Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a visitor at the home around midnight that i read about upthread?
Wonder if that was checked out as to who that was? Someone familiar with this family who perhaps knew the home?

I keep that box checked and it STILL signs me out automatically. Only on the work computer

It sounds like cookie permissions, but I can't say what exactly. It could be because it's a work computer if you have a tech team making the settings and they don't want permanent cookies from a non-work related site?

Certainly LE will speak with these two older boys and hopefully they will get some insight into living conditions. Certainly the area they are searching, which I think someone mentioned was approximately 3 miles from the home, is rather far for this child to have wandered off to. Just how limited was her ability to walk and, has it still not been confirmed whether Mariah's braces were missing or not? What about this so called sighting of her with a woman in Walmart?
According to the family in Eastern Kentucky who were interviewed, she could walk without the braces, but with a limp. The Walmart person was cleared. She was with her daughter, who also has a limp

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am by no means an expert in such things, but it occurs to me (not related specifically to anyone that has posted about their experiences, perhaps I shouldn't be tacking this onto your post but otherwise it might look to be unconnected with the subject matter) that sometimes people who have witnessed or suffered abuse might not have recognised how legitimately angry they are about it still. I have seen some truly powerful healing within people by beating up cushions and acknowledging deep unexpressed anger at the fear and other stuff they have had to carry. The beauty of it is that the person whom the anger is being vented at doesn't even have to know.

I hope this doesn't cause offence to anyone.
As an adult, I took it out on a stump that needed to be removed with an ax. It was wonderful and satisfying. I highly recommend it and very much wish I was still physically able to swing an ax again because it was hands down the absolute best way I've ever gotten rid of my pent up anger, frustration, and grief.

This has nothing to do with this case but I had the most bizarre experience with LE yesterday. I found a cell phone on the parking lot of my office as I was leaving for lunch. When I returned I turned it in to the information desk thinking someone had dropped it and would be back looking for it. It wasn’t an hour later that 2 detectives showed up in my office. The first thing they said was that I wasn’t in trouble. Well, that never crossed my mind as I knew I hadn’t done anything wrong! They wanted me to show them exactly where I found the phone because it belonged to someone who has been missing for 3 days!!! I immediately said “Oh, I shouldn’t have touched it then. “. They were very nice, assured me I had done the right thing as some people might have just kept it. I pointed out the spot, they took pictures and asked me to write a report about exactly what happened and when. The part that has me really freaked out is how did they even know someone found the phone? It was dead as a door nail-I know because I tried to turn it on to see if I could figure out the owner. So, this just goes to show that LE has resources that we don’t know about and are always working even if it doesn’t look like they are. Sorry this is so long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe the info desk called the police to report the missing phone?

In the Nancy Grace interview with the bio father, he said that (I presume according to the mom/bf) that the door of the home was found ajar, not just unlocked, when they got up.

Maybe that means Mariah could have opened the door and wandered off. Maybe an intruder didn't bother to take time to shut the door behind them?

In the Nancy Grace interview with the bio father, he said that (I presume according to the mom/bf) that the door of the home was found ajar, not just unlocked, when they got up.

Maybe that means Mariah could have opened the door and wandered off. Maybe an intruder didn't bother to take time to shut the door behind them?
I just have a hard time believing she was abducted since LE stated there was no threat to the community, no predator to worry about. I was willing to give mom and bf the benefit of the doubt before that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I can only imagine an addiction problem. Addicted people lose their values. We have no idea if this is the case here.
There are also people who are never without a significant other, sometimes from the first moment they begin dating as a teenager. Some of these people who are never completely broken off with one relationship before jumping into another are incapable of ever being alone. They often need to be "rescued" by another man/woman before leaving, have to have an opposite sex counterpart prior to completely severing previous ties. These people drive me nuts, personally. I think some have abandonment issues, some have poor self esteem, some have no way to financially support themselves on their own, etc. This is such an intense pattern for some people that their own emotional limitations prevent them from seeing how bad it could get if they don't act independently.

I can't say for sure that this is true in the mother's case, but I have reason to suspect it may be.

