Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At this point we're past the 48 hour time line and that makes me nervous and sad. I don't want to give up hope for his safe return but admittedly my hope is beginning to dwindle as I read all the reports/ links you all have posted.
It makes me want to get in the car and go to the area and at least hand out water and sandwiches to those volunteering.
Please Raul, come home safe. I am wishing it for ya.
:please:

I would gladly make food and take it to the officers if I lived closer. God Bless them all for working so hard to find darling Raul.

This family is giving me heart burn. I still think the mother should't have custody of her kids. Hearing that there is an older sister- I wonder if that's the child who was sexually abused by the BF. We have no idea how many occupants are in that house.

So they sent divers through the pond, and didn't find him. Then this morning drained the pond, and didn't find him ... after 3 separate K9 units led them to the pond.

Huh. That's certainly good as ponds and kids don't mix well in these cases :/ But what's the next likely scenario?

Press conference at 5 EST

Oh no. I hate this. Never ending.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Thank you, blueboy, for sharing this very helpful timeline and graphics

73cfa97422fce7916e3facf08ef108b3_XL.jpg

UPDATE: Missing Scotland Boy Still Not Found; Updated Timeline and Map of Search Area
Written by Deon Cranford, The Richmond Observer
Friday, 26 January 2018 14:46

Could those be the ‘roadblock’ to draining the pond? Does anyone know if he agreed to have it drained? I find it concerning that the owner wouldn’t want it drained. Since 2 ponds have been mentioned I am not sure which have/haven’t been drained.

“The second is a man-made pond on a farm belonging to Joe Manis, owner of Manis Custom Builders.

Evidence found in area caused searchers to focus on Manis’ pond. Child- sized foot prints were found in the mud around the pond, according to Kersey. Investigators believe the prints had to be fresh because rain that fell in the area on Monday night would have washed away old prints. Three different search dogs led rescuers to the pond as well.

Dive teams from Marlboro and Cumberland counties searched the pond on Wednesday and Thursday, but yielded no results.

The consensus was that the ponds should be drained because the boy’s size could make it easy to miss the body in the murky waters, Kersey said.

Manis was reluctant to allow his pond to be drained. Officials are hopeful that he will change his mind.”

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/13761/fbi-joins-childs-search

I’m not a pond owner but you bet your life I would let them drain it if it meant finding this lil boy!!
Seriously?? I don’t understand why anyone would even need a moment to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caroline Blair‏ @CarolineBNews

Authorities have executed a search warrant & are set to search the pond near where 4 year old Raul Johnson went missing in Scotland County. We spoke with his mom who says she thinks a stranger is involved in his disappearance #AmberAlert

https://twitter.com/CarolineBNews/status/956941817580347392

Thank god for that search warrant!!
Makes me wonder what the pond owner is trying to hide??

Thank god for that search warrant!!
Makes me wonder what the pond owner is trying to hide??

It is so hard to believe anyone would make police get a search warrant.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’m not a pond owner but you bet your life I would let them drain it if it meant finding this lil boy!!
Seriously?? I don’t understand why anyone would even need a moment to think.

I have been wondering about the why the neighbor would be reluctant, too. Does he have livestock and no other way to water them? If so, he must not understand how easy it is for divers to miss a body in the water and is holding onto the idea Raul is not there because they did not find them.

UNless the pond contains, say, a lot of valuable fish, I’m struggling to understand why the owner wouldn’t want it drained, highly suspicious.
How will they drain it? Will they use fire services help?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling
Back