NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks carbuff! I leave my phone on at night just so I can be contacted in case of emergency. I've got family everywhere including my adult sons who may be out at night and I would want to know right away if anything (like a car accident, etc) happened. I don't have the type of friends or Family that would call me in the middle of the night if it were not an emergency so I haven't been bothered by frivolous calls while I'm sleeping.

Thanks carbuff! I leave my phone on at night just so I can be contacted in case of emergency. I've got family everywhere including my adult sons who may be out at night and I would want to know right away if anything (like a car accident, etc) happened. I don't have the type of friends or Family that would call me in the middle of the night if it were not an emergency so I haven't been bothered by frivolous calls while I'm sleeping.

It's not calls so much as notifications from my email etc. that come overnight :) I could turn them off and back on, I suppose, but it seems easier to just close the phone down. Spouse has his on for emergency calls.

Where is the DA in all this? Granted, I'm very new to sleuthing, but I've already seen cases where the DA commented on the veracity of the evidence. This did not necessarily entail revealing the evidence, just discussing the progress on the case. It would be reassuring to me, yes, but also I believe to the community if the DA would address this case.

On July 4 Sara will have been missing for five months with so little recent comment concerning the case it's as if it never happened. Cases like this generate tremendous gossip within the county. It is part of the responsibility of the elected officials to reassure the public concerning this type of event. If the sheriff can't do it maybe the DA can.

Where is the DA in all this? Granted, I'm very new to sleuthing, but I've already seen cases where the DA commented on the veracity of the evidence. This did not necessarily entail revealing the evidence, just discussing the progress on the case. It would be reassuring to me, yes, but also I believe to the community if the DA would address this case address this case.

On July 4 Sarah will have been missing for five months with so little recent comment concerning the case it's as if it never happened. Cases like this generate tremendous gossip within the county. It is part of the responsibility of the elected officials to reassure the public concerning this type of event. If the sheriff can't do it maybe the DA can.

JMO, but it seems to me that Sara would be considered "one of their own" as a member of her father's immediate family. I would think they would be beating the bushes til they find Sara.

JMO, but it seems to me that Sara would be considered "one of their own" as a member of her father's immediate family. I would think they would be beating the bushes til they find Sara.

I think initially, if I recall correctly, the RCSD called in the Fayetteville LE and ATF to help with the searches. That went on for a few weeks then nothing, command center taken down and no more searches (at least that we are aware of). Then *boom* FBI shows up in early March and all is quiet. I hope they don't give up on her, I hope her father is doing all he can to push for her safe return or discovery.

Where is the DA in all this? Granted, I'm very new to sleuthing, but I've already seen cases where the DA commented on the veracity of the evidence. This did not necessarily entail revealing the evidence, just discussing the progress on the case. It would be reassuring to me, yes, but also I believe to the community if the DA would address this case.

On July 4 Sara will have been missing for five months with so little recent comment concerning the case it's as if it never happened. Cases like this generate tremendous gossip within the county. It is part of the responsibility of the elected officials to reassure the public concerning this type of event. If the sheriff can't do it maybe the DA can.

I'm local and I am not hearing anything about Sara - no gossip, no family pleas for help, no news...like everybody has just forgotten.

The bottom line is that Sara is reported by a family member as last seen leaving her home at approximately 6:30 am, in a van, wearing a Walmart vest.

Her last phone ping was in the opposite direction she should have been traveling but we do not know what time (I was assuming it was that morning), and the van was later found in an odd location opposite the phone ping direction, yet also not in the direction she would have been traveling. The van was wiped clean, therefore leading us to believe that a professional knew how to hide evidence if a crime.

No one said electronics were off over night, nor does it say they were wiped. They just didn't hold any clues to finding Sara, or a motive to her disappearance.

Knowing the time of the last phone ping is relevant to determine the ruse, but I don't know if it can necessariy help us find Sara. But maybe and here's why. Sara's phone is most likely with Sara. If the perp who disappeared her made a small mistake, knowing that ping time could be quite relevant to knowing what time she was disappeared and the direction she was placed.

The perp in this case having done such great job of cleaning their tracks, as you say Gigtu, they may know especially well where Sara would be impossible to find, if Sara came to harm. It was a cold morning, Sara only had a vest on, it was reported. Is there a coat or jacket of her's missing too? There were said to be no signs of her wanting to take off.

I'm local and I am not hearing anything about Sara - no gossip, no family pleas for help, no news...like everybody has just forgotten.