It wouldn't be the first time a vindictive mother in a custody dispute handed their child over to a family member or someone in one of those underground child trafficking rings that hide children from fathers under the guise that the father is the abusive one when in reality mom is just being vindictive and refuses to share the child.

that would be shades of Elizabeth Johnson but in this case there are 3 kids that bio dad is the father of. I dunno Since we already had an incident where BF beat the oldest boy with a belt my money is on him, the BF being responsible for whatever happened and mom must know like everyone keeps saying those trailers are so small and sounds travel.

Interesting. I wonder if there is anything more to be gleaned from the local who said they saw someone carrying something leave the trailer around 3am-4am. I wonder if they believed it to be an adult or a child walking out.

What I am interested in is their sleeping arrangements? I believe a trailer like that is probably no bigger then a 3 bedroom. I thought I saw somewhere on here that the mother, BF grandma and brothers where all at the home. Do they all live/sleep there? I would assume that the mom and BF shared a room, the grandma may have had one and you would think maybe all the kids shared one? How is it that little Mariah had her own room at 3yrs old or where was she sleeping? I don't know it just seems strange that all those people in that home and no one knows where the baby is. :scared:

I just have a hard time believing she was abducted since LE stated there was no threat to the community, no predator to worry about. I was willing to give mom and bf the benefit of the doubt before that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hmm...I dunno. My gut tells me that even if it was a predator LE may say there is nothing for other parents to be concerned with since it would be quite rare for another abduction to occur so soon. Think about it for a moment, how often do you hear about a kid being kidnapped then a week later another kid from the same community goes missing. Yea, it's happened but it seems pretty rare and based on FBI data it would be near impossible for another child to be stolen from their bed in the same community within a week of one already occurring.

I just read an FBI report that was posted in the Mariah threads that said out of something like 200,000 abductions in a year only 18 involved a child being kidnapped from inside the home. I think the sheriff knows the numbers are on his side in this community so the rest of the parents have no reason to be concerned.

Please stay on topic folks and keep the thread specifically for Mariah.

Too much generalizing can really derail a thread.

Thank you

The places these poor children are found after a real or fake abduction almost destroy me. If the parents are involved I wonder how they can dispose of them like ordinary trash. I can't believe I'm following this case. It will not come to a good end, like all the others.......

Hmm...I dunno. My gut tells me that even if it was a predator LE may say there is nothing for other parents to be concerned with since it would be quite rare for another abduction to occur so soon. Think about it for a moment, how often do you hear about a kid being kidnapped then a week later another kid from the same community goes missing. Yea, it's happened but it seems pretty rare and based on FBI data it would be near impossible for another child to be stolen from their bed in the same community within a week of one already occurring.

I just read an FBI report that was posted in the Mariah threads that said out of something like 200,000 abductions in a year only 18 involved a child being kidnapped from inside the home. I think the sheriff knows the numbers are on his side in this community so the rest of the parents have no reason to be concerned.

I strongly disagree. The community should worry if they suspect an abduction by a predator. They should be made aware so they can bake precautions like locking doors and watching their children when outside. Could be that abductions don't occur back to back so after because the community is on alert after first one.

Fortuitous location for the FBI; MCAS New River, the entire right side of US17-N in this area belongs to the base. Osprey's are stationed there and the FBI facility is aboard MCB Quantico. It's simply the USMC being good neighbors & community partners, though the expediency would be a blessing in any missing person situation!

ONSLOW COUNTY, N.C. -- An overwhelming amount of people turned out to help in the search efforts to find missing 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

The number of people that showed was so great that the Onslow County Sheriff's Office ran out of room for volunteers.

"We will need to cut off the arrival of any additional volunteers for today's search," the Onslow County Sheriff's Office posted on Facebook. "We understand you may be disappointed, but if people continue to show up, it would delay or interfere with the work we are trying to do."
http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/crim...friday-foot-search-for-mariah-woods/496004804

It's good to hear the community cares so much that so many turned out. I don't think I have EVER heard of case where they had too many volunteers and turned people away. Now find Mariah!

It would be different for me because I cannot recover once the flood waters break. I have a rule with my friends that they do not hug me when I am going through a loss. If they do, I will break down and the day will be lost.

I have never found the words to express that to people. It's exactly how I am with the loss of my son and it has become my reaction to anything deeply emotional or troubling. TY for giving me the words to articulate my feelings to others!

I have never found the words to express that to people. It's exactly how I am with the loss of my son and it has become my reaction to anything deeply emotional or troubling. TY for giving me the words to articulate my feelings to others!
Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members