NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is that if McNeill is the only source of information implicating Davis, that could make prosecuting her difficult. He obviously has a huge reason to be pointing at her and deflecting/sharing the blame. Let's hope that's not the case.

Yes I am hoping it's not the case. We'll have to wait and see.

OT- I was watching a show on the Science channel last night with my younger son and a statement was made by one of the TH's and it stuck in my mind (it is not connected with Shaniya) in that the TH said this: Every murder has a motive. It's just that sometimes we don't understand the motive.

This whole case is illogical to me. I find it very difficult to look at the pieces that we have seen so far and create a logical picture of what may have happened. At this point, it just defies any logic IMHO.

Posted: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2009

Bounced between homes

Shaniya has bounced between homes since birth, shared between a mother and a father who conceived her during a chance encounter one night. Carey Lockhart had been the girl's primary guardian because her father, Bradley Lockhart, worked long stretches as a building contractor at out-of-state jobs.

"There was no denying that she was his," Carey Lockhart said of the resemblance between Shaniya and her father.

Lockhart described Shaniya as a joyful girl who loved to dress up in pretty clothes and make her cousins laugh. She was a kindergartner at Morganton Road Elementary School in Fayetteville.

Though Bradley Lockhart and Antoinette Davis never married, they shared responsibility for Shaniya from the start. Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts.

But 21/2 weeks ago, Lockhart said, the informal parenting arrangement dissolved.

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31. Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

"I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do," said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=691306

Unless I have gone completely battie, the father said she was taken to her momster on the 9th of October and dropped off. Also, he didn't know the child was not in school.

this is just so bizzare... she sounds so distraught from the 911 call.. like she's legitimately worried and scared... but it's weird how she remembers exactly what she was wearing without having to think about it... that part seemed rehearsed. this is so screwed up
i'm also curious as to how they know her mother was selling her...
where did that info come from
??

BBM-

My money is on Coe. jmo

(my bold)
The searcher on camera when Shaniya was found says he was told to "look for where deer carcases are and trash was dumped"
That tells ME that MAM told or
the elusive driver of the blue toyota is in custody and he told,
but the news would be all over that if there was an arrest of someone else with a charge relating to a child being murdered or raped or sold, etc

That's what has me so puzzled. ...One of the many things, I should say.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems both LE and the reporting have been quirkier than usual for this case, leaving a lot of :waitasec:s...

How do you not know your child isn't attending school?
Sorry, there goes the hink again.

Shaniya's aunt recalling when she last saw her when she dropped her off was truly heartbreaking.

One of the most illogical things about this is the selling of Shaniya into sexual servitude. I am not saying I doubt at all that it was done but where do two knuckleheaded drug addicts find someone willing to pay for a child on short notice? Short notice being a matter of weeks. Or was this plan in motion prior to Shaniya being delivered for a visit that never ended because AD decided she wasn't going to go back as planned?

I think I'm nauseous today from giving this too much thought. Ugh.

It depends on what she is withdrawing from. They can give Methadone or Subutex (sp) for heroin addiction. It's safer for the baby if she weans off of rather than stops cold turkey.

Just what will the effects to her (plenty of pain I hope) be when coming off those drugs. Surely, they wont give her enough to get high...I guess what I am asking really, is this,,,Will she go thru some pain, in jail??????

Yes I am hoping it's not the case. We'll have to wait and see.

OT- I was watching a show on the Science channel last night with my younger son and a statement was made by one of the TH's and it stuck in my mind (it is not connected with Shaniya) in that the TH said this: Every murder has a motive. It's just that sometimes we don't understand the motive.

This whole case is illogical to me. I find it very difficult to look at the pieces that we have seen so far and create a logical picture of what may have happened. At this point, it just defies any logic IMHO.

OT: Hey Kat good to see u posting again. I was thinking about you and your family when the fort hood tragedy occured. I know you were not there at the time, but I'm sure you knew alot of people there.

Just what will the effects to her (plenty of pain I hope) be when coming off those drugs. Surely, they wont give her enough to get high...I guess what I am asking really, is this,,,Will she go thru some pain, in jail??????

I most certainly hope she goes through the worst types of pain in jail..physical and emotional...for the rest of her life..:furious:

Thank jnTexas :) for your kindness in thinking about us.

I think it is what several others here are saying. We are going to find out a lot of really bad stuff.

I'm thinking that this was going on for much of this visit, it wasn't a one time thing. Momster realized Shaniya could never go home, else they'd be found out. I think this was a part of her threatening the aunt that she would never see her again. I also believe this is why she wasn't attending school. This had been going on for some time and the school would have found out something was wrong. IMO they were essentially holding her hostage in that trailer and it went bad and they killed her. The only thing is I think others are involved, whether it be a "John" who met up at the hotel or someone else. The choice of hotel gets me.

One of the most illogical things about this is the selling of Shaniya into sexual servitude. I am not saying I doubt at all that it was done but where do two knuckleheaded drug addicts find someone willing to pay for a child on short notice? Short notice being a matter of weeks. Or was this plan in motion prior to Shaniya being delivered for a visit that never ended because AD decided she wasn't going to go back as planned?

I really just think that this wasn't a big organized thing. I think AD "sold" her to MAM. That's it. I don't think they had veiled ads on CL or tried to start a sex ring. MAM is a sick freak, AD needed money or drugs, and Shaniya fell into her lap at the right time.

I will say I'm confused about how the change of custody occured. It sounds like one person is saying AD basically absconded with her, and the other is saying he wanted to let her try to parent. I feel for the dad, so much, but who goes from fulltime caregiver to someone who seems, in retrospect, like he was pretty much absent the last few weeks? If AD did say she couldn't come back--well, that helps me feel better in some odd way.

I think that this was happening over time with different people, and then Mom sold her to MAM.

this is just so bizzare... she sounds so distraught from the 911 call.. like she's legitimately worried and scared... but it's weird how she remembers exactly what she was wearing without having to think about it... that part seemed rehearsed. this is so screwed up
i'm also curious as to how they know her mother was selling her...
where did that info come from??
It's interesting, in the Cummings case, we've read a lot about red flags in 911 calls, and one of the biggest is when the caller starts out with alibi-information, especially when they're in the opening words. e.g., instead of starting out with "Help! Our daughter is gone/hurt...", they start with what they were doing.

Misty Croslin started out with "We were asleep and just woke up, and then... yadda..."

AD did the same thing.

I also thought she also seemed to change her emotions a little too abruptly when asked questions, but I've only heard it once, and it wasn't very clear, so...

The October 31st date mentioned in the article is a far cry from October 9th. :waitasec: BBM

Patty, I will pick your brain since mine is fried with disgust...When Cary the aunt said she packed enough for 2 days how does that play in,,,because we know the father just said Shaniya was dropped of at the momsters house on the 9th of October? TIA

How do you not know your child isn't attending school?
Sorry, there goes the hink again.

I have a feeling at some point during this visit, all contact was cut off between dad and Shaniya. If the momster was refusing calls etc, he wouldn't have known she wasn't in school. He probably would have assumed she was in school but that Momster was withholding the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo