Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can’t stop thinking about little Raul :( praying they find him soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also question his height/weight and whether that is accurate or not.
He looks quite healthy and proportionate to me.
A height of 36 inches at 4 years would be off the charts SHORT and a weight of 47 pounds would be off the charts HEAVY.
Regardless of whether he's newly 4 or almost 5, putting the two together he would be quite husky.

So I'm guessing that's incorrect as well.
He's likely taller and/or weighs less than is being reported.
Not that it's an uncommon issue with missing kids.
It just bugs me since my kids tend to be at the very low end of growth charts. So I always know exactly how tall/heavy they are.

I've thought it might be good to toss out "he wears a size 4T" to help gauge size as well.
My son is 31 months old, wearing a 2T. My best friend's son is 26 months old and wearing a 4T.
This would be another way to describe the child and make him easier to notice.
Probably asking a little too much of most people who's kids go missing I guess. :tantrum:

He apparently weighs about 38 lbs & stands 3' (36").

Sorry if I missed it, but do we have an address or map for the barn location?

I thought perhaps fish or wildlife/livestock too...but I personally feel the life of a child is a bit more important than fish. Call me cruel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it is a recovery at this point, not about saving a life, sadly.

My uncle has a very large pond on his property. It is stocked full of fish, with which he feeds his family and barters with neighbors for.

And he uses the pond for irrigating his crops and his livestock. If someone suddenly drained his pond, it would be a very large financial setback for him and his family.

He would probably allow it to be drained but I do know it would have a large impact upon him financially.

Children have different internal time clocks from adults, they lose focus and get bored a lot quicker. Five minutes might feel like an eternity.

What I'm trying to think of is what route would Raul have taken, what was he seeing and thinking every step of the route? Did he see a dog or a cat and start following it and then get lost? Was he trying to make it to a relative's house but didn't really know how far away it was and just went walking hoping he'd find the right house? Does he have friends his own age who live within walking distance that he might have tried to go to to play with if he'd fallen out with his sister?

I looked on the map to try to gauge the likelihood of a stranger abduction. The roads don't look conducive to that, not in the sense of someone driving from A to C via B and seeing a small child wandering alone in pyjamas and just "hey kid, want a ride?"

Just because (someone said in the thread earlier) there's no local RSO's listed doesn't mean there's no chance of a first-time offender or someone who hasn't yet been caught. Was there someone in the area knocking on doors and trying to sell something?

This isn't a story of someone getting up in the morning and their child being missing. This one has a child seen in the morning, and then seen by a neighbor as the last confirmed sighting, so that makes a difference compared to cases like Mariah Woods.

I agree with the poster on here who said that abduction currently seems like the best hope of a reasonable outcome at this point. I can't see how a 4-yr old can make it out there on his own. I also agree that the neighbor must be feeling very bad, and I feel bad for the mother if it turns out that the last thing her little boy said was "don't go to work, mama.."

Children have different internal time clocks from adults, they lose focus and get bored a lot quicker. Five minutes might feel like an eternity.

What I'm trying to think of is what route would Raul have taken, what was he seeing and thinking every step of the route? Did he see a dog or a cat and start following it and then get lost? Was he trying to make it to a relative's house but didn't really know how far away it was and just went walking hoping he'd find the right house? Does he have friends his own age who live within walking distance that he might have tried to go to to play with if he'd fallen out with his sister?

I looked on the map to try to gauge the likelihood of a stranger abduction. The roads don't look conducive to that, not in the sense of someone driving from A to C via B and seeing a small child wandering alone in pyjamas and just "hey kid, want a ride?"

Just because (someone said in the thread earlier) there's no local RSO's listed doesn't mean there's no chance of a first-time offender or someone who hasn't yet been caught. Was there someone in the area knocking on doors and trying to sell something?

This isn't a story of someone getting up in the morning and their child being missing. This one has a child seen in the morning, and then seen by a neighbor as the last confirmed sighting, so that makes a difference compared to cases like Mariah Woods.

