NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MAM has a baby with gf and a baby with momsters sister? Or, is the gf's bro the baby daddy of momsters sister?? Do any of these baby daddys pay child support?? Or, is raising these babies the job of taxpayers?? Seems like a darn good deal for deadbeat dads and the moms who keep themselves preggers to get all the goodies our govt. hands out to them for their irresponsible behavior!!

I think the Oct. 31st date was a media mistake. Shaniya was supposed to spend Fri.-Sun. with momster. Oct. 9th-11th

MAM has a baby with gf and a baby with momsters sister? Or, is the gf's bro the baby daddy of momsters sister?? Do any of these baby daddys pay child support?? Or, is raising these babies the job of taxpayers?? Seems like a darn good deal for deadbeat dads and the moms who keep themselves preggers to get all the goodies our govt. hands out to them for their irresponsible behavior!!

This makes my brain hurt.............:waitasec:

At the Presser the dad says she went to live with her mother on Oct 9. Listen around the 5 min mark [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDdD5UtrQCA"]YouTube- Shaniya Davis: Brad Lockhart Press Conf. - 11/17/09 -1[/ame]

Also what I don't understand is AD wasn't taking her to school and the father was not aware?WTH?

This is just MO but here goes, Carey D stated she did not get along with momster. From what it sounds like to me, Carey D had her hands tied as to how much she could do for Shaniya once she was dropped off at momsters. Since Carey D had no legal rights. That's why it was stated that she knew when BL got back from working out of town, they were gonna have to go to court. Maybe she thought since momster had a job and a place to live, if Shaniya needed clothes for school, momster could provide them. IMO
I don't think Carey D just chose to ignore the fact that Shaniya was there. I think she wanted her home but could not make that happen legally.
IMO of course.

Perhaps, but even if the aunt had no legal rights, the first phone call should have been made to her brother and tell him what was said about "never seeing Shaniya again." At least then Brad could have contacted AD and checked out the situation.

Was she still supposed to be attending the same school as when she lived with her dad?

You would think the aunt would have brought over more clothing AND also be concerned because Shaniya had to go to school.

Did the Aunt just assume Shaniya's mother was taking her to school every day?

Why did the Aunt make a statement in the newspaper that "Antoinette called her on Sunday and told her she would never see Shaniya again?

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31. Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

“I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do,” said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

“I knew when [my brother] came home, we were going to have to go to court and make some changes so we didn't have to endure this,” Lockhart said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1060111.html

Though Bradley Lockhart and Antoinette Davis never married, they shared responsibility for Shaniya from the start. Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts.

But 21/2 weeks ago, Lockhart said, the informal parenting arrangement dissolved.

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31. Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

I have been through the custody stuff before (my then BF and I split up, we already had a child together, we then got back together and he is now my husband). Prior to us going to court we set up an "informal parenting arrangement" without this, if my then EX would have decided to just keep our daughter he could have and there would have been nothing I could have done about it. I was actually told by a county sheriff that if i ever wanted to see my daughter again I had better not let her go with her father until we had something on paper. It wasn't her father I had to worry about it was his family that was in his ear telling him what to do and my children do not see them to this day! So being that the parents of this child had an informal parenting arrangement that probably involved weekend visits with the mother, and maybe even so many hours a week the father HAD to allow these. or the "mother" could have taken him to court or just called the police and then the father could have been charged with kidnapping. Its not as easy as just saying, I don't trust you I don't want to send you to your moms house this weekend. Being that there had not been any trouble with the "mother" taking and returning the child in the past the aunt probably didn't even think twice about sending the child. Then when she got the phone call on Sunday that she would not be returning her there was nothing she could do, legally, because there was nothing stating what kind of visitation or custody there was!

I think the Oct. 31st date was a media mistake. Shaniya was supposed to spend Fri.-Sun. with momster. Oct. 9th-11th

Oct 31st is a major mistake. Maybe Oct 10th or close to the date but not October 31st. :waitasec:

The date has yet to be retracted.

IDK how it works in NC but in the state I live in, I get a phone call and an email if my kid is absent. Those calls go to the child's home contact #. I wonder if she was supposed to be attending the same school, or if the contact info was changed by someone. Anyone know?

