GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with both posts. If she liked an IG photo at 7pm why wasn't she at dinner with her friend? If she were in distress at that time, why would she be on IG liking pictures, what was the picture of? Why would a killer browse IG and randomly like a photo UNLESS she was browsing IG and was caught off guard after just hitting the like button. IMO if that is her last known communication with anyone it's very important and should be reviewed by LE via Maggie's phone and the the IG timeline history. That is MUCH later than anyone else had communications with her that we (the public) know of so until they release more details it's a big key factor to the timeline.
Has the comment about the IG post "like" been confirmed? I don't remember seeing it mentioned in MSM other than in the comments. If LE can't place Maggie anywhere after noon Friday, then the IG poster either does not have the post to back up her claim or has not contacted LE at all. Who knows, the perp could have planted that comment to throw off the investigation.

I don't remember reading what time Maggie was supposed to meet her friend that night, nor that they were going out to dinner specifically. Do you have a link to confirm they were going out to dinner Friday and that Maggie should have been with her friend at 7:00 P.M.? TY!

July 18, 2014: Three weeks later, no suspect in death of Margret Daniels
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Thre...ct-in-death-of-Margret-Daniels-267706821.html

NEWTON, N.C. – Three weeks after the death of popular Newton guidance counselor and teacher Margret Daniels, there has still been no arrest, or even a prime suspect.

A friend who was shopping with her said Daniels went home afterward and the last contact the friend had was a text message from Daniels at about noon that Friday.

In this day and age, I feel it would be very difficult to not leave a trace of physical evidence behind in a murder. I hope that police work was good enough to find all evidence at the scene and the perp will be found that way. Most murders are done by people the victim knows so I would not discount students or neighbors or even just a cable tv worker that may have stopped by her home or a car repair man. I hope LE are leaving no stone unturned.

July 18, 2014: Three weeks later, no suspect in death of Margret Daniels
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Thre...ct-in-death-of-Margret-Daniels-267706821.html

Not sure how long it takes for forensics to come back with what was learned from things collected...

LE is very tight-lipped and do not want public to know essentially anything about this case, and a judge sealed the search warrants. It was after that an investigator was seen walking around the Thornton Elementary School area, behind the Windsor Apartments where Maggie lived.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/25...search-for-information-in-maggie-daniels-case

Can't a person whom LE publicly declared to be cleared remain on their radar? In one case I've followed, LE claimed earlier that a POI close to the murder victim was cleared. I always backed the POI because he was cleared per LE. Although no one has been arrested in that case, I now concede with others that the POI who had been cleared is now the sole POI on LE's radar. So, I'm thinking in this case, just because someone has been pronounced "cleared" publicly doesn't mean that the person is no longer a POI in the investigation. LE may want to put the POI at ease so that he's more likely to make a slip, and to insure he doesn't try to skip town before they get results back from the lab. MOO

Can't a person whom LE publicly declared to be cleared remain on their radar? In one case I've followed, LE claimed earlier that a POI close to the murder victim was cleared. I always backed the POI because he was cleared per LE. Although no one has been arrested in that case, I now concede with others that the POI who had been cleared is now the sole POI on LE's radar. So, I'm thinking in this case, just because someone has been pronounced "cleared" publicly doesn't mean that the person is no longer a POI in the investigation. LE may want to put the POI at ease so that he's more likely to make a slip, and to insure he doesn't try to skip town before they get results back from the lab. MOO

My understanding is that very thing happens a fair bit. (well it does in Australia, so I assume it's the same in the US).

LE release whatever info they feel is required to the media in order to catch the perp - and often they do seem to use the whole "lulling them into a false sense of security by publicly clearing them" tactic.

Seems like LE is at a loss after reading their, first naming then clearing a POI, as per the article:
http://myfox8.com/2014/07/17/invest...erson-of-interest-in-maggie-daniels-homicide/

IMO, it would be good if a timeline were released to the public, asking if anyone had seen Maggie on her last afternoon.

Checking surveillance of places of she should have been at would also help, as I previously mentioned about using surveillance in a negative way - to show someone is not where they are expected to be.

It's possible (but I don't know) if LE has a clear idea of exactly when she stopped doing her normal routine. While TOD (which also has not been released) will tell just that, when she was actually taken is more important in figuring out who did it...

Has Joe the maintenance guy been cleared? Story seems hinky to me.

I'm guessing COD is pending due to LE's wish to keep it under wraps while they are interviewing potential suspects. Manner of death, I presume, is still homicide, hence the "murder" denotation.

Wonder if anyone in the apt. complex where she lives has moved out.... wonder if anyone is showing-up, looking to see what's taking place and even talking to LE asking about the case.... wonder if any men home during the day, unemployed or working odd hours?

All things I've see in other cases where an attractive gal, living alone in an apt complex is murdered by someone who fits the above...

I think she was private with her personal live because she was a mentor to kids. She talked with them and they opened up to her. I don't think she talked about herself as much as the person she was talking to.

Googling for any new news, nothing being reported. I do see that both Newton Police and the SBI (North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation) are involved....

Checking for any new news, sadly seems going :coldcase:

We are not going to discuss friends, relatives, etc. that are not named as POI. It is against TOS. Also if a poster post a discussion about a relative please do not respond to the person by quoting that post and telling them they should not be discussing it. Alert a MOD so we can remove it. Thank you

Nothing has changed since I posted this warning a few days ago but I still continue to see posts about MD's relationship. Family, friends and relationships are off limits and against TOS.

If it continues you might want to consider packing an overnight bag. :silenced:

No news. Sad. I just knew this case would be solved relatively quickly.

If I were LE, I'd be checking the locals for asssault, domestic violence & past sex crimes in that neighborhood.

It is a bad neighborhood. A club near the complex (not a very desirable one) as well as a house where the Outlaws club meet. NCHS isn't in a good area. But she wanted to be near the school.

The "friend" Judson that loves the camera, stated on JVM that it was a handheld mirror that was broken. I have never heard clarification of the type mirror.... In a bedroom the main mirror would be attached to her dresser. Could be a handheld mirror but I personally keep those in the bathroom so I can check the back of my hair after it's fixed. Not only that but I have yet to hear from the wife Rachel from Cleveland OH just him. JVM's FB comments are also finding him strange and questioning why her best friend is silent yet he is all over the TV. He may have been merely speculating referring to a handheld mirror but when the SBI and Newton PD have not been specific about the type, I find that cause for concern. ONLY MY OPINION

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly
Back