Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live feed. Reporter said about a mile and a half from the park.
Watch Live Newscasts
Ugh, how heartbreaking. I just hope that Maddox's last run was full of fun, exhilaration and joy- that he saw fun things and had one hell of a great adventure before passing away. Please, please let that be the case, for him, and his loved ones.

Definitely not unthinkable that Maddox could walk that far at 6-years old. My nephew is on the spectrum and he could have walked that far without batting an eyelash at 6, probably at 4! He was full of energy and loved talking walks (and running away from whoever would give chase).

I am wondering thought, if Maddox actually walked to that location, why didn't they find him sooner if they utilized SAR dogs? Or did I misread that somewhere?

@BrigidaMack Heartbreaking news. How far away from the park was Maddox's body found? More than a mile?

Bob Grebe WHSV on Twitter

Reply:

About a mile. No more. When #Sky3 panned from the scene of where #MaddoxRitch was found -we could see Rankin Lake Park.

Our @WBTVSteveO said a witness told him there’s actually a path/trail from the park that runs under hwy 321 to the area where he was found. @WBTV_News

Brigida Mack WBTV on Twitter

Bbm
Are they talking about Long Creek? If so I think you can see the path, which runs alongside it on Google Maps. Unfortunately the resolution is awful but I think I can see where Maddox may have veered left instead of right towards the parking lot.
Google Maps

I read where the park employee accused the father and his friend of not seeming too upset that his son was missing. That was a little unfair to publish already....? Or are they going to investigate the possibility of criminal activity?

Completely relate. We have a 15 year old with autism. She takes 10mg of melatonin every night and still does not sleep through the night. We now have an alarm on the house - every door and every window. We did not give her the code; so she can not disarm it.
Mine will be 15 in December wow 15 in my head she’s still a baby until I think about her age. Looks like we’ve both been on this journey together . Life IS easier now I’m not in the place of having to be “on 24/7” with her anymore. We gained a bonus child that just turned 3 though so he’s the one who keeps me on my toes. My girl is so much easier now I think back and wonder how we got through it. Puberty was a god send for us she really matured a lot and is just a different kid in many ways. She’s non verbal but she can let you know what she needs wants in many other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28