Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But it is a recovery at this point, not about saving a life, sadly.

My uncle has a very large pond on his property. It is stocked full of fish, with which he feeds his family and barters with neighbors for.

And he uses the pond for irrigating his crops and his livestock. If someone suddenly drained his pond, it would be a very large financial setback for him and his family.

He would probably allow it to be drained but I do know it would have a large impact upon him financially.

Sorry if I'm replying late but I worked 12 hours yesterday and am just getting caught up. While I agree that it would be a huge financial difficulty for the owner, (without being too graphic) there are health risks to be considered when consuming the fish and crops that were being irrigated. For me anyway, I would want to make sure there was no body in the pond that I'm using to feed my family.

ETA: Also, if it were me I wouldn't be able to sleep at night not knowing if this little one was in my pond. I wouldn't want to hinder the investigation in any way.

This is horrible. I can't imagine how awful the Grandpa is feeling right now!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article197019459.html
By Aaron Moody
an 1 hr ago

[The investigation has the]

...cooperation of [the] landowner whose pond they want to drain in the search for a 4-year-old boy who has been missing for three days.

It was previously unclear if crews had already started draining the pond near the missing boy’s home in Laurinburg. Scotland County Sheriff Ralph E. Kersey expressed interest in the process Thursday evening.

A Saturday morning update from the FBI offered more clarity: “Crews will also begin to drain a pond nearby to ensure every possibility has been covered.”

“As we have stressed many times, draining a pond is not a quick process and takes a lot of coordination,” said FBI-Charlotte spokeswoman Shelley Lynch. “We greatly appreciate the landowner’s cooperation.”

http://wlos.com/news/local/pond-being-drained-as-search-for-scotland-county-boy-continues-01-27-2018

The FBI confirms a pond is in the process of being drained
According to Lynch, approximately 150 people will continue looking for Raul around his home.

Yep! Someone mentioned earlier that if Raul was out and about a lot then there will be multiple scent trails which the dogs could pick up and that's why there's different locations. Separate dogs on different searches both lost his scent at the barn. But would a 4yo be able to walk 3 miles by himself, this day or any previous day?

Even though they said they found no evidence of foul play there except for 'a disturbance in the pine needles', I think somethings up with that barn, IMO.

:thinking:
Yes, the barn. A mystery that may or may not matter to this case.

Could it be that something happened in the barn (as many of us are thinking) -- either something intentionally bad or just a horrible accident -- and then "whoever" panicked (or didn't) and took him to the pond? Just because we have been told nothing much about the barn, doesn't mean that LE saw /or know nothing about it as well. A bit bothersome.
Please let him be in a safe place. SMH

This is horrible. I can't imagine how awful the Grandpa is feeling right now!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Survivors guilt can kill you. That along with all the other stress factors in this family, is explosive!

So does the uncle live there? I wonder who else lives in the house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I asked the same question Thursday after reading an article where he was mentioned. I believe this is the same man:

Raul’s Uncle, Jamie Johnson, says he was only gone about five minutes before they started looking for him.

“We’ve been all through the woods. All under the trailer… everywhere looking for him,” said Johnson.

Johnson says he believes someone took the little boy.

“This is not a really big area, for a four or five-year-old to just roam the streets to go out. Someone would have seen him,” said Johnson.

Johnson also wants people to stop saying negative things through social media.

“You never think this will happen to you until it does. I really feel like somebody got him. I hope whoever has him keeps him safe and brings him back,” said Johnson.

http://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regi...-for-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy/937456744

Just tweeted - press conference coming up??

@KellyEKennedyTV
4m4 minutes ago
More
We're here at the Laurinburg Courthouse waiting for a press conference on the missing Scotland County boy. We will be live streaming the press conference on our website and our @WNCN app. I will also be tweeting throughout.

https://twitter.com/WNCN

Just tweeted - press conference coming up??

@KellyEKennedyTV
4m4 minutes ago
More
We're here at the Laurinburg Courthouse waiting for a press conference on the missing Scotland County boy. We will be live streaming the press conference on our website and our @WNCN app. I will also be tweeting throughout.

https://twitter.com/WNCN

I believe an earlier article stated there would be a press update at 3:00 pm

Someone in the background said the press conference is delayed until further notice.

Kelly Kennedy
‏

@KellyEKennedyTV
29s30 seconds ago
More
BREAKING: The FBI announced that they found a body they believe is 4-year-old Raul Gonzalez Johnson in a pond off Peabridge Road. The 3:00 pm press conference is delayed until further notice. @WNCN

https://twitter.com/KellyEKennedyTV

Anybody else not able to download anvato player to watch live stream? Any other links for different stations? TIA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ETA nevermind. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling