NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of have the feeling that it might be the case that she did something and he genuinely doesn't know what. I can't say why he wouldn't have reported her missing but I think there might be a chance that he doesn't actually know what happened to
If he is not guilty, and has no knowledge about M’s disappearance, why isn’t he fully cooperating and saving his own skin? I know I would be the most cooperative witness ever, if it was me facing incarceration for something I am totally innocent of. The only scenario that I can see him having any innocense, is that she is trying to frame him. But that leads to the questions “why would she frame him”? What kind of woman makes her only child vanish and frames her husband who happens to be the person that got her to this country in the 1st place? Her being *here* in the USA, is totally dependent on him. And circles right back to, if he is being framed…..why isn’t he cooperating?

I believe that are both guilty. I hope my thought process makes sense.

If he is not guilty, and has no knowledge about M’s disappearance, why isn’t he fully cooperating and saving his own skin? I know I would be the most cooperative witness ever, if it was me facing incarceration for something I am totally innocent of. The only scenario that I can see him having any innocense, is that she is trying to frame him. But that leads to the questions “why would she frame him”? What kind of woman makes her only child vanish and frames her husband who happens to be the person that got her to this country in the 1st place? Her being *here* in the USA, is totally dependent on him. And circles right back to, if he is being framed…..why isn’t he cooperating?

IMO your thought process makes sense although I don't know if DC is trying to frame CP or if she's actually implicating him and he really did do something bad. IOW is she fiendishly clever and doing her best to take the focus off herself or is she trying to communicate that he really did cause Madalina's disappearance? I dunno.

But in any case it's clear to me that notwithstanding her vague and passive statements (wanted to avoid conflict, husband put the family in danger) her timeline shoots a guilty arrow directly at CP. Ignoring possible conflicts between November 22 and 23:

She reported that Madalina went to bed around 10 pm Wednesday, November 23. That same night she and CP argued. Thursday morning CP left the house. Early afternoon (approximately 11:30 am/12 pm) DC checked on Madalina and found her missing, along with her backpack and some clothes.

So, kid goes to bed, dad leaves the house, kid's gone the next morning. Says mom. Interesting IMO that LE hasn't said much in msm about that but instead they've been stressing how *both* parents are holding back important information. To me that implies there's more that LE hasn't yet shared and they're not ready to let either one off the hook. JMO.

IMO your thought process makes sense although I don't know if DC is trying to frame CP or if she's actually implicating him and he really did do something bad. IOW is she fiendishly clever and doing her best to take the focus off herself or is she trying to communicate that he really did cause Madalina's disappearance? I dunno.

But in any case it's clear to me that notwithstanding her vague and passive statements (wanted to avoid conflict, husband put the family in danger) her timeline shoots a guilty arrow directly at CP. Ignoring possible conflicts between November 22 and 23:

She reported that Madalina went to bed around 10 pm Wednesday, November 23. That same night she and CP argued. Thursday morning CP left the house. Early afternoon (approximately 11:30 am/12 pm) DC checked on Madalina and found her missing, along with her backpack and some clothes.

So, kid goes to bed, dad leaves the house, kid's gone the next morning. Says mom. Interesting IMO that LE hasn't said much in msm about that but instead they've been stressing how *both* parents are holding back important information. To me that implies there's more that LE hasn't yet shared and they're not ready to let either one off the hook. JMO.

That^^ scenario makes sense---but how does it fit with CP claiming he hadn't seen Madalina since the 18th?

Changing my original theory: I wonder if both parents were cruel and abusive? Was corporal punishment common in that household? Did discipline go over the line and result in M's death?

I continue to believe M's remains were disposed of during CP's Thanksgiving drive to family in MI.

My unrealistic hope is that M is safe and being cared for by family members somewhere. I know this is illogical thinking, but I so much want to believe M is alive and healthy.

That^^ scenario makes sense---but how does it fit with CP claiming he hadn't seen Madalina since the 18th?
Even though it's a weird situation that CP would last see Madalina on the 16th it's only his statement just like the others are her statements and also it's almost neutral since Madalina was seen on video on the 21st.

CP may very well have attempted to implicate DC but bungled it. Or it may be true and LE hasn't released why he didn't see her, i.e. he was staying on and off at a hotel due to marital problems. Personally I think both are lying and LE is holding back on any additional statements they've made which might make the circumstances clearer. MOO of course.

In the meantime, LE issued a renewed plea yesterday for information. No news but it's obvious LE doesn't have a substantial direction to search for Madalina at this time:

Interesting final paragraph, my bolding:

The FBI missing person poster instructs anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of Cojocari to contact the Cornelius Police Department at (704) 892-7773 or contact their local FBI office, the nearest American Embassy or Consulate or submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov.

It really goes against the grain for me to pay any sort of compliment to Lori Vallow Daybell - but, I do have to say that at least she had the brains to tell JJ's school that she was taking him out, as they were moving. You would think that M's parents could have done something similar, if they had any brains at all.
I can't speak for other schools' policies or state laws, but for the district I work for, that reason would not get the school to "go away." It might buy the parents a week. A parent saying the student is being withdrawn or moving, regardless of where, does not automatically remove the student from the attendance system. The student remains in the system until s/he is officially enrolled in another school and that school requests the student's records. In the meantime, school officials in my district continue to call parents and conduct home visits as the student is continued to be marked absent. If necessary, SRO (school resource officers who are LE) get involved. While some parents see this as harassment, the system is meant to prevent parents hiding abused children...or worse. Do some manage to manipulate the system or fall through the cracks? Absolutely.

