Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of speculation regarding the logic of Mariah getting abducted in the middle of the night in a trailer home.

One case does come to mind where this happened. Diana Alvarez was abducted from a mobile home / trailer park by a family friend who had previously stayed with the family.

I have no idea whether or not the parents are involved. I have no opinion on this, just want baby Mariah home safe.

Jessica Lunsford also lived in a trailer park and so did little Sandra Cantu. I am sure there have been others as well.

Mother temporarily loses custody while CPS investigates an incident, and now the biological father hasn't seen the child since last year? Something tells me the parents' priorities are out of wack.

I keep seeing remarks like this. The father clearly stated he did not see her but this was not by choice. The mom kept the kids away from him purposely.

Sick. Of. This.

I had a potential client call me the other day. She needed assistance because she was selling her home and moving with her little girl to a different county, away from daddy- who has the child half of the time and is a "good father" - and in with her fiancé. How long has she known the man? SIX MONTHS.

Disgusting what some women will do or risk for a man. Selling her home. Uprooting her child. Separating father and daughter. For a man she barely knows.

When are women going to stop it? Stop moving in men with your young children. Stop allowing your new man to "babysit" or "discipline" your kids. Stop putting your need for a man ahead of the needs of your children!

Of course single parents deserve to have a life and romance. But my gosh, the two can be kept separate. At least for a few years while you get to know them super, super well.

I don't know what happened here or whether anyone in the house is connected with this little doll's disappearance. Nothing has been released yet except the request for info that the baby was seen Sunday.

But after so many cases involving the "new man", I'm jaded and (perhaps prematurely) pissed.

I think some people are, sadly, very sly about hiding who they really are. So, 6 months, 6 years, might not make a difference.

Other times, their true colors clearly show from the get-go but their partner has their own issues or patterns in choosing bad partners, for a variety of reasons.

Regardless of the reasons it's sad and not something I have firsthand experience with, thank goodness!

But, like you Im sure, I just want this girl found safely. She looks so sweet and cute! And as another poster said, we need a story with a happy ending. I'm not optimistic, but I'm so ready for a "found alive" case!

O/T. I took a mini break and checked on the Sydney Loofe Missing case, There are 2 POI's they are looking for. I have been watching this case and just saw that. So if anyone is following Syndeys case, you may want to take a quick peak. IMO

resuming my heavy heart for Mariah!

I keep seeing remarks like this. The father clearly stated he did not see her but this was not by choice. The mom kept the kids away from him purposely.

Do they have a custody agreement that legally prevents him from seeing them on specific days or times throughout the year?

For some reason, the mom’s plea reminds me of Susan Smith’s plea many years ago.

I must be blind, I have checked this link 3 times and cannot find any comments.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Does the browser you are using with your SM-S727VL have any kind of tracking protection?

My newest version of Firefox (for my laptop running Windows 10) does.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Tracking_protection

Unless I disable it (temporarily) for some web pages with comments I cannot view the comments.

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Search-underway-for-missing-toddler-in-Onslow-County-460279893.html
Has anyone here had any discussion or concern with this one sentence? I can't get it out of my mind!!

The trash can was surrounded by crime scene tape before it was moved from the scene into the back of a law enforcement vehicle.

Ugh.

I think some people are, sadly, very sly about hiding who they really are. So, 6 months, 6 years, might not make a difference.

Other times, their true colors clearly show from the get-go but their partner has their own issues or patterns in choosing bad partners, for a variety of reasons.

Regardless of the reasons it's sad and not something I have firsthand experience with, thank goodness!

But, like you Im sure, I just want this girl found safely. She looks so sweet and cute! And as another poster said, we need a story with a happy ending. I'm not optimistic, but I'm so ready for a "found alive" case!

Me too.

Do they have a custody agreement that legally prevents him from seeing them on specific days or times throughout the year?

The dad indicated he is supposed to have weekend time with them but the mom prevents it. So he probably has a ton of custody violation reports or whatever from the police but they won't get more involved than that. So his only option is to go back to court and file contempt charges or a request for a Jane in custody.

However, if he has been burned in court already several times and doesn't have money for an attorney to help him then I could see how he would just give up.

I know exactly what I think happened in this case, so I am sitting on my hands. I hope I am wrong and little Mariah is found alive!

