given to an abuser. I hope I am wrong but this would not be the first time a sexual predator sought out a mother with a young child for the sole purpose of abusing the child. The only person who wouldn't report that they had Madalina, if she's alive, is another kidnapper/abuser.

I usually think these theories are CRAZY but I get a bad feeling about the whole 30/60 mail order bride thing, the family not having friends, the weird plywood partition in the kitchen? All weird to me. Plus I briefly thought about how the guy who kidnapped Shawn Hornbeck kidnapped another child once Shawn got "too old" for him. Abusers can have a preferred victim.

Maybe we will find out she was killed by accident and they are just dumb but I get a dark and twisted feeling here.
I guess I would place that in the category of harm, but, yes, that theory allows the wonderful, hopeful possibility of rescue.
Burning couches, though.
JMO

If there was some other situation that CP and DC were not involved in Madalina's disappearance, now would be the time to talk.

Per LE, they are not.

For me, the only question is who did what and where did they put her.

Obv moo.

I appreciate your well-thought-out and logical post. I would draw the sad conclusion that Madalina is not with us because an 11-year-old cannot hide out alone and needs adults to take care of her. Because her only 2 caregivers are jailed and not talking, the only logical conclusion I can reach is she has come to harm, even if LE cannot confirm that to the public yet. I desperately hope she is with family or friends, happy and healthy somewhere. But I fear that is statistically nearly impossible.
Jmo
Sadly, I agree. I'm just not ready to make public accusations without LE-backup. It's just a personal preference.

Sweet, sweet girl.

Maybe we will find out she was killed by accident and they are just dumb but I get a dark and twisted feeling here.
RSBM

I do too, and that came about as soon as I saw the age difference between DC and CP.

Now before anyone comes for me ;) my own mom & step dad were 15 years apart, and gma & gpa 9 years apart so, I get the age gap thing.

But... CP is old enough to be DC's father, and to me, that's just red-flag territory. And creepy.

jmo

Hmm. I see that. Also, on their jail inmate sheets (post #841) it still says 9 am. ?

Do you have the docket pages for 9 am tomorrow? I'm wondering if they changed the time or if they would possibly have two hearings on the same day for some reason. I don't really know how it works.
There are/were hearings at 9:00 (I watched that session; DC & CP did not appear), 1:30pm and 3:00pm.

ive been away for holidays but this line in the article pretty tells me speculatively all i need to know

link - "Diana Cojocari told police "Madalina went to her room that night to go to bed. Diana stated her and her husband, Christopher Palmiter, argued that night and the next morning he drove to his family's house in Michigan to recover some items," law enforcement officials wrote in the arrest sheet."

RSBM

I do too, and that came about as soon as I saw the age difference between DC and CP.

Now before anyone comes for me ;) my own mom & step dad were 15 years apart, and gma & gpa 9 years apart so, I get the age gap thing.

But... CP is old enough to be DC's father, and to me, that's just red-flag territory. And creepy.

jmo
my parents were 17 years apart and i pretty much am against age gaps due to that. i cant tell other adults what to do, but NOT for me.

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr
2m
In court for Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter this afternoon. Session has just started and they are tending to other matters and cases at the moment. Updates in this thread. #MadalinaCojocari #FindMadalina

@DerekDlngr
3m
Specifically, they are here for the bond hearing. However, this is the first court date since their home was searched last week. Both have been in jail since.

Derek Dellinger

@DerekDlngr
14m
We may also get details in this hearing on the search that happened last week at Madalina’s home in Cornelius. A crime scene unit was seen parked in front of the home, with officers seen taking pictures inside and taking items from the home.

@DerekDlngr
12m
This is the first date that court has opened back up since the holiday. As you may imagine, the courtroom is currently packed because of these other matters, but we’ll be here for whatever happens. Of note, Cornelius PD is in the courtroom.

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr
14m
We may also get details in this hearing on the search that happened last week at Madalina’s home in Cornelius. A crime scene unit was seen parked in front of the home, with officers seen taking pictures inside and taking items from the home.

@DerekDlngr
12m
This is the first date that court has opened back up since the holiday. As you may imagine, the courtroom is currently packed because of these other matters, but we’ll be here for whatever happens. Of note, Cornelius PD is in the courtroom.
Nice find! Here's an update:

@DerekDlngr
·
3m

Diana Cocjocari hearing isn’t happening, however judge did add that there would be a consent to surrender her passports as part of her bond. Christopher Palmiter matter still to be addressed.

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr
·
1m

Of note—family of Diana Cojocari appeared to be in the courtroom. When asked for a comment, we were told, verbatim, “you need to go away”. We were then given the ‘shoo’ motion by the individuals.

I wonder: which items CP claimed to pick up in Michigan. Are the items relevant to Madalina going missing? Did his relative(s) provide the same story he did? When did they first discuss with him that he'd drive out to pick up the items?

I am hoping they'll find Madalina and solve this case using technology, tracking where and when he actually drove, stopped, etc.

All my opinions only.

Both CP's and DC's hearings are on the 3:00pm docket today. DC is on page 3 and CP is on page 7.

It's noted that CP still needs fingerprinted (what?).

It appears both have counsel.

ETA: docket screenshots
View attachment 390416View attachment 390417

3pm Court docket
So it appears DC has a public defender and CP a private one, unless CP's is court appointed. Not sure about the abbreviation of "APT" with respect to Atty Roseman.

Mecklenburg County Public Defender Directory — Mecklenburg Defenders

Roseman Law Firm - Criminal Defense Lawyer Charlotte NC

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr
·
1m

Of note—family of Diana Cojocari appeared to be in the courtroom. When asked for a comment, we were told, verbatim, “you need to go away”. We were then given the ‘shoo’ motion by the individuals.
RSBM

A child is missing, her parents refuse to assist LE in locating her, and extended family tells media to go away.
Yep, seems reasonable to me.

:mad: The heck is wrong with these people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe