Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They need to check in creeks, ponds etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting page not found on both links^

Water in the 5 mile zone.
e4f20000aa5407f9cea4943f05cce2b3.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I couldn't find any criminal records or court dates for the mother. It is possible that the charges against her were dropped.

The area he went missing is rural with a mix of farms, small groups of homes, and woods. There are many small ponds that don't usually show up on the maps.

A lot of people have horses in that area. I'm hoping he found a barn or shed with some nice warm hay to curl up in.

Scotland county Sheriff page of mother's arrest in Sept. Mother says in comments that charges were dropped.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1663390023713943&id=892606400792313&_rdr

That makes me feel a little better.

I'm guessing her boyfriend was abusing her kid and she was initially thought to know it was going on. Then after further investigation they realized that she was not aware of what was going on and dropped the charges. I do think they should have also removed the facebook post if that is the case though.

“He is not the type of child to just walk off the property and walk four miles down the road where our dogs hit,” said Detective Sgt. Jessica Sadovnikov with the Scotland Ccounty Sheriff’s Office.

K-9 officers, one from Scotland County and one from Richmond County, were used to track the boy’s scent ,which according to Sadovnikov, led from the home three miles down the road, then a quarter mile to a barn in the woods. During separate tracks, the dogs lost the boy’s scent at the barn.

“We’ve searched the barn and haven’t found any indication of foul play. We saw some disturbance in the pine needles, but we can’t find him,” Sadovnikov said.

Raul and his six-year-old sister were being watched by their grandfather while their mother, Annie Johnson, was at work.

Sadovnikov, who has dealt with the family multiple times, said Raul has been known to wonder the family’s property, which has several trailers, sheds and a chicken coop on it but emphasized he has never left the property before.

K-9 officers, one from Scotland County and one from Richmond County, were used to track the boy’s scent ,which according to Sadovnikov, led from the home three miles down the road, then a quarter mile to a barn in the woods. During separate tracks, the dogs lost the boy’s scent at the barn.

“We’ve searched the barn and haven’t found any indication of foul play. We saw some disturbance in the pine needles, but we can’t find him,” Sadovnikov said.

Raul and his six-year-old sister were being watched by their grandfather while their mother, Annie Johnson, was at work.

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/t...rities-search-for-missing-scotland-county-boy

BBM

What does that mean? The detective has 'dealt with the family multiple times.' [ OK, just catching up here...saw the arrests and the charges dropped for mom. ----but still concerning...]

Scotland County Sheriff Ralph Kersey said dive teams were searching two ponds Wednesday night for the child.

Several people are helping deputies search the area and a command post has been set up near Chapel Bridge Church Road.

Kersey said they have two command posts set up at Good News Chapel and Stewartsville Fire Station. Nearly 300 volunteers and first responders are helping in the search.

Kersey said they'll be there for the long haul until 4-year-old is found that it's his prayer that the little boy is found safe and okay.

The N.C. Highway Patrol helicopter is helping in the search.

http://wpde.com/news/local/deputies-searching-for-missing-4-year-old-in-scotland-county

A command post has been set up at Good News Chapel at Pea Bridge Road in Laurinburg. A mobile command center will be parked in front of the church to help orchestrate the search teams from area law enforcement, search and rescue and fire departments.

North Carolina Highway State Patrol and the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office brought in helicopters and the Moore County Sheriff’s Office sent deputies and a drone to aid search efforts.

If you have any information on the child’s whereabouts or if you’ve seen him, you’re asked to immediately call 911 or Sadovnikov at 910-551-8736.

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/t...rities-search-for-missing-scotland-county-boy

This is not good....I just hope and pray he is found safe. I just don’t have a good feeling about it though. The scent in the barn 3 miles away is very alarming. Even if it was from an unrelated event, it doesn’t sound good.
I found Mom’s FB page- won’t link it, but she did comment on her own article from her September arrest. Leaving me to believe she was released, however the article stated it was an ongoing investigation. So seeing her bail was $500,000 she could’ve posted. His was over a million and he’s being detained by ICE, so explains that.
I’m presuming the Mom is innocent but I’m also wondering if the children were placed in her parents care while the investigation went on? And being it’s a rural area, she was able to still see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hinky meter is going off a bit with this one.

The area he went missing is rural with a mix of farms, small groups of homes, and woods. There are many small ponds that don't usually show up on the maps.

A lot of people have horses in that area. I'm hoping he found a barn or shed with some nice warm hay to curl up in.

Oh geeze, this brings back memories of the Noah Chamberlain case. I hope that this poor darling is ok.

This really makes me angry! Someone saw a little boy walking by himself, but neglected to stop to see what was going on and call 911?
And of course, wait with him to keep him safe until police arrived?!
People are so stupid. 😡
"He was last seen on Village Drive traveling on foot toward Crestline Road in Laurinburg, N.C., according to the release on the North Carolina Department of Public Safety's website."

http://wpde.com/news/local/deputies-searching-for-missing-4-year-old-in-scotland-county

Why would Grandpa let a 4 yr old play outside, on a farm, without any shoes on? Was this boy even being supervised at all?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lish311
Back