NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If anyone has twitter and is comfortable doing so - a thank you note to the reporters that are tweeting for us would be nice.

I just would like them to know that we are following and very interested in everything they can and will tell us.

Salem

Fay observer reporter

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 32m
DefendantMario McNeill appears relaxed in courtroom after decision not to plead guilty with life imprisonment inShania Davis case.

Breaking News: Mario Andretti McNeill maintained his innocence Tuesday and rejected a plea deal in the capital murder case of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl. Prosecutors say McNeill raped, kidnapped and murdered Shaniya Davis in 2009. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

That shows how smart he is huh?

McNeill's attorneys also said McNeill agrees to four statements of fact claimed by the prosecution. They said McNeill acknowledges that: (1.) he was at the Sleepy Hallow trailer park off Murchison Road where Shaniya lived with her mother, (2.) he left with Shaniya, (3.) he went with Shaniya to a hotel in Sanford, (4.) he left the hotel with Shaniya.

http://www.wnct.com/story/21898551/searcher-recalls-day-he-helped-find-nc-girls-body

Interesting. Wonder what his story is on how she ended up dead in a ditch raped and murdered.

Right! You know if he handed her off to someone else, he would have already spilled it by now. I'm fairly close to this area, and I have to say, I haven't seen or heard one person cut him or the mother any slack. They want them both hung.

I'm curious as to why he went to that motel? Was there someone else waiting there for him to bring the child to? Why go to the motel?

This has always puzzled me as well.

I am thinking maybe wherever he lived there would be people present and therefore that wasn't an option? Best I could come up with.

It just seems odd t me to rent a motel room to rape and murder a small child. Very odd and damning choice on his part.

The only thing I can imagine him saying is that he took her back home, alive, and that her family must have killed and dumped her. With the photos, what else could he say?

Right! You know if he handed her off to someone else, he would have already spilled it by now. I'm fairly close to this area, and I have to say, I haven't seen or heard one person cut him or the mother any slack. They want them both hung.

I'm in Johnson County, not too far from Sanford too Rob. I think both McNeil and the mother should fry. I remember when those shots of him carrying her into the motel surfaced on the news. But I just can't figure out why he took her to a hotel/motel in Sanford? Why not Fayetteville? And why take her into a motel to begin with? It seems there is more to this story that we still don't know? Maybe it's just me, but I can't figure out why he'd take the chance on being caught on video with her. And who paid mom's bail? If that was reported, I've forgotten? Anybody know how mom got bail to begin with?

Not to mention he is on tape leaving the hotel with her and has admitted he left with her.

I was upset last night when I heard that they offered the perp a deal.

I was thrilled the morning when I read he didn't take it.

This case horrified and upset me then. I have the same exact feelings now.

I think I'm the minority on this...but I'm slightly disappointed that he didn't take the deal. I don't think anyone, including MM thinks he's going to off. He admitted to taking her, was seen on VIDEO and described to LE where to find her body. The DP unfortunately in this day and age isn't what it was designed for. Its the same as LWP only the convicted gets to live alone (away from general pop) and given more rights and privelages (as a dying man) than the rest of the prison population. I would have prefered to see him spend the rest of his life having to watch his back every minute of every day. Plus...this trial is going to be unbearably (sp) brutal on her family.

I think I'm the minority on this...but I'm slightly disappointed that he didn't take the deal. I don't think anyone, including MM thinks he's going to off. He admitted to taking her, was seen on VIDEO and described to LE where to find her body. The DP unfortunately in this day and age isn't what it was designed for. Its the same as LWP only the convicted gets to live alone (away from general pop) and given more rights and privelages (as a dying man) than the rest of the prison population. I would have prefered to see him spend the rest of his life having to watch his back every minute of every day. Plus...this trial is going to be unbearably (sp) brutal on her family.

North Carolina has a new Republican governor, and republicans control both the state senate & house. I saw something just the other night about lifting the moratorium on the death penalty in this state & rescinding the ban against medical personnel carrying it out. I have no doubt, with this governor & congress, the death chamber will be up and running in the not too distant future IMO.

My opinion, here it goes....I'm glad, I think the whole world needs to hear the awful details, She had to live it, poor little angel, I don't care how hard it is on anyone, and I want people to remember, I want parents to worry about their children, I want people to think twice about letting their kids go to an unsafe place .......and I am not pro DP, but I want to see the 2 evil ones .....Fry (how I wish they were in Texas) I would love a little General pop action, and some prison justice too! (one can only hope)

North Carolina has a new Republican governor, and republicans control both the state senate & house. I saw something just the other night about lifting the moratorium on the death penalty in this state & rescinding the ban against medical personnel carrying it out. I have no doubt, with this governor & congress, the death chamber will be up and running in the not too distant future IMO.

From reading the comments on WRAL in the past few days it seems that republicans and democrats want to see this guy put to death.

Honestly, I don't think I realized we had a moratorium on the death penalty until they began to discuss lifting it.

The only thing I can imagine him saying is that he took her back home, alive, and that her family must have killed and dumped her. With the photos, what else could he say?

He could say he took her to the motel, gave her to someone waiting there, and when he came back to get her, she was dead. IMO plausible, and could even be what happened. Irregardless, he would still be guilty as he was a part of the entire felonies committed against this child.

I would agree but for the fact that if that were what had happened, and the Defendant had simply "returned" to find her dead

a) we would see video of him leaving the hotel without Shaniya

and

b) his defense counsel would have produced video of the mystery murderer entering and leaving the hotel during his absence

I agree.

Thanks I was just wondering about the first wife's murder! Does anyone know this; I keep reading the Hotel Video was them entering from the elevator to the room- There is no video of them leaving the hotel, correct?

We have not seen it. But that doesn't mean LE doesn't have it.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl