Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Appreciate going off your post, if I may, Auntisemantic.

If Raul was getting away from harm, it stands to reason that if the neighbor saw him, then whomever he was avoiding at home did not follow him out, according to what we know.

So, turned away from the neighbor, it seems possible the last thing he would want to deal with is more people before mom gets home?

He probably kept walking as he didn't want to go home. It's troublesome thinking there may have been someone there he didn't want to be around (for whatever reason).

I am heartbroken this little guy is still missing. I wanted to see "located safe" next to his name.

Let's all double down on prayers since we aren't close enough to help with the search.

Little man, if you are out there....we are looking for you!

What kind of area are they living? I am asking this because i have a hard time believing in a scenario with abduction. Because he went wandering off and then also right on that time someone comes by to kidnap him? I mean ofcourse it could be all bad coincidence but in my opinion he just wandered off and got lost or someone did something to him.

I really hope they find him soon. I have been on to many cases with children lately, so please let there be a good outcome this time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Here's a good view of the area, albeit from a 2008 capture. It looks kinda isolated. You can see how easily Raul could get to the cookie neighbor just by going through the back yards. My link is the satellite view of an earlier map on msm linked upthread so it should be okay.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/546...fbffe3f339ee!2m2!1d-79.489963!2d34.661324!3e2

I've been gone since the presser and I really hoped to come home to see that Raul had been found - one way or another. If he isn't in the pond then I don't know what to think.

Imagine how that poor cookie and candy lady must feel right now. It probably didn't dawn on her that he didn't want to go home. I wonder, did she find his pajamas and no shoes on his feet surprising? Or perhaps he's gone to her home before not dressed for the outside and she didn't think anything of it?

The sand around that pond would've been warm that day. He could sink his feet in it. I don't think he would want to go in the water. Maybe he was there for a while hid out and moved on and into trouble.

Reminds me of little Malik and how much people held out hope and kept searching. Family kept secrets. There too, there was a kind neighbor who got pulled in.

I think it was in the 40's that morning, so the dirt would be cold.

His little feet had to have been so cold walking such a long way & through the elements (if that's in fact what happened). 😞

Here's a good view of the area, albeit from a 2008 capture. It looks kinda isolated. You can see how easily Raul could get to the cookie neighbor just by going through the back yards. My link is the satellite view of an earlier map on msm linked upthread so it should be okay.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/546...fbffe3f339ee!2m2!1d-79.489963!2d34.661324!3e2

I've been gone since the presser and I really hoped to come home to see that Raul had been found - one way or another. If he isn't in the pond then I don't know what to think.

Thank you, MsMarple.

http://abc11.com/fbi-now-heading-search-for-missing-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy/2991181/
11 pm report

[video=youtube;rJZ84aSvmJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZ84aSvmJM[/video]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5318615/FBI-not-ruling-abduction-case-missing-boy-4.html
"Authorities do not currently believe that foul play was involved, based on the interviews they've conducted with Raul's family members, neighbors or information that's come in from the public. "

PC via The Fayetteville Observer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN0dpq8nFSI

http://www.wltx.com/news/nation/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-nc-4-year-old/511963936
No word whether anything was found yet, from 11 pm

http://www.wbtv.com/story/37356936/fbi-now-assisting-in-search-for-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy
From earlier with some details about the search effort in the video

Imagine how that poor cookie and candy lady must feel right now. It probably didn't dawn on her that he didn't want to go home. I wonder, did she find his pajamas and no shoes on his feet surprising? Or perhaps he's gone to her home before not dressed for the outside and she didn't think anything of it?

I know. Poor old lady.
I am kind of thinking it wasn't unusual for him to be running around barefoot & without appropriate clothes for the weather. 😞
It's hard to say, but given what we know, I am guessing, it wasn't out of the ordinary.

Jmo

I know. Poor old lady.
I am kind of thinking it wasn't unusual for him to be running around barefoot & without appropriate clothes for the weather. [emoji20]
It's hard to say, but given what we know, I am guessing, it wasn't out of the ordinary.

Jmo

Honestly, I sincerely doubt they really know if he had shoes on or not. Cookie Neighbor may have seen him barefoot, but he could have gone back and gotten shoes on, or had a pair outside.

I don't think he was watched closely enough by anyone in his own house to really know what he was or wasn't wearing. And if it's true that all 8 children plus mom live there, and possibly Grandpa...that's 9 people who haven't been able to decide if he had a tiger shirt or rocket ship shirt on.