This is just MO but here goes, Carey D stated she did not get along with momster. From what it sounds like to me, Carey D had her hands tied as to how much she could do for Shaniya once she was dropped off at momsters. Since Carey D had no legal rights. That's why it was stated that she knew when BL got back from working out of town, they were gonna have to go to court. Maybe she thought since momster had a job and a place to live, if Shaniya needed clothes for school, momster could provide them. IMO
I don't think Carey D just chose to ignore the fact that Shaniya was there. I think she wanted her home but could not make that happen legally.
IMO of course.

Legally??? what about the legal rights of a child to a safe environment?

I don't get it...when the crackhead momster made that threat, why didn't the dad's side of the family get the social workers (who they had contact with before) and /or the cops out there??

why weren't they out there to check on the condition of Shaynia?? that is a threat...to a child..

How did the dad/dad's family enroll Shaynia in school if they had NO paperwork?? Pray tell...I could not just walk in with a kid and enroll them

someone also "removed" her from the school roster it has been reported

is that what we should do?? just say, "oh well we have no legal recourse"...and leave a baby with a junkie in a h//llhole with felons and sewage and strung out egg donor??

Orginally it was portrayed that they were "giving her a chance"...the 3 weeks were up and it seemed that they then became concerned

but no...now we know it was right after Halloween....after a weekend...

I hate to say it but this COULD have been prevented....there were at least 2 almost 3 weeks that this could have been intervened...send in social workers, cops...drop a dime....demand to see Shaynia...I hate to say it but by that time she was probably already hurt and hurting....raped....

just go in that trailer....they were having people in and out....how many felons there??? Just the 2 felons consorting is enough to put both of their lousy butts back in prison

I am appalled that the family sat back and allowed this to happen

"Legal custody">>> pretty weak in light of what has happened

even if the dad's family fought and lost I would feel better....but to sit back and say "nothing we can do"???? It is heartbreaking

Though Bradley Lockhart and Antoinette Davis never married, they shared responsibility for Shaniya from the start. Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts.

But 21/2 weeks ago, Lockhart said, the informal parenting arrangement dissolved.

I have been through the custody stuff before (my then BF and I split up, we already had a child together, we then got back together and he is now my husband). Prior to us going to court we set up an "informal parenting arrangement" without this, if my then EX would have decided to just keep our daughter he could have and there would have been nothing I could have done about it. I was actually told by a county sheriff that if i ever wanted to see my daughter again I had better not let her go with her father until we had something on paper. It wasn't her father I had to worry about it was his family that was in his ear telling him what to do and my children do not see them to this day! So being that the parents of this child had an informal parenting arrangement that probably involved weekend visits with the mother, and maybe even so many hours a week the father HAD to allow these. or the "mother" could have taken him to court or just called the police and then the father could have been charged with kidnapping. Its not as easy as just saying, I don't trust you I don't want to send you to your moms house this weekend. Being that there had not been any trouble with the "mother" taking and returning the child in the past the aunt probably didn't even think twice about sending the child. Then when she got the phone call on Sunday that she would not be returning her there was nothing she could do, legally, because there was nothing stating what kind of visitation or custody there was!

You don't have to have legal custody, to make the decision, to make a phone call, to inform the father, of what happened regarding the conversation between AD and the aunt regarding Shaniya.

IMO of course.

I might be reading too much into things, but I sensed some uncomfortable dynamics might be going on between the daddy and the aunt and, perhaps, others.

The strongest was the impression that the aunt was not OK with the dad's decision to let Shaniya go there at all to begin with. She outright said she was very uncomfortable with it, didn't approve of the egg-donor, said she wasn't as forgiving as her brother, emphasized her special relationship and how it had been stolen, and kept repeating that parents shouldn't turn our backs on our children.

Where is the father's fiance? Is there one? Or was that a false report?

Page 5, I linked and transcribed.

I hope you don't mind me bringing your post over.

