Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all WHOOOOOOOOOP then realized it's another case. I really hope to see this with KW soon.

What a disappointment. Opened the link and went.......oh, never mind.

So thankful your child was ok. I have wondered about this many times as I have no personal experience with a missing child. If this is overstepping and asking too much personal info regarding your experience please just ignore my post.

Was your child missing for hours, police involved, removed from your home while they searched, media asking questions etc. I have always thought I would be hysterical a complete basket case but I do wonder if as hours went by all the activity, people asking the same questions over and over, standing on the sidelines watching but unable to search because police wont let me, along with all the worry would I become numb, would the tears stop, would I appear zoned out simply because of being scared for my child and not having answers or knowing if I would ever see them again. Of course I would want everything done to find my child and would welcome the media attention, the police I just wonder how the physical and emotional toll would affect how others perceive my actions.
The entire towns police force was on it. Had family members,neighbors looking too. I was frantic. Too frantic to cry. More I'll kill anyone who would hurt him. Especially when police said they were checking on known child sex offenders. They did come inside to look through his things for clues. I was involved with them the whole night. No media.
It was all miss communication, about not leaving note about where they would be, and us calling the wrong friends number. My oldest had two friends with the same name.
As soon as we figured that out and got a hold of him we found out he was with him, and safe.
I felt pretty embarrassed afterward,but When you get home from work and a child is missing,and no one knows where he is you freak out.

The problem with this statement is that no one can really respond to it in defense of the non POI parents because we are not allowed to discuss what they may have been arrested for and when because we are not allowed to sleuth them on here. We are usually in sync on our thinking, but I question this post in regards to TOS because it is a discussion we aren't allowed to have, as I understand it. So it leaves us with prejudice against people who cannot be defended or discussed in this manner.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i wasn’t defending the mom or condemning the other parent figures. I just thought it was an interesting piece of case related trivia. The mom could end that streak at anytime if LE files charges. Past history of charges have nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of this horrible event.

JMHO

The entire towns police force was on it. Had family members,neighbors looking too. I was frantic. Too frantic to cry. More I'll kill anyone who would hurt him. Especially when police said they were checking on known child sex offenders. They did come inside to look through his things for clues. I was involved with them the whole night. No media.
It was all miss communication, about not leaving note about where they would be, and us calling the wrong friends number. My oldest had two friends with the same name.
As soon as we figured that out and got a hold of him we found out he was with him, and safe.
I felt pretty embarrassed afterward,but When you get home from work and a child is missing,and no one knows where he is you freak out.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I can't even imagine going thru something like that. Nothing to be embarrassed about you did what a responsible parent would do get everyone and anyone involved to find your child. Reading someones real life experience with the situation does help, we think we know how we would respond but in reality I guess if you haven't lived thru it you really don't know. Thanks again.

Not only $4-$7 thousand retainer,but at least $3 hundred hourly charge for time spent working on a case. In addition to the retainer fee.
So the cards were stacked against him,and Mariah,and her brothers.

O/T There is a father, who has made a FB Page, Justice for Travis, who lives in Webster County, Ky. His young son was beaten, but survived, and he had been trying to get him out of his ex's home, where there was domestic violence. The pictures are just horrible. It's just amazing the little fella survived. That kind of money is just out of reach for many.

These threads become almost useless when overrun with personal tales (and resulting responses). Is there possibly a separate area of the forum for this?

:thinking:

BBM

They may have thought the child was hiding under there.

My niece when she was 6 years old, would walk a block with the other kids carrying her lunch box to catch the school bus. Her mother watched her until she was out of sight up the block. Every thing was completely normal until one day they got a note from school for a parent teacher conference. They found out from the teacher that my niece had not been in school for a week (this was back in the 70's so no alarm went out when she wasn't in school for a week as teachers didn't really report that closely on children back then). They found out from my niece that she had been acting like she got on the bus, but in reality was coming back home and hiding under the front porch every day since she didn't like school.

:laughing: I'm sorry, but hat's hysterical! If I could've pulled it off at that age, I woud've, but Mom didn't work when I was that age! I did pull it off in h.s.! I don't know how many days I ditched. Totally lost count.

These threads become almost useless when overrun with personal tales (and resulting responses). Is there possibly a separate area of the forum for this?

:thinking:

I for one look foward to reading the “personal tales” that put a human face to situations . Most “personal tales” are a way to allow us a different view of the case information we see. It also keeps a thread high in ranking while we have lapses in case information.

JMHO

i would have thought an interview with AW before issuing the Amber Alert would have occurred. Guess not. I cant decide if LE thought it was a true abduction/missing child or just "played" along to continue gathering evidence. Why a search of 750 people on that Friday if LE was thinking a homicide instead of a missing child.

This indicates to me that LE knew about AW based on the way this article is worded. KW may have told them about AW right away but didn't have contact info so they issued amber alert and tracked him down. This doesn't indicate AW contacted LE but instead that LE showed up at his work.

'It said, "3-year-old Mariah Kay Woods' and I was like, what? Wait a minute. I sat there for a minute - I have a daughter named Mariah Kay Woods - that's my daughter. I was like, nah, couldn't be."'
He said he called his fiancee and asked her if she had heard it on the news. He said he found it weird that no one had called him.
Shortly after, he said, police showed up at his work to interview him and he cooperated, giving them all the information he had.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-says-mom-LYING-kidnapping.html#ixzz51EqnX4Tq

i would have thought an interview with AW before issuing the Amber Alert would have occurred. Guess not. I cant decide if LE thought it was a true abduction/missing child or just "played" along to continue gathering evidence. Why a search of 750 people on that Friday if LE was thinking a homicide instead of a missing child.

