Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SABBM

Why would the local law enforcement not know ?
Is this the FBI sealing off this location as a crime scene ? And if so-- wouldn't they have to keep local LE 'in the loop' ?

The house they are roping off is in Kings Mountain which appears to be about an 18 minute drive from Gastonia. Most likely two different departments and I'm sure they are talking between the two departments to find a connection.

RBBM

Unfortunately, the linked article appears to have been updated, and it no longer says anything about when the call for help came in.

Whether the sentence hollye quoted above was removed because they later realized it was inaccurate or for some other reason, I am not sure.

ETA: The following article, published about an hour ago, says:
"Police say Maddox Ritch, 6, has autism and is nonverbal. They say he was reported missing at around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. He was with his father and another adult on the back side of the lake, when they lost sight of him"
Search continues for missing child with special needs in Gaston County

It may be a typo. I'm really not sure.

"He was with his father and another adult on the back side of the lake, when they lost sight of him"

This is such strange wording...'when they lost sight of him...'

That does not sound like they were walking right behind him, and he ran ahead, and they ran to catch up, and then they lost sight of him...because in that case they could say they lost sight of him as he ducked into the trees, or as he went around the bend and towards the lake...

To me, 'when they lost sight of him' sounds like he was off in the distance when they lost him?

?
I think I have a pretty good idea based on information from the “About” section of certain someone’s FB page.

There are times I really wish I had FB just so I could figure out what you guys are talking about. This is one of those times. Another was yesterday when someone posted something here about somebody's toys being sold.
Sigh.

?

There are times I really wish I had FB just so I could figure out what you guys are talking about. This is one of those times. Another was yesterday when someone posted something here about somebody's toys being sold.
Sigh.

Deleted

The house they are roping off is in Kings Mountain which appears to be about an 18 minute drive from Gastonia. Most likely two different departments and I'm sure they are talking between the two departments to find a connection.

I'm trying to say this without violating terms since media or le aren't identifying parents yet but it would not be far fetched for dad to have a kings mountain address and drive to that park....

The landfill was searched yesterday as well as well as local dumpsters so that may just be routine. ...

Trying to stay hopeful but things seem to be turning QUICKLY today

UPDATE | Kings Mountain detectives say at this time they do not think this case is connected to the search for Maddox Ritch.

Neighbors say they called police for help after they saw a man and a woman break into a storage shed. @wsoctv

Mark Barber on Twitter

So why is the house being taped off? where is this storage shed?

Have they really ruled out the lake. I hate to say it, as it is so tragic, but it seems like every time, it ends sadly with the child being found in the water. That lake looks so large. They couldn't have totally searched it yet, have they?

Have they really ruled out the lake. I hate to say it, as it is so tragic, but it seems like every time, it ends sadly with the child being found in the water. That lake looks so large. They couldn't have totally searched it yet, have they?

They stated yesterday they were draining it down some but they've search that lake a great bit.. There are so many creeks etc though.

“11:00 am
At least three FBI agents and as many Gaston police officers were in the area of Gaston County Landfill off Philadelphia Church Road, near Dallas.”
View attachment 148543
The Latest: In search of Maddox Ritch - News - Gaston Gazette - Gastonia, NC
Also from the article:
“Several Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department officers have joined them.”

This part really concerns me ....

From the landfill to the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department HQ is a 40-minute drive. From the park, it takes a half hour. They aren’t anywhere near either location. Yet, they were seen in the area of the landfill along with the FBI agents and the Gaston County Police Officers.

I am now wondering when the dad last worked before Maddox’s disappearance, or when he ws last seen there (even if he wasn’t scheduled to work).

I really don’t like what’s going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413