NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would never miss seeing this case trhough to the end. I can still remember vividly all those days we all spend, haunting, nay, living on her thread, checking for updates. And then to have her found, six days later and learn what those monsters put her through.

I just want them held accountable for their sick twisted disgusting acts. Both of em.

You and me both.

So he is admitting to four facts in the case, which are undeniable: either a witness exists or video which nails him down. What do you all think his defense will be and how will his Attorney's prove those points?

He consistently denies killing her -- that is prolly where the bulk of the defense will be. Will he say he gave her back to her ~mother~ alive, or what? That can't be it... because...

His attys say that his former attys agreed that MM would give details of where to look for her body in exchange for the DP being taken off the table. The judge said there was no such agreement & leaves capital murder (DP is possible) in the charges.

I think they've got their work cut out for them...

So the big secret is where is the video of him leaving........that would answer just about everything!

Just remember that this may not even exist. Hotels do not have cameras everywhere (speaking as a non-verified hotel employee :seeya:)

For instance, he may have left through one of many staircases that the hotel possibly has. Maybe they only had a camera at the front desk and in the elevator area. I know that personally, we only have cameras in certain important areas in the hotel I work at.

As always, JMO :)

He consistently denies killing her -- that is prolly where the bulk of the defense will be. Will he say he gave her back to her ~mother~ alive, or what? That can't be it... because...

His attys say that his former attys agreed that MM would give details of where to look for her body in exchange for the DP being taken off the table. The judge said there was no such agreement & leaves capital murder (DP is possible) in the charges.

I think they've got their work cut out for them...

Right!

He admits taking her, bringing her to a hotel, leaving the hotel with her, then was willing (for a small favor) to point out where her body was.

How in the world will the defense ever defend him?

He's toast.

IMO

Just remember that this may not even exist. Hotels do not have cameras everywhere (speaking as a non-verified hotel employee :seeya:)

For instance, he may have left through one of many staircases that the hotel possibly has. Maybe they only had a camera at the front desk and in the elevator area. I know that personally, we only have cameras in certain important areas in the hotel I work at.

I thought most hotels (especially chains) had cameras pointed at all entrance/exits.

I think they have video and its part of their evidence.

Remember, the only reason we saw the elevator video was because she was still missing when LE released it and they were putting it out so the public could be on the lookout for them.
Stills of that video was released during the press conference where they were asking for our help in locating MAM and Shaniya.
They also said at the time that they thought Shaniya was alive and well.
That makes me think they have video of MAM and a live Shaniya leaving that hotel.

JMO

ETA: IIRC
(I feel like I should put IIRC on all my posts in this thread because its been so long since all this happened)
I'm trying to remember all the details correctly, but wow!
Lol

So if I misspeak, y'all please forgive me. It would never be intentional.

I thought most hotels (especially chains) had cameras pointed at all entrance/exits.

I think they have video and its part of their evidence.

Remember, the only reason we saw the elevator video was because she was still missing when LE released it and they were putting it out so the public could be on the lookout for them.
Stills of that video was released during the press conference where they were asking for our help in locating MAM and Shaniya.
They also said at the time that they thought Shaniya was alive and well.
That makes me think they have video of MAM and a live Shaniya leaving that hotel.

JMO

ETA: IIRC
(I feel like I should put IIRC on all my posts in this thread because its been so long since all this happened)
I'm trying to remember all the details correctly, but wow!
Lol

So if I misspeak, y'all please forgive me. It would never be intentional.

It's possible that they do have an exit video (and I certainly hope that they do!!) but I can tell you that not all hotels have cameras at *every* entrance and exit. Might have to do with what particular chain/brand it is, how high/low quality the particular hotel is, crime rate of area, etc. I'm not sure. Of course, I do not know specifically if this hotel did or not.

I would never miss seeing this case trhough to the end. I can still remember vividly all those days we all spend, haunting, nay, living on her thread, checking for updates. And then to have her found, six days later and learn what those monsters put her through.

I just want them held accountable for their sick twisted disgusting acts. Both of em.

Ill never forget that week...never.

Lets get this jury seated NC.

What a heartbreaking case.I did not follow much after she was found.I just could not take what her so called mother did to her.
But can someone tell me,a poster mentioned pictures.What is this all about? TIA
I will be reading along with you all on this!!

Justice for Shaniya!!

Syra Kelly,

If I recall it has to do with the Aunt dating this guy prior. He is charged with having child *advertiser censored* on his phone? I think it is and he claims he doesn't that its pics of the aunt AD's sister.

Ima

Well, here we are ... for beautiful Shaniya. This case has haunted me from the moment I lay eyes on those hotel pics...

I'll have to be here to see it come to justice..

bbm
I wonder if there was equipment for filming *advertiser censored* videos there or something? I am sure there are cheap motels in Fayetteville -- any town near an armed services base will have them, of course. And I have driven by some pretty seamy areas there, just like in any town anywhere. Seems to me, something -- or someone -- would have to be there for him to go to Sanford unless he had other business in that area and was near there anyway. Or maybe he knew a way to get there on backroads, etc.

Yes, glee, why there??

Man, I've having a lot of trouble posting today. Keep getting errors. :seeya: Good to see you again, missed everyone here, what was our last trial together? Michelle Young? That drive to Sanford has bothered me from the beginning. Why drive to Sanford? Seems he'd have been far less conspicuous in a Fayetteville motel, seedy and no cameras. Why drive to Sanford and check into a big hotel/motel? Kiddie *advertiser censored*? Was he meeting a drug connection and paying with little Shaniya? Something caused him to drive to Sanford and take a HUGE RISK with a 'not seedy' hotel and video evidence. Can anyone remember if he actually 'checked in'? Or did he simply go to an already designated room?

That's what I think too. He slipped out of there unnoticed. I also wonder if he'd been there with a child/Shaniya before? With no 'missing child' alert, he could have been there before and no one knew about it. Wasn't that hotel along the interstate?

To those of you where my *thanks* don't show up, it's not that I don't appreciate your thoughts and input, I'm simply having a lot of problems posting today. :-(

I too don't understand driving to Sanford.

There were plenty of places near Fayetteville, ie Raeford, that he could have gotten a motel room that only had exterior doors. I'm interested to see the footage and who else was around that hotel. Maybe another known child predator?

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/10/1249541?sac=fo.local
Seven jurors selected for Shaniya Davis trial today
Five women and two men were selected this morning as jurors for the capital murder trial of Mario McNeill, who is charged with raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November 2009.

Ammons said he doesn't expect jury selection to be finished by the end of the work week. Twelve regular jurors must be seated along with three or four alternates. West had said previously he expected jury selection to take two weeks and the entire trial to last six to eight weeks.
The consensus from the judge and attorneys on both sides is that McNeill's trial will now last about eight weeks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72
Back