DNA Solves
DNA Solves

margarita25

Reaction score
Mother waits, worries about the fate of her son

5c1edd9b8bfb4.image.jpg

M. Martin
The Aware Foundation

“Mike is Martin’s 35-year-old son, Michael Dean Martin. He’s been missing since Aug. 18 when he was last seen walking after being dropped off at exit 100 on Interstate 77 in Surry County.“

Snip

“Anyone with information about Michael Martin’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Surry County Sheriff’s Office at 336-401-8900.“

Families Of Loved Ones Who Have Disappeared In Surry County Demanding Answers and Action

bfe7da75-d2b1-4319-8cc0-0ffc49ec1417_360x203.jpg

b06aea44-d9ec-4d5a-8bbd-a13d3fd6ba1d_360x203.jpg

“Michael Martin. Sarah Hill. Jessica Stanley. James Huff. Four people from Surry County that family members say are either missing, or their deaths are being investigated.“

Snip

"Things aren't safe. We're Mayberry, this is Mayberry. We shouldn't have this many missing people," said Amber Thomas, Martin's ex-wife.

These families want a change.

“On Monday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., families of the missing and others gathered at the Surry County Sheriff's Office to demand action and answers.

"It'll put a fire under them to get started to do something. I've not hear from the detective in a month," said Cynthia Martin.“

Sheriff gives update on searches | Mt. Airy News
December 31, 2018

“DOBSON — The disappearance of multiple people from this area sparked a sit-in at the headquarters for the Surry County Sheriff’s Office Monday.

A group called the Aware Foundation, based in Roanoke, Virginia, posted on Facebook Sunday that it was holding a gathering at Starbucks on Rockford Street that afternoon to discuss missing persons.

Those who attended the gathering spoke to a Piedmont TV station and mentioned four names of people either still missing or being investigated after going missing: Michael Martin, Sarah Hill, Jessica Stanley and James Huff.“

Families Of Loved Ones Who Have Disappeared In Surry County Demanding Answers and Action

bfe7da75-d2b1-4319-8cc0-0ffc49ec1417_360x203.jpg

b06aea44-d9ec-4d5a-8bbd-a13d3fd6ba1d_360x203.jpg

“Michael Martin. Sarah Hill. Jessica Stanley. James Huff. Four people from Surry County that family members say are either missing, or their deaths are being investigated.“

Snip

"Things aren't safe. We're Mayberry, this is Mayberry. We shouldn't have this many missing people," said Amber Thomas, Martin's ex-wife.

These families want a change.

“On Monday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., families of the missing and others gathered at the Surry County Sheriff's Office to demand action and answers.

"It'll put a fire under them to get started to do something. I've not hear from the detective in a month," said Cynthia Martin.“
Mayberry is is no longer Mayberry thanks to the increase in opioid and meth use in the rural United States. I live in the middle of Chicago and we've had less break in's on our block than my inlaws have had on their road in a Southern Illinois town of perhaps 400 people. They've had a full-on home invasion by some guy high on meth. If my father hadn't have confronted him with a firearm in hand (at which point the guy took off) there's no telling what might have happened.

MAR 2, 2019
Candlelight vigil shines light on missing | Mt. Airy News
A group of people who call themselves “Missing in Mayberry” held a candlelight vigil here Saturday at sundown to draw awareness to missing loved ones.

[...]

“We want to get law enforcement behind us,” said Cynthia Martin, mother of Michael Martin, who has been missing since Aug. 18. “We want to reach out to people and make them aware of what’s going on. We want to get this out into the community so we can work together and maybe find missing people.”

[...]

Capt. Scott Hudson of the Surry County Sheriff’s Department arrived as the event was breaking up, saying Sheriff Hiatt had a conflict and wasn’t able to attend.

“We don’t release questions about ongoing investigations,” said Hudson. “Some of the families had questions, but with ongoing investigations, we speak directly with families. I spoke to Mrs. Martin.”

Hudson said that in response to complaints from family members about lack of communication from the Sheriff’s Department, “The biggest thing is we have to limit the information we release because it could damage the investigation. We don’t want anything to tarnish the investigation.”

[...]

“The sheriff’s office takes these cases seriously, and all leads are properly vetted and investigated. Anyone who has any information should reach out to us and make us aware of it,” said Hudson.

“Somebody knows something. Somebody saw something,” said Odum to the candlelit crowd. “There are people who are keeping secrets. I wish they knew what it was like to not know, what it was like to lose your daughter or not to know where your son or daughter is for months at a time. We have a common pain. We have a common enemy. We have a common Creator. We’ve got to find Michael and Sarah.”

His family is involved in an upcoming vigil planned for awareness of overdose victims.

SBM....

Other people organizing the event are family members of Michael Martin, who went missing out of Surry County in August.

Michael Dean Martin was reported missing on August 28, 2018. Cynthia Martin, Michael Martin’s mother, told deputies that her son had been missing since August 19, 2018 and that no one, including his employer, had heard from him. Officers determined Martin, who is 35 years old, was dropped off at exit 100 on Interstate 77 at some point in August. Investigators with the sheriff’s office have contacted the U.S. Postal Service as well as local hospitals to make them aware of Michael Martin’s disappearance by providing them a picture of him as well as his height, weight, hair color and eye color (5’5”, 160 lbs., brown hair and blue eyes). Investigators have obtained information that has led investigators to contact the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) to assist with the investigation. Investigators sent a Division of Criminal Information (DCI) message to agencies on the eastern seaboard of the United States to see if a potential “John Doe” had been located with Michael Martin’s features, but they did not receive any positive results. During the investigation, detectives from the Surry County Sheriff’s Office, Dobson Police Department, and a special agent with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation searched several specific areas within Surry County for Michael Marti based on information obtained during the investigation. Interviews into the disappearance of Michael Martin have been conducted as recently as May 23, 2019. This case is still open and pending further investigation. The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is assisting the sheriff’s office with this investigation.

Cynthia Martin is Michael Martin’s mother. She says she hopes the vigil can bring attention to her son’s disappearance. She also says she wants to tell people during the event that she does not believe the sheriff’s office has done enough to find her son.

“I just feel like they’re not doing all they can. They’re not getting these missing people. I don’t understand. I want the sheriff’s department of Surry County to step it up, I really do,” said Cynthia Martin.

“We’ve got to bring awareness. We need the community to get involved.

“He was a good dad. He was a good dad. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know where he’s at, whether he’s alive or dead. But he was there for his kids.

“I want people to just be aware of what’s going on.

“He would love me to do this, he would.

“He’s a family man and he would want me to show his kids that getting involved and helping people would be what he would want.

“I love him and I want him home. I want him home.”

Vigil planned to raise awareness for overdose victims and missing people in Surry County

A man has been charged with murder in Surry County after human remains were found at a home in Lowgap on Saturday.

The Surry County Sheriff's SWAT team along with members of the Mount Airy Police Crisis Management Team and North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation searched a home on the 300 block of Bowtie Lane in Lowgap on Saturday. Detectives found human remains buried on the property during the search which they believe are Michael Dean Martin.

...SBM

The remains have been sent to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for positive identification during an autopsy.

Sheriff's office detectives have arrested 47-year-old Javier Gonzalez Garcia and have charged him with Martin's murder. Garcia is being held in the Surry County Detention Center without bond.

Man charged with murder in Surry County after human remains found at home

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd
Back