Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Look at how people loved her products. This just angers me. She was doing something so healthy and wonderful, while raising her children. Why? Just why?

If he is involved, and it seems likely that it is leaning that way- why? He already had someone else in his life! Why hurt her and her children like this?

New Details

So he moved Moni's furnishings out of the apartment? Evicted for not paying the rent I would imagine. In the journal entries we posted upstream, Moni wrote something about the ex-wife also. Now I need to go back and re-read them. Glad LE got her phone records, now I'm wondering if she played a role in the cover-up.

BBM (snipped for focus)

Yes, I stated several pages back that I felt likely there was a female involved in some of the impersonations of Moni and that I hoped LE was looking into this possibility. Moni’s words something along the lines of the ex-wife “just doing what she’s told to do” (what “he” tells her to do)...haunted me. Also, it seems more likely a scenario to me now after having followed the Kelsey Berreth case.

Some weeks back it was just speculation on my part, so it’s pretty wild to read that in fact, the ex-wife did impersonate Moni to the apartment manager. It seems pretty clear to me, that if one impersonates someone in a situation like this, than one knows there is no one around to say “that wasn’t me who called.”

Angers me beyond belief and breaks my heart. Knowing about one monster in Moni’s life is hard enough...but to know there are likely two players...well, it just makes this all the more tragic. I would say more, but I’ll wait for more details to be formally revealed and verified.

New Details
Moynan’s ex-boyfriend was last seen at the apartment with their two children by the apartment’s management July 23, according to the warrants. When police went to check on Moynan, the apartment was empty and her car was not there, the warrants said.

The apartment’s management said Moynan was in the process of getting evicted for violating her rental agreement, according to the warrants.

His ex-wife admitted calling Moynan’s apartment management from Moynan’s phone pretending to be her, the warrants say. Police applied for a search warrant for the ex-wife’s phone records.
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article235974187.html

So he moved Moni's furnishings out of the apartment? Evicted for not paying the rent I would imagine. In the journal entries we posted upstream, Moni wrote something about the ex-wife also. Now I need to go back and re-read them. Glad LE got her phone records, now I'm wondering if she played a role in the cover-up.

I am not sure but I believe her belongings were still there. It seems the apartment complex was in the process of evicting her but once she became a missing persons investigation, and a patrol car parked out front, they were probably told to leave the apt until further instruction.

I believe in one of her previous blogs, Moni states the ex-wife once told her, after seeing bruises, that’s why she did as he told her to.

Is she just involved in the cover-up???

Did their father just hand over his kids? That is what seems to be left out. One story linked a page or so back reported that Virginia deputies stopped him while driving Monica's vehicle and he told them he was driving it because the car seats were in it. One article implies that the night before Monica's mother and the person managing the apartment complex reported Monica missing that he brought the kids to see Monica's mother. I haven't seen anything explicitly that says where the children are and this guy doesn't seem like the type that would just hand them over and absent a court order there is no other way but perhaps he did do so, but I haven't seen it.

I am a close personal friend of Melanie’s, Monica’s mother. I do not know of court proceedings or how things evolved, just that the girls have been with her and her husband for quite a while and they are doing very well, all things considered.

So many similarities to Kelsey Berreth's case.

My heart goes out to her family and friends. I hope she is found soon- nothing worse for a grieving family to hear this news and have their loved one out there somewhere, waiting to be found.

Thank you! The Berreth/Frazee case is set to begin in a few weeks, but there are many similarities here. Possible he took notes

BBM (snipped for focus)

Yes, I stated several pages back that I felt likely there was a female involved in some of the impersonations of Moni and that I hoped LE was looking into this possibility. Moni’s words something along the lines of the ex-wife “just doing what she’s told to do” (what “he” tells her to do)...haunted me. Also, it seems more likely a scenario to me now after having followed the Kelsey Berreth case.

Some weeks back it was just speculation on my part, so it’s pretty wild to read that in fact, the ex-wife did impersonate Moni to the apartment manager. It seems pretty clear to me, that if one impersonates someone in a situation like this, than one knows there is no one around to say “that wasn’t me who called.”

Angers me beyond belief and breaks my heart. Knowing about one monster in Moni’s life is hard enough...but to know there are likely two players...well, it just makes this all the more tragic. I would say more, but I’ll wait for more details to be formally revealed and verified.

I had kept up with the posts on this thread, and when I saw the News and Observer article, I had to share. Flabbergasted. The Berreth case has been screaming in my head since the new info was released and trickled out this week.

Thank you! The Berreth/Frazee case is set to begin in a few weeks, but there are many similarities here. Possible he took notes
That definitely crossed my mind. But Patrick Frazee certainly wasn’t someone to take notes from. Though I guess I can’t say that with total confidence until he’s actually convicted.

Justice for Moni AND Kelsey

That definitely crossed my mind. But Patrick Frazee certainly wasn’t someone to take notes from. Though I guess I can’t say that with total confidence until he’s actually convicted.