I agree with the poster on here who said that abduction currently seems like the best hope of a reasonable outcome at this point. I can't see how a 4-yr old can make it out there on his own. I also agree that the neighbor must be feeling very bad, and I feel bad for the mother if it turns out that the last thing her little boy said was "don't go to work, mama.."

Jessica Lunsford’s abductor/rapist/murderer lived 100 yards away from her home. Abductors don’t need to take a child far. He kept her in his room for 3 days before killing her. Reportedly the 2 other adult living there were unaware. A car isn’t needed in this scenario.

Reminding me of our local sweet baby that vanished, Myra Lewis. I pray that this turns out differently. I pray that all of these sweet babies make it home!

Checking in.....hoping today will be the day he is found.

I checked in late last night. Sad to see he has not been found. Thank you for all the updates. Too many to thank.

Just because (someone said in the thread earlier) there's no local RSO's listed doesn't mean there's no chance of a first-time offender or someone who hasn't yet been caught.

There are RSOs in the area. Of the closest 4 that pop up on family watchdog website, most are on SC side (this boys house sits less than half a mile from the SC/NC border) but the closest one (1 mile) is on NC side if I remember correctly. There are none right in that little neighborhood/trailer park of Raul's, but there ARE some in the area. Tons if you search further out from the house.

His sister has done live IG posts, have they been linked here?

“Bowen believes he was kidnaped because she was on her way home Wednesday around the same time Raul went missing.

“If he hadn’t have been picked up or in a wooded area, that I would have seen him and I did not see him anywhere,” said Bowen.

Since then Bowen and her neighbors have been searching for Raul.

“It’s just very heartbreaking and devastating to think about… it’s been so cold the last few nights,” said Bowen.

News 13 Crews were there as the four-year-old's uncle was patted down by police; however we do not know why. “

http://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regi...s-for-missing-scotland-county-child/941390185

None of this sounds good. I was praying for a positive update today.

I'm really worried about this little one. Realistically could he still be alive out there now if its just that he has wandered off and is lost. I'm not sure now. I can't find a clear update on if they have drained the pond. The last I seen the man had put up no trespassing signs up on his land and LE wasn't looking to get a search warrant yet.
Has anyone else seen anything?
http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/13780/search-for-child-turns-to-nearby-bodies-of-water

Has anyone seen an ariel shot of the pond? I'm wondering if there are high banks suggesting he may have fallen in?

I'm really worried about this little one. Realistically could he still be alive out there now if its just that he has wandered off and is lost. I'm not sure now. I can't find a clear update on if they have drained the pond. The last I seen the man had put up no trespassing signs up on his land and LE wasn't looking to get a search warrant yet.
Has anyone else seen anything?
http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/13780/search-for-child-turns-to-nearby-bodies-of-water

I have read so many conflicting reports about that pond. I know there were 2 and I believe one was reported drained. I have also read conflicting reports about the search warrants.

If this little guy were still alive, he has spent 3 nights out in the cold with little jammies on and little else. Without food, without water. How can a little 4 year old survive that?

There is almost a part of me who hopes someone has him so he's not out in the elements alone, but then God knows what other horrors he could be facing if someone nefarious has him? This is a lose-lose situation. Unless by some miracle, he found a safe warm place to hide out, with straw to keep warm, berries nearby to eat and a water source not big enough to fall into but enough to drink.

I'm rambling. Chemo brain is probably kicking in and just a disclaimer, auto correct hijacks my posts all the time and I don't always catch the bad corrections.

I have read so many conflicting reports about that pond. I know there were 2 and I believe one was reported drained. I have also read conflicting reports about the search warrants.
Yes I can't find a report that is not conflicting. Every report has something slightly different in it. I think I will only believe info from a press report from LE at this point concerning that pond.

It just infuriates me that he is blocking the search for this baby! I get it that MAYBE there's fish to feed his family or whatever but come on fgs! Ordering LE off your property? When a child's scent led straight to the spot? I hope those warrants are being expedited, this reeks of hinky!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling
Back