I think it's important too to remember that not all live in boyfriends or step dads are awful. We see so many cases where they are that sometimes it's hard to remember that there ARE wonderful, fantastic step dads in the world. Both of my girls were abused by their bio. My husband (their step dad) is amazing. He would NEVER harm a hair on their heads (in fact, he's the more lenient parent between us, so they go to him if they want to hear "yes"!) They don't call him by his name, they call him Dad. And for all intents and purposes, he IS dad. He takes them to doctor appointments. He deals with late night blood sugar checks when I'm too exhausted to move. He goes to sporting events and school programs and takes them to school on his days off. And I know he isn't the only one-- so shout out to all the step dads out there who AREN'T terrible people. JMO, of course.

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Search-underway-for-missing-toddler-in-Onslow-County-460279893.html
Has anyone here had any discussion or concern with this one sentence? I can't get it out of my mind!!

The trash can was surrounded by crime scene tape before it was moved from the scene into the back of a law enforcement vehicle.

Needing to put crime scene tape around it suggests that the trash can might have been situated outside the crime scene tape that's all around the property.

So it could belong to a neighbor, maybe they'd thrown out some childs clothes or toys and weren't home so LE took it to check.

I guess they might also take the family's trash can for forensic verification of what happened the evening before Mariah was reported missing. At some point it might be necessary to know what Mariah had for supper on Sunday, and the mother might be so upset that she can't even remember.

Or maybe LE want to know if anyone else was in the home on Sunday and want forensic evidence of their presence, even a cigarette butt with their DNA on it or something like that might become helpful as the investigation progresses.

I know exactly what I think happened in this case, so I am sitting on my hands. I hope I am wrong and little Mariah is found alive!

I think it's important too to remember that not all live in boyfriends or step dads are awful. We see so many cases where they are that sometimes it's hard to remember that there ARE wonderful, fantastic step dads in the world. Both of my girls were abused by their bio. My husband (their step dad) is amazing. He would NEVER harm a hair on their heads (in fact, he's the more lenient parent between us, so they go to him if they want to hear "yes"!) They don't call him by his name, they call him Dad. And for all intents and purposes, he IS dad. He takes them to doctor appointments. He deals with late night blood sugar checks when I'm too exhausted to move. He goes to sporting events and school programs and takes them to school on his days off. And I know he isn't the only one-- so shout out to all the step dads out there who AREN'T terrible people. JMO, of course.

Great post. Your kids sound blessed.

And thank you for not saying "for all intensive purposes." (lol, one of my grammar peeves!)

Sick. Of. This.

I had a potential client call me the other day. She needed assistance because she was selling her home and moving with her little girl to a different county, away from daddy- who has the child half of the time and is a "good father" - and in with her fiancé. How long has she known the man? SIX MONTHS.

Disgusting what some women will do or risk for a man. Selling her home. Uprooting her child. Separating father and daughter. For a man she barely knows.

When are women going to stop it? Stop moving in men with your young children. Stop allowing your new man to "babysit" or "discipline" your kids. Stop putting your need for a man ahead of the needs of your children!

Of course single parents deserve to have a life and romance. But my gosh, the two can be kept separate. At least for a few years while you get to know them super, super well.

I don't know what happened here or whether anyone in the house is connected with this little doll's disappearance. Nothing has been released yet except the request for info that the baby was seen Sunday.

But after so many cases involving the "new man", I'm jaded and (perhaps prematurely) pissed.

This! 100%! My husband and I split up when my daughter was 10, (she is 14 now) and I put dating on the back burner. I don't date. I'll have time for that when she's grown and gone. Not saying people with kids shouldn't date, it's just a decision I made for my child, to devote all my time and attention to her through the tough years. I think living with "boyfriend" when you have small children is not a great idea. Add drugs and it's a disaster waiting to happen. MOO, IMO

My first thought was "diaper pail."

idk

jmo

Generally, a trash tin is useful evidence as there can be items in there used to clean up a crime scene and hastily thrown away or items containing DNA or a fingerprint unknown to the household.

Admin Note:

I think it's time for members new and old to review:

Rules Etiquette & Information

Please pay particular attention to:

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Also, please leave rumors at the door.

Thank you

Friendly reminder folks.

Just wondering if they, in fact, did travel to another state to visit relatives for Thanksgiving. Not unusual. I think I read mom has relatives in KY. When I think of this, there are so many places in between NC and KY. It is so important to establish if Mariah was seen Sunday when they returned. If not, WOW, so many possibilities (not good).

Mom was in a custody dispute with dad. Child goes missing. And the first thing she does not do is call the father to see if he has the child? Or to even have law enforcement go question the father? Because according to dad he heard about this not from the police but from an Amber alert.

Yeah. Not buying it. She knows where that baby is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.