I think it was in the 40's that morning, so the dirt would be cold.

His little feet had to have been so cold walking such a long way & through the elements (if that's in fact what happened). 😞

I think it was posted upthread that it may have been warmer than that locally and midday sun warms up sand which keeps heat.

I didn't know they offered to pay for it.
I should of fleshed that out better. I meant that "if" they offered to pay for the refilling or whatever financial impact it would be to the pond owner-- if that was the issue. I think then it would be awful to not comply.

Honestly, I sincerely doubt they really know if he had shoes on or not. Cookie Neighbor may have seen him barefoot, but he could have gone back and gotten shoes on, or had a pair outside.

I don't think he was watched closely enough by anyone in his own house to really know what he was or wasn't wearing. And if it's true that all 8 children plus mom live there, and possibly Grandpa...that's 9 people who haven't been able to decide if he had a tiger shirt or rocket ship shirt on.

His bottoms had rockets on them, no? I haven't heard any confusion as to his pj's yet.

FBI leading investigation into missing 4-year-old
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20180126/fbi-leading-investigation-into-missing-4-year-old
By Monica Vendituoli
Jan 26 18 @ 8:32 pm

[a neighbor]
"...said Raul is a happy boy who always has a smile on his face.

“He’s a good little boy,”...

Raul’s uncle, Moe Johnson, said Raul is friendly and likes to play outside.

“He has lots of friends,”

“Whenever you do an operation like that, you want to make sure that you are working with the landowners,” Kaplan said. “There’s a lot of technical equipment that needs to be used.”

~

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/13780/search-for-child-turns-to-nearby-bodies-of-water

"Throughout the day Friday, investigators reexamined evidence for anything they may have overlooked in the early stages if the inquiry. Detectives also re-interviewed witnesses and family members. NC Highway Patrol conducted road block canvases in the area hoping to garner new clues or information that might lead them to the child.
“We’ve deployed assets from all over North Carolina and from the FBI headquarters to include our Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team,” Kaplan said. “The CARD team is a group of highly trained and experienced subject matter experts in cases involving missing children.”

The agency has also added a missing poster to its website FBI.gov."

with details about the pond issue too

I also question his height/weight and whether that is accurate or not.
He looks quite healthy and proportionate to me.
A height of 36 inches at 4 years would be off the charts SHORT and a weight of 47 pounds would be off the charts HEAVY.
Regardless of whether he's newly 4 or almost 5, putting the two together he would be quite husky.

So I'm guessing that's incorrect as well.
He's likely taller and/or weighs less than is being reported.
Not that it's an uncommon issue with missing kids.
It just bugs me since my kids tend to be at the very low end of growth charts. So I always know exactly how tall/heavy they are.

I've thought it might be good to toss out "he wears a size 4T" to help gauge size as well.
My son is 31 months old, wearing a 2T. My best friend's son is 26 months old and wearing a 4T.
This would be another way to describe the child and make him easier to notice.
Probably asking a little too much of most people who's kids go missing I guess. :tantrum:

I’ve not posted so far but have been following this thread and my heart aches for little Raul. I woke up this morning (UK time) hoping I would read good news.

I do have thoughts on the barefoot issue- my little boy is 4 and would happily never wear shoes, indoor or out, if I let him. He doesn’t ever seem to feel the cold either, sometimes 4 year olds have their own internal heating system that defies all weathers.

I’ve not posted so far but have been following this thread and my heart aches for little Raul. I woke up this morning (UK time) hoping I would read good news.

I do have thoughts on the barefoot issue- my little boy is 4 and would happily never wear shoes, indoor or out, if I let him. He doesn’t ever seem to feel the cold either, sometimes 4 year olds have their own internal heating system that defies all weathers.

Thank you for checking for news of Raul and sharing your kind thoughts. It's good to know that the search continues for Little Raul. I appreciate that your post, especially since I agree completely with your experience with kids seeming impervious to cold.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/raul-gonzalez

Forgive me if this has already been asked/answered, but do we know if Raul was taught how to swim?

Most little ones who have not learned by 4 are terrified of a large body of water. Particularly when they are alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I think it's obvious what has happened to this little guy. And who is involved. We just need to find him.

Honestly I think it's obvious what has happened to this little guy. And who is involved. We just need to find him.

I don't find it obvious, could you explain it to us that haven't worked it out please?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lish311
Back