Justice for Moni AND Kelsey

The part that sticks out to me with the Berreth case, is how he texted her phone and had messages or sent them himself from her phone to himself, to make it seem she was still alive. He texted her boss to say she wouldn’t be at work. He had another woman take the phone 800 miles away to ping it off another tower to build his alibi. Those are the key comparisons I see or that seem to be emerging that remind me of Moni’s case.

71881748_10220796620691903_9094301900173475840_n.jpg
upload_2019-10-12_0-19-52.jpeg

I am a close personal friend of Melanie’s, Monica’s mother. I do not know of court proceedings or how things evolved, just that the girls have been with her and her husband for quite a while and they are doing very well, all things considered.
Welcome to WS!
It is always great to have someone around close to family or the case when discussing. However as you may observed, your posts can not stand without a source link as MSM or LE, if you are not yet verified as insider in this case.
Means please follow the process as described on this link and after verification you can post information directly without the need to provide sources
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Up to the process done, you are as other members requested to follow the TOS and your posts will be moderated the same way.

Please join the verification process, it is a great thing having you around and thanks in advance!

Welcome to WS!
It is always great to have someone around close to family or the case when discussing. However as you may observed, your posts can not stand without a source link as MSM or LE, if you are not yet verified as insider in this case.
Means please follow the process as described on this link and after verification you can post information directly without the need to provide sources
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Up to the process done, you are as other members requested to follow the TOS and your posts will be moderated the same way.

Please join the verification process, it is a great thing having you around and thanks in advance!
I sent an email around 4am. Call me anytime.

I am so so sorry. Please tell Melanie I am thinking of her and sending love and strength to her. I can't imagine the devastation she is feeling right now. I pray you all get answers soon and that Moni is found soon.

I am so so sorry. Please tell Melanie I am thinking of her and sending love and strength to her. I can't imagine the devastation she is feeling right now. I pray you all get answers soon and that Moni is found soon.

Thank you and I will let her know. She truly appreciates all the support.

By Gloria Rodriguez
Updated 14 minutes ago
HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Newly unsealed warrants in the disappearance of Holly Springs mom Monica Moynan shed new light on why police believe she is dead.

The warrants -- which were signed and approved in August and first obtained Oct. 14 -- show that investigators found positive pregnancy tests and interviewed a friend of Moynan who confirmed that Moynan believed she was pregnant. Investigators also learned that she made, but failed to keep, an appointment at a women's health clinic in April.

"We believe that Monica being pregnant may have been a factor in the incidents that led up to Monica's death," the newly unsealed warrants read.
Newly unsealed warrants show Holly Springs mom, who is now feared dead, may have been pregnant

Not only Moni, but also her unborn child? Evil, straight up evil!

#justiceforMoni

LOCAL NEWS
Warrants show investigators' focus on boyfriend in disappearance of Holly Springs mom
HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. — Warrants unsealed Monday show that investigators are focusing on a boyfriend in their efforts to find out what happened to a Holly Springs mother missing for more than six months.

Brian Sluss, Moynan's boyfriend was the last to see her alive, according to the warrants, and his actions after her disappearance made him a person of interest. Sluss, according to the warrants, failed to report her missing, lied about her whereabouts and used her social media accounts and phone after she was missing.

Moynan's mother, Melanie Tucker, a friend, and a co-worker at Abbey Road all told police that Sluss had been abusive to Moynan over the course of their relationship. Tucker said her daughter had also gotten a domestic violence protection order against Sluss, but that order expired in May.

Sluss' regular contact with his ex-wife, Jarlyn Sluss, via text phone and Skype over the past six months alow led investigators to search her Garner home. There, they took some soil, a baseball bat and baby items.

Sluss, 48, told police that Moynan had become addicted to heroin and had run off in late June after he tried "home rehab" to break her of the addiction. He said he didn't know how to tell her family about it, so he sent texts to them as if everything was fine with her. But investigators noted in the warrant applications that he had told other people Moynan had been at a drug treatment facility for months.

slussUSE-DMID1-5kfw41p5f-640x360.jpg

Anyone with information about Moynan is asked to call Detective Mitchell Ham of the Holly Springs Police Department at 919-567-4702
Warrants show investigators' focus on boyfriend in disappearance of Holly Springs mom :: WRAL.com

#justiceforMoni

Warrants also indicate police believed the ex-wife of Moynan’s ex-boyfriend might have information relevant to the case because the couple have been in touch throughout the investigation, warrants say.

She pretended to be Moynan while calling Moynan’s property manager. She also told investigators she had a copy of a driver’s license belonging to Moynan, as well as several photos she copied from a laptop given to her by the ex-boyfriend, according to the warrants.

As part of the investigation, police asked her to call and record a phone call with the ex-boyfriend in their presence.

“Like not being mean but I really don’t think like there’s anything,” he said, according to the warrants. “Because there’s no evidence or anything like that so.”

Later in the conversation he asked, “You don’t think I should run?” warrants say.
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article236207223.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back