What if they were wrong, and she was out there in the woods? Alive. Ya still gotta cover all the bases. Just in case.

My .02 is that it's extremely difficult for me to imagine KW knew nothing about how EK was treating her children.
I do not believe she's clueless as to what was going on prior to the death and disappearance of her daughter.
Single wide trailers are pretty confining.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local...rch-for-mariah-woods-now-in-5th-day/495471468
Monday, around 6:30 a.m. - Kristy Woods calls the Onslow County Sheriff's Office to report her 3-year-old daughter, Mariah Kay Woods, is missing. The mom says she last saw her around 11 p.m. Sunday.

Monday, 11:15 a.m. - An Amber Alert was released for Woods, describing her as 2-foot-9 and 30 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

Monday, 1:16 p.m. - Woods' address is verified on Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville

None of this makes sense to me. KW calls 911 around 6:30 and it takes them until 11:15 am to issue an Amber Alert and until 1:15 pm to verify her address. What did they do in the almost 5 hours after KW called 911 and they issued the Amber Alert? They obviously didn't call AW. That would have been one of the FIRST phone calls I would have made if I was KW -yet he didn't even learn about it until after the Amber Alert had been issued.

Here is yet another example of sentencing in a case involving concealment of a child’s death here in NC. The mother was sentenced a few months ago for accessory after the fact, destruction of evidence and concealment charges were dropped as part of a plea deal. She was sentenced to no less than 6 years nor no more than 8 years. The fathers info is in the link below.

warning graphic info.
http://www.wral.com/raleigh-man-pleads-guilty-to-murdering-2-year-old-son/16563235/

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local...rch-for-mariah-woods-now-in-5th-day/495471468
Monday, around 6:30 a.m. - Kristy Woods calls the Onslow County Sheriff's Office to report her 3-year-old daughter, Mariah Kay Woods, is missing. The mom says she last saw her around 11 p.m. Sunday.

Monday, 11:15 a.m. - An Amber Alert was released for Woods, describing her as 2-foot-9 and 30 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

Monday, 1:16 p.m. - Woods' address is verified on Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville

None of this makes sense to me. KW calls 911 around 6:30 and it takes them until 11:15 am to issue an Amber Alert and until 1:15 pm to verify her address. What did they do in the almost 5 hours after KW called 911 and they issued the Amber Alert? They obviously didn't call AW. That would have been one of the FIRST phone calls I would have made if I was KW -yet he didn't even learn about it until after the Amber Alert had been issued.

There is a protocol that LE follows prior to issuing an Amber Alert...

Snip

Children, on the other hand, require quick action by law enforcement.

“With missing kids, you want to err on the side of caution. The agency in charge will immediately put out the age and description of the missing person and begin interviewing people who may have come in contact the subject and perhaps request more help,” Condry said. “Initiating an ‘Amber Alert’ is a complicated process involving the originating agency and several more before it gets broadcasted.”

Woods was reported missing by her mother, Kristy Woods, from her Dawson Cabin Road home on Nov. 27. Her live-in boyfriend, Adolphus Earl Kimrey, was charged with Mariah’s disapperance on Dec. 1 and Mariah’s body was found Dec. 2 in Shelter Creek in Pender County. Kimrey, 32, is charged with disposing of a body that died from unnatural causes, obstruction of justice, second degree burglary, larceny after break-in and possession of stolen property. No one has been charged with her death.

“30 years in law enforcement, I never saw a response like I did with that incident. The sheriff orchestrated one of the most incredible teams of cooperating agencies at such an unseen level,” Condry said.

In the Mariah Woods’ case, Onslow County Emergency Operations Center received a 911 call between 6:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. from the home on Dawson Cabin Road. OCSO deputies responded. Less than three hours later, four volunteer fire departments had conducted a ground search of the nearby properties and woods and an Onslow County drone had conducted an aerial surveillance of the home and adjacent wooded areas. A civilian helicopter from Brunswick and New Hanover counties was circling above sharing airspace with a Marine Cobra helicopter dispatched from New River Air Station. At the same time, an Amber Alert was being disseminated.

Shortly after noon, agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation along with Naval Criminal Investigative Services and Provost Marshals office were huddled at a make-shift command center across the street from the missing girl’s home.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171213/former-leo-das-discuss-handling-missing-people-cases

According to the NC DPS Amber Alert
Step 1 - Local Law Enforcement Investigates
When a parent or caregiver calls local law enforcement to report their missing child, the law enforcement agency must first investigate the case and determine if the criteria warrant a request for an AMBER Alert. According to North Carolina law, an AMBER Alert can only be issued if all of the following criteria are met:

the child is 17 years or younger
the child is believed to have been abducted
the child was not taken by a parent (unless the child is in danger)
the child is not believed to be a runaway or voluntarily missing
the abduction was reported to and investigated by a law enforcement agency.

https://www.ncdps.gov/Our-Organizat...hway-Patrol/Amber-Alert/Amber-Alert-Procedure

But in four hours LE or KW never tried to contact AW?

Four hours later in the investigation, no determination of a homicide, ie, no blood at the scene of the crime or a good cleanup by someone. Evidently nothing stood out to indicate anything other than a missing person. And now I wonder about the sniff dogs....were they sniffing for a live or dead body.

According to the NC DPS Amber Alert

https://www.ncdps.gov/Our-Organizat...hway-Patrol/Amber-Alert/Amber-Alert-Procedure

But in four hours LE or KW never tried to contact AW?

Four hours later in the investigation, no determination of a homicide, ie, no blood at the scene of the crime or a good cleanup by someone. Evidently nothing stood out to indicate anything other than a missing person. And now I wonder about the sniff dogs....were they sniffing for a live or dead body.

I have also wondered about the dogs. And the search UNDER the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16