I'm pretty sure her mom and family out West haven't forgotten a thing, and they're prayers and longing for Sara's safety continue, though the FBI lead investigation may be very tight-lipped due to the people they are looking at? I would think at this point there would be no reason to assume otherwise. Let's hope evidence of where she may be is soon found as many people still wait for news of her.

The bottom line is that Sara is reported by a family member as last seen leaving her home at approximately 6:30 am, in a van, wearing a Walmart vest.

Her last phone ping was in the opposite direction she should have been traveling but we do not know what time (I was assuming it was that morning), and the van was later found in an odd location opposite the phone ping direction, yet also not in the direction she would have been traveling. The van was wiped clean, therefore leading us to believe that a professional knew how to hide evidence if a crime.

No one said electronics were off over night, nor does it say they were wiped. They just didn't hold any clues to finding Sara, or a motive to her disappearance.

Knowing the time of the last phone ping is relevant to determine the ruse, but I don't know if it can necessariy help us find Sara. But maybe and here's why. Sara's phone is most likely with Sara. If the perp who disappeared her made a small mistake, knowing that ping time could be quite relevant to knowing what time she was disappeared and the direction she was placed.

I don't think they said the van was wiped, either. It was the same as the electronics, nothing useful, wasn't it?

I don't think they said the van was wiped, either. It was the same as the electronics, nothing useful, wasn't it?

That's how I remember it. If I'm not mistaken they said it looked like the car was just parked, locked, and left. No signs of anything weird. I wonder what fingerprints were lifted from the steeering wheel etc.? Not that I have heard of them doing that but I would hope it would have been done.

So how did she disappear?

Abduction from stranger?
Abduction from someone close?
A runaway situation?

What are the majority of you thinking?

IMO One interesting thing about the electronics that we haven't considered is what electronics did Sara have? On the issue of phone calls, she could've used her computer, a notebook maybe to talk with her friend at night. She could've had a notebook in addition to a laptop or desktop. It would be easy to take a notebook and most of your information on there. All that's been said as I remember is they didn't find much information.

We are dealing with incomplete information here. MOO

That's how I remember it. If I'm not mistaken they said it looked like the car was just parked, locked, and left. No signs of anything weird. I wonder what fingerprints were lifted from the steeering wheel etc.? Not that I have heard of them doing that but I would hope it would have been done.

Abduction from stranger?
A runaway situation?

Considering her stepmom's disposition, off the force, etc... and the interest in her which may have been mentioned, IIRC, as being the last person reportedly to have seen Sara that morning, while her dad is still on the force and seems to have been separated from the stepmom, then I would say it will be a miracle to have any information released by LE, to corroborate any more of where suspicion may be focused, it seems to me.

I'm inclined to agree with FindHG's assessment of the situation.

I also won't be surprised if it turns out they're waiting for lab results of some kind. That can take months and there's nothing to do but wait.

This is strictly opinion. I think if one ping occurred at the remote location it doesn't tell us much of anything and might even be more consistent with Sara leaving. Multiple pings seems much more significant and perhaps consistent with foul play yet once again we do not know all the information. How many pings?

I'm inclined to agree with FindHG's assessment of the situation.

I also won't be surprised if it turns out they're waiting for lab results of some kind. That can take months and there's nothing to do but wait.
You may be right but I can't think of what lab results would take so long. My frustration is what comes from not knowing much about what I'm doing. :)

Abduction from stranger?
A runaway situation?

Abduction OR Murder by someone close? sm maybe

Abduction from stranger?
A runaway situation?

Abduction OR Murder by someone close? sm maybe

You may be right but I can't think of what lab results would take so long. My frustration is what comes from not knowing much about what I'm doing. :)

Well, one thing that comes to mind is possible testing of substances in the van. They said there was nothing obvious, but that doesn't eliminate more subtle information.

It could be taking them this long to get the cell phone information. Sometimes the phone companies are slow to respond to subpoenas. And then after they get the info, it can take a while to go through it and figure out what it actually says.

I'm just speculating on the kinds of things they might be looking at. No idea whether that's really it or not.

The perp in this case having done such great job of cleaning their tracks, as you say Gigtu, they may know especially well where Sara would be impossible to find, if Sara came to harm. It was a cold morning, Sara only had a vest on, it was reported. Is there a coat or jacket of her's missing too? There were said to be no signs of her wanting to take off.
So, if you were looking for her under these circumstances, wouldn't you begin looking in the most "unlikely" places, as well as the most remote?

I think that eventually that walmart vest will surface. And if it does, I say look everywhere but where you found it, because I bet it won't be anywhere near Sara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii