Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the actuall press conference. The police chief, fire chief and other that spoke couldnt hardly make it through each sentence. I had to fight back tears watching them struggle through and not break down. They gave it there whole heart and soul, everything they had and more to find him alive. That was obvious when i watched them talk about it. They had searched there where he was many times but said couldnt see him even when standing right next to him. He was that covered/hidden. Gutwrenchingly sad watching them. Im going to send them a messege of support soon on there departments site.

I am a mom of a daughter with autism - that poor mom. Wow. Children are fast. I can't believe the dad let him get that far away from him and knowing he can't run well....an enclosed playground would have been a much better and safer environment, especially for a child like Maddox. My choices of where/how I have spent my time with my daughter when she was smaller made me be selective on where we go, especially when I was with her on my own. I am suprised how did both adults not find him? His partner couldn't run fast? Makes you wonder what they were doing when he went out of sight, and waiting an hour until they called 911? Not screaming for strangers to help? Yikes. Just seems so odd doesn't it?

yes, it does.

"Probation and the U.S. Marshals came over to the house and was checking around. I gave them a tip, I asked if they had looked down in the holes and the pipes. She said, 'I don't know if we have or not, but we'll check on it and see," Harold Early told FOX 46. "When we pulled up I saw all this traffic and I asked a police officer what was going on and they said they haven't confirmed it yet, but they think they found [Maddox's] body down there."
Registered sex offender says his tip helped police find body of Maddox Ritch
How close was this to the SO's house?
Oh no. Probation and the marshals were checking his house? And he just happens to give the exact location where Maddox was found? Something stinks. IMO

Oh no. Probation and the marshals were checking his house? And he just happens to give the exact location where Maddox was found? Something stinks. IMO
I listened to this man being interviewed several different times and I think he meant they were just searching around his home, not actually in it, but as just part of the actual search and I really think this guy was trying to help, I don't see him telling them anything that could possibly get himself in trouble if he had anything to do with Maddox being missing. I think he was sincerely trying to help. Just my opinion.

I don't think that's how it happened. I think LE came by checking in on any and all nearby RSO, as they should, and during normal conversation the man probably said have you checked the holes and pipes. When he returned home later LE was in the area the body was found. I'm not sure if that is the holes and pipes he was talking about. Seems purely coincidental to me. The man, although a creep, seemed genuinely upset. As I type it does seem strange but logically why would he point to the exact area if he were involved?

I don't think that's how it happened. I think LE came by checking in on any and all nearby RSO, as they should, and during normal conversation the man probably said have you checked the holes and pipes. When he returned home later LE was in the area the body was found. I'm not sure if that is the holes and pipes he was talking about. Seems purely coincidental to me. The man, although a creep, seemed genuinely upset. As I type it does seem strange but logically why would he point to the exact area if he were involved?
I think the most dangerous ones are the ones never caught and the ones that have been but dont register. I dont think he has anything to do with it. Same as pig farmer in mollie tibbets. Alot were biting at the bit wanting to go after him. He fit the looks, manurisms, and background perfectly. Thats why i didnt think it was him. Little tooo perfect. Im leaning more towards no one being involved with maddoxs death but just an accident with no blame given.

I think the most dangerous ones are the ones never caught and the ones that have been but dont register. I dont think he has anything to do with it. Same as pig farmer in mollie tibbets. Alot were biting at the bit wanting to go after him. He fit the looks, manurisms, and background perfectly. Thats why i didnt think it was him. Little tooo perfect. Im leaning more towards no one being involved with maddoxs death but just an accident with no blame given.
I’m with you.

I might add that we all have an inexplicable sixth sense. Perhaps his kicked in today.

Thanks, if we can get our WS resident that lives on that creek to give us a clue how high the creek is known to rise, we just may establish that it was up high enough to easily carry a 45 pound body downstream quite some distance.

According to the charts I'm seeing in your article, the creek should have been very swollen and swift the day he came up missing. Record rainfalls just prior.

The creek I live on will carry a fighting grown man down stream a long way given a 1" rainstorm in a short period of time. It goes from scenic peaceful to roaring Class IV whitewater very quick. Normally, it's about 3' deep with a few 5' holes but, to get to consistently deeper water, you have to go downstream a couple miles.

I've seen it rise more than 10' several times in the last 20 years.

We have a small creek that runs through our backyard that’s usually just a few inches deep. We live in a valley so when we get a quick, heavy downpour, all of the water from the hills around us comes into the creek and it quickly turns into a rushing whitewater river that’s 8 foot deep.
It runs right through the back of our property so I keep the dogs back and I stay away from it because it would easily sweep a grown man away.

Last edited:
We have a small creek in our backyard that’s usually just a few inches deep. We live in a valley so when we get a quick, heavy downpour, all of the water from the hills around us comes into the creek and it turns into a rushing whitewater river that’s 8 feet deep.
It runs right through the back of our property, so I keep the dogs back and I stay away from it because it would easily sweep a grown man away.
same with the creek at my home, it fills up fast and runs fast but as soon as the rain and water runoff is gone it empties out pretty quickly. My main thought was that he fell in the Lake at the park and got swept down to where he was found by the water rushing out of the lake, but since LE announced that he couldn't have gotten there from the lake Im a little skeptical now on what really happened.

So I'm curious on how covered he was. That there was THAT much brush and debris covering him that even standing right there he was hard to see. Brings to mind maybe more of a protective covering from someone, a sort of protection, like wrapped in a blanket, like we hear in so many cases of children. Think Jon Benet. Maybe, maybe not. Just thinking out loud.
Am I wrong that where he was found was really the only pull off area off the road? Where a car would naturally be able to pull off the road?

So I'm curious on how covered he was. That there was THAT much brush and debris covering him that even standing right there he was hard to see. Brings to mind maybe more of a protective covering from someone, a sort of protection, like wrapped in a blanket, like we hear in so many cases of children. Think Jon Benet. Maybe, maybe not. Just thinking out loud.
Am I wrong that where he was found was really the only pull off area off the road? Where a car would naturally be able to pull off the road?
Did they actually say he was covered or that there was so much woods and foliage that it was hard to see him through all the bushes? I looked at several pictures of the area and from what I could see it did look like the only pull into area for a while anyways, Im still trying to think of how he got that far and wasn't noticed.

Did they actually say he was covered or that there was so much woods and foliage that it was hard to see him through all the bushes? I looked at several pictures of the area and from what I could see it did look like the only pull into area for a while anyways, Im still trying to think of how he got that far and wasn't noticed.
They said they actually had kayakers in that area. I could be wrong but I believe he said they were in that area at least twice with different sets of eyes.

Are there any nearby drainage pipes that dump into the creek? I wonder, could he have been hiding in a drainage pipe and got caught in a surge and drowned or something, and then his body was dislodged and carried out during the heavy storm last night...

Same here. If you look at a map of the park, that particular creek follows 321 and there is a large park parking lot beside it as well. Surely, the park has security cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879