Transcribed 911 Call:

Dispatcher: 911, what is your emergency?
AD: Yes, ma'am. My name is Antionette Davis at 11[inaudible] Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher: Ma'am?
AD: My name is Antionette Davis at 1116a Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher:I said I'm not getting your address clearly. Can you slow down a little bit, and tell me again?
AD: Yes. 1116a Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher:1115a?
AD: 16
Dispatcher: One six?
AD: Yes, ma'am.
Dispatcher: Okay, ma'am, how can I help you?
AD: (Short pause) I woke up this morning and my daughter was not in this house. I don't know if she walked out or...I don't know what's goin on, but she's not here. .
Dispatcher: How old is your daughter?
AD: She's 5.
Dispatcher: 5?
Dispatcher: Okay. What time did you wake up? When did you last see her?
AD: I saw her, uh, at 5:30 last night.
Dispatcher: 5:30 last night? Is that when you put her to bed?
AD: Yes, ma'am. NO, when she went back to bed.
Dispatcher: Okay. That was 5 this morning, is that what your telling me?
Dispatcher: Okay. Um, were there any doors open or anything like that?
AD: She know how to unlock the front door.
Dispatcher: Okay. What is her name?
AD: Shaniya Davis.
Dispatcher: Spell that name for me.
AD: S-h-a-n-i-y-a.
Dispatcher: And she's White, Black or Hispanic.
AD: She's mixed.
Dispatcher: Okay.
AD: She's biracial.
Dispatcher: What was she wearing?
AD: She's wearing a blue, just a big old [inaudible], blue shirt with designs on it, but her hair's out.
Dispatcher: Okay. Did she have on, um, any pants?
AD: She didn't take no shoes, no pants, no nothing. She...
Dispatcher: Did she have on underwear?
AD: Yes, Ma'am.
Dispatcher: Okay. Do you know what color?
AD: They're white, and they got pink, I guess. I can't...I can't really remember. But they like white with pink designs on them.
Dispatcher: Okay. Okay. And you said none of the doors were open?
AD: No, ma'a. They were locked, but she knows how to unlock the front door.
Dispatcher: Was it closed this morning?
AD: Yes, ma'am
Dispatcher: And you said it was about 5:30?
Dispatcher: Okay. Have you checked the neighborhood?
AD: I checked everywhere. I haven't checked the back end of the neighborhood, yet, but I checked the front end. I'm just, I don't know what else to do. I don't know what else to do, I'm so...I'm, I don't know what else to do.
Dispatcher: Are there any more juveniles inside the home?
AD: It's my son, but he's here.
Dispatcher: Okay. And your door was not unlocked, that what you're telling me?
AD: No, it was not unlocked, but I'm telling you, she knows how to unlock it. I was hoping that she didn't unlock it and walked out.
Dispatcher: Okay. What's the number you're calling me from, ma'am?
[redacted]
Dispatcher: Okay. We already got your call in. We're going to get someone out. You said her hair was out?
AD: Yes. It's like a bushy afro.
Dispatcher: How much does she weigh? Do you know?
AD: I don't know, ma'am. I don't remember.
Dispatcher: Okay. Alright, ma'am, just try to um, try to check your home again, and check around the neighborhood again, and if anything changes, call us back. But we already got the call in, and we're going to get someone out as soon as we can, okay?
AD: Alright.
Dispatcher: Alright ma'am. Thank you.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/6439590/

IN MY OPINION, the second inaudible she started to say blanket.
Last edited by not_my_kids; Today at 03:48 PM. Reason: remove all content but words

We need to find out the date she was withdrawn from school. This would most likely be when the sexual abuse started. They could not afford for her to go to school and tell. KWIM?

I might be reading too much into things, but I sensed some uncomfortable dynamics might be going on between the daddy and the aunt and, perhaps, others.

The strongest was the impression that the aunt was not OK with the dad's decision to let Shaniya go there at all to begin with. She outright said she was very uncomfortable with it, didn't approve of the egg-donor, said she wasn't as forgiving as her brother, emphasized her special relationship and how it had been stolen, and kept repeating that parents shouldn't turn our backs on our children.

Where is the father's fiance? Is there one? Or was that a false report?
I believe his fiancé was at his side during the first presser along with his sister on the other side.

The articles state he has three children, but in his late wifes Obit it states his wife leaves behind two sons, and two daughters???

I am STILL picking my brain regarding Oct 9th and October 31st. It bothers me that the aunt says "she only packed 2 days of clothes". Hummmmmm!

Surely, if the Aunt packed for only 2 days as she said, and the momster then telling her she will never see her again, with all that time gone by,,,I would think the Dad would have had time to know she wasn't in school, and probably gotten her out of that hellhole, before this..It just does NOT compute. Thanks for your help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo