NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that have to do with it????

So, should the parent with the nicer house and nicer car get custody?? No questions asked??'

I'm not following why the house and cars have anything at all to do with this case.

Drug heads, child pimps, YES - That's what did this.

The thing I am having a hard time with is the way she was ripped from her loving aunt's care. This was not gradual transition from what I have read, but a quick change without all of her familiar belongings and visits and phone calls. I have gone a week without my children and they have missed me terribly. Three weeks must have left this child feeling very abandoned and homesick for her familiar surroundings, even if the placement had been ideal..which we know it wasn't. This troubled me before any of the interviews with the kids, or FIL or the alleged burns, or other things started surfacing.

I just can not understand why the father would have suddenly decided her bio mother was fit to raise her and why the aunt was under the impression that this was just a weekend visit. But even so, why was this the best thing to do to Shaniya? I think the reason others have said they offered to have SHaniya live with them is because they knew BL wanted her to live away from her aunt for some reason and they were offering an alternative to going to her mom's.

In the interview with Bryon he made a comment that his father thought it was time for the mother to raise her or something like that. He didn't say it was a visit. I think the father intended it to be a long term living arrangement, but for some reason the poor aunt was not in on this plan.

I am finding myself wondering if the aunt had raised concerns to BL about him needing to be more involved in Shaniya's life, or if she suspected something with the burns or something else. There is an obvious tension between the two. Aunt has said she felt differently about Antoinette than BL. I think the key to sending Shaniya to live with her mother lies in the details of what was going on between dad and his sister.

he said that she had exema and thats what the spots were...not cig burns

i dont know much about exema...but i know its all red and blotchy right?

eta, im slow and this has already been covered! but from the pics above they look similar

Even with the worst case of excema,,,it does not look like cigarette burns.

Geeesh...I got out for a few hours...come back and I am so behind, I fear I'll never catch up on the threads!

We REALLY need a forum! please:)

So is there any new news?

Yeah...just sweep it all under the carpet

this is not a case where some pervert snatched a little kid from their happy home

they were driven from their happy home to a h//lhole and had a packed bag to take along to their journey into pain, fear and horror

as for grieving privately..why not tell the dad that? ?I don't want to see him preaching on my tv...nor promoting his new "foundation"

BBM...
LOL, that's a very good point too!!

I think the Father was blind to what was going on, who knows, He never in his life I imagine, would have thought his baby girl would die at the hands of her own mother, but then again look at The Anthonys, they lost Caylee, at the hands of her own mother, they ignored the warning signs also
Exactly. And this problem is too pervasive and deadly to children for caring people to ignore or excuse. :(

snipped......

"The investigation at this point indicates that Shaniya Davis was alive at the time she left the Sanford hotel," police said.

A Tuesday statement from the Fayetteville police says that jurisdiction is "governed by where the criminal conduct occurred. Right now, this is an ongoing investigation and as such we are still determining the details surrounding the death of the child."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/18/shaniya.davis/

From just seeing the outside of the trailer I would say it was about a 40 year old fire trap sitting on barren ground with a runoff creek out the door.

She went from a 240k home with a manicured lawn, smoke alarms and probably a security system, a police force that shows up in minutes to that.

Money is very important to him but I believe he did not feel it was important for his daughter.

he said that she had exema and thats what the spots were...not cig burns

i dont know much about exema...but i know its all red and blotchy right?

eta, im slow and this has already been covered! but from the pics above they look similar

When I was younger, my neighbor had exema really bad. He had scabbed over pox that scarred and yeah they do look like a burn scar in a way. I would think that they would have better meds for it now though, unless they didn't take her to the doctor.

I'm going to look for case law on this, unless somebody professional out there already has the study #. Somewhere out there I'm just about positive I remember learning that if a parent knows or even suspects that a criminal activity is going on, and that parent knowingly sends their child into that type of situation, then they can be cited or warned with negligence. If said child dies as the result of this, parent may be charged with child abuse - negligence and tried in a court of law, punishable by fine and/or jail time.

Just sayin'. I'll look for it, but seriously it may take awhile, been years since I was in college.

Geeesh...I got out for a few hours...come back and I am so behind, I fear I'll never catch up on the threads!

We REALLY need a forum! please:)

So is there any new news?

Tricia and the other Admins are thinking about it now and will let us know soon. :)

Slightly OT: has anyone noticed that WRAL.com does not even have Shaniya on the front page any more? Geez...

Sorry, looking really close. Can not find many proven facts in here.
I do see some facts that we know now, but did dad know them at the time??

I do not have a goal to "support" this "poor man"

I have a goal of not blameing people w/out proof.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

and that my friend is the problem...Dad didn't bother to "know them at the time"

he didn't bother to go there..to check...just a call to the rental office would have proved that the manager didn't even know who AD was..
a call to the job

a drive over there at night to "drop in">> imagine walking in on a party there??

Risky crazy behavior...a lack of concern...he didn't "know"..well it was his business and his duty to know..to check it out

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I really see no difference in this case with the father and with Somer's case where the mom let her walk to school at her age w/out an adult.
I followed that one from day 1 as well, and I can tell you...we were not allowed to talk negatively about DT. We had stern warnings of T/O if we did.
What's the difference here. His child is still in the mourge. Can't we just discuss the criminals and worry about dad if it turns out he did know more and ignored it???
Why can't we focus on MAM and AD?

Yeah, but I personally thought it was his mother...not sister. I was wrong about the computer. ElizaAvalon let me know about the model # that I failed to look up. I feel so stupid for not