Last edited:

BBM.^^^ November 23 was not a Wednesday. November 23 was Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. It is the day CP claimed he drove to MI...just sayin'. Can't believe a word parents claim about day they last saw M.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Search warrants and phone records related to the hunt for missing 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari have been sealed, according to court documents.

In an order obtained by WBTV, the phone records were sealed because the search warrant affidavits are “extremely detailed and contain many facts not available to the public.”

As for the search warrants, the order states the availability of them could interfere with the rights of Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter, Madalina’s mother and stepfather.

BBM.^^^ November 23 was not a Wednesday. November 23 was Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. It is the day CP claimed he drove to MI...just sayin'. Can't believe a word parents claim about day they last saw M.
No, November 23, 2022 was a Wednesday. Must have been a fun Thanksgiving in that house. :mad: Poor little girl.

But I agree with you that both parents are lying about the last time they saw Madalina.

1672782196726.png
Link

Last edited:

You don't know what you don't know. ‍♀️ How do you cooperate if you tell the police you don't know anything and they don't believe you? He's not under arrest for hurting her He's under arrest for not reporting that she was missing which he is guilty of. From the law enforcement's point of view he's not cooperating because he's not telling them what happened. But if he doesn't know what happened then how can he cooperate If the only thing they will accept is a viable story about what happened?

IMO - Unless Madalina is found, it's going to be hard to charge the parents with harming her. They had over 3 weeks to get rid of potential evidence. I'm sure "some" evidence will be found but will it be enough? Even if there is biological evidence that a crime occurred, there's still reasonable doubt as to which parent is responsible and how much the other one knew.

And the house doesn't seem as though it's being treated like a potential crime scene. I know the police and FBI have spent substantial time at the house on a couple of days early on but not recently.

The article posted above in this thread is DailyMail. I think the article is interesting because there are details that I have not heard previously but DailyMail isn't an incredibly reliable news source. So much of that article sounds like neighborhood gossip and rumor...the guns, the sun worshipping, the icy vibe from DC, etc. I had not heard that CP spent so much time with Madalina if that is in fact true. That could be viewed as normal parental bonding or it could be viewed as controlling behavior.

DC's sister said that Diana has been looking for Madalina but it sounds as though it was incredibly rare to ever see DC. So I don't know where she's been looking but it either wasn't in the local area or she wasn't looking very hard.

Also, my guess is that they have very little money and/or equity in that home considering neither has posted bond. Not easy to support a family of 3 off miscellaneous etching jobs in your garage and a Mary Kay sales rep that no one has ever seen selling Mary Kay.

(All of the above is my own opinion and speculation)
I agree totally about the DailyMail. In fact just a few years ago Websleuths did not allow them as a credible source. There's too much in that article that sounds like sensationalism. I usually take the DMail with a grain of salt. My opinion

You don't know what you don't know. ‍♀️ How do you cooperate if you tell the police you don't know anything and they don't believe you? He's not under arrest for hurting her He's under arrest for not reporting that she was missing which he is guilty of. From the law enforcement's point of view he's not cooperating because he's not telling them what happened. But if he doesn't know what happened then how can he cooperate If the only thing they will accept is a viable story about what happened?
I've wondered this in a lot of cases. How do you prove what you don't know? I do think Madalina's stepfather knows things, but he might not know what they think he knows.

I can't speak for other schools' policies or state laws, but for the district I work for, that reason would not get the school to "go away." It might buy the parents a week. A parent saying the student is being withdrawn or moving, regardless of where, does not automatically remove the student from the attendance system. The student remains in the system until s/he is officially enrolled in another school and that school requests the student's records. In the meantime, school officials in my district continue to call parents and conduct home visits as the student is continued to be marked absent. If necessary, SRO (school resource officers who are LE) get involved. While some parents see this as harassment, the system is meant to prevent parents hiding abused children...or worse. Do some manage to manipulate the system or fall through the cracks? Absolutely.

We dealt with an issue with a family member and their child. Was police, CPS and the school all playing different roles and angles. Everyone knew there was an issue but they all had limitations on what they could do. I remember the sheriff telling me they have a love hate relationship with CPS. The system is broken. In regards to the school, their hands were also tied and did everything they could to arrange rides, notify authorities, etc...Then, the thing the school told me the last thing they want to hear from a parent when fighting attendance issues happened. The parent stated she was going to homeschool the child. It essentially restarted the clock on everything for every party involved. It was crushing but we managed to get the child out and out of state.

We dealt with an issue with a family member and their child. Was police, CPS and the school all playing different roles and angles. Everyone knew there was an issue but they all had limitations on what they could do. I remember the sheriff telling me they have a love hate relationship with CPS. The system is broken. In regards to the school, their hands were also tied and did everything they could to arrange rides, notify authorities, etc...Then, the thing the school told me the last thing they want to hear from a parent when fighting attendance issues happened. The parent stated she was going to homeschool the child. It essentially restarted the clock on everything for every party involved. It was crushing but we managed to get the child out and out of state.
BBM. I was going to mention that. It goes by state but where I live, you can just say you've decided to homeschool your child and then attendance is not considered the school's business anymore.

I agree totally about the DailyMail. In fact just a few years ago Websleuths did not allow them as a credible source. There's too much in that article that sounds like sensationalism. I usually take the DMail with a grain of salt. My opinion
I agree about the Daily Mail and sensationalism etc. However, I've also seen photos and interviews there that no one else had or showed. Not sure if that's just because they're less responsible about what they print or if they pay more for info. than many other news outlets do though. Two sides of the same coin, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb