Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. IMO, the perp has a history of violent behaviors and giving a confession would mean giving up control. However, I am hopeful that all of those surrounding him/her are providing enough details for LE to build a strong enough case.

To me the longer the search goes the less likely someone is going to confess, I think it emboldens the perp. I do think LE knows what happened and they are connecting the dots and I do think they have "stuff".

What makes you think that?

I think with as little as we have heard that there is some obviousness to this case. And LE knows far more than we do. I also have the impression that the bf isn't very smart nor educated. I could be wrong, but that's my impression so far. I think LE will tighten the noose on him and he will crack under pressure. If the mom knows, she will too. Do we know if either one has lawyered up yet?

Does anybody happen to remember the case of the little missing girl from the home she shared with her bio dad and grandma. Seems they had a visitor one night and it was he that killer her. I'm a bit foggy on that case but seems similiar

Didn't I read early on that somebody did come to the trailer late that night to visit? I haven't read it lately but seems I did early on in the case.

Shaylynn Ammerman?

Does anybody happen to remember the case of the little missing girl from the home she shared with her bio dad and grandma. Seems they had a visitor one night and it was he that killer her. I'm a bit foggy on that case but seems similiar

Didn't I read early on that somebody did come to the trailer late that night to visit? I haven't read it lately but seems I did early on in the case.

Little Alayna comes to mind. Her parents had a friend over. I want to say the dads played on a softball league and had a game that evening. The friend stayed the night and when the parents woke up the next morning the friend was gone...and so was Alayna. I’m not sure a grandmother played into this case - it might just be similar.

MN - Alayna Ertl, 5, Watkins, 20 Aug 2016 *Arrest*
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?t=315237&share_type=t

re:Zarah Baker
she was missing one leg and was deaf...she went deaf being treated for bone cancer when she was 5. then several years later the evil step mother cut her into pieces and scattered the parts. head and more was never found...evil one only received 15 to 25 I believe because cause of death was never shown...no child should ever have go thru the trials that little one did. her father didn't even know she was missing for 2 weeks..cops believed him and cleared him.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason that the bio-dad isn't considered a victim as well?

He should be considered a victim.
And according to TOS, he is to be treated as a victim.
Unless/until he is named a POI by LE (which IMO, he won't be), he's a victim.

I think the mother is not involved in the disappearance, I think she is cooperating with the Sheriff. The reason I believe this is from today's conference.

He stated "I personally had a very long conversation with a family member today. And we want to bring Mariah back to HER"
And then he stated "They are cooperating".

From this I get the feeling the Mom now realizes what really happened and is helping with what she can. A spanking with a belt is one thing to protect someone from, but murder of your precious daughter is another complete different thing. Here is the conference, his statements are around the 6 minute mark.

https://www.facebook.com/WFMYNews2/videos/10156120613173755/

I think I had the wrong case,sorry for the sleepy post.

That is not about Mariah Woods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

for me too. for a lot of reasons. including someone outside the family possibly having taken an injured/deceased child out of the house and disposing of the body. including the possible presence of substances. of older children in the home. bio dad not at home at the time.

This is so bringing back memories of Lisa Irwin, last time another adult outside the family saw the child, combined with where family members were in the days leading up to the child going "missing". So frustrating. Hopefully in 6 years we aren't still asking where Mariah is located. :(

Mothers are supposed to be caretakers and advocates for their children. In my mind they are just as guilty as their live in boyfriend that kills or beats a child. It's time they are held responsible for THEIR actions in introducing this menace to their family.

so sorry about your son. what a moving story. I truly believe in forgiveness in some circumstances and the healing power of it for the victim.

I am speaking about Mariah's mom possibly being a victim of DV in this case, and that trauma informed intervention for her could possibly help in this case.

I can only speak from my experience. My son, a combat vet died tragically in 2010. By todays standards (I won't go into specifics) the person partially responsible would have been charged. An hour after I had walked into the funeral home and seen my son lying there, there was a scurrying of people upset and talking. I went to see what was wrong. The person partially responsible was seen sitting in the parking lot. Everyones motions were very high and angry. I have always believed in forgiveness and the personal burden it would be to for me not forgive. I had enough of a burden at the time without adding unforgiveness to it. I walked to the parking lot and to the persons car. He looked frightened. He admitted what happened and with tears in his eyes he apologized. I took his hand and walked with him into the funeral home so he could have whatever peace he could find. I am so grateful that all of that happened. I personally believe it was something greater then myself that allowed that to happen. Forgiveness frees a person. Wisdom gives you the understanding to avoid it happening again. I don't judge anyone for how they handle tragedy. Just wanted to share how I handled a part of mine.

Has there been a Help Us With A Donation fund set up?
I haven't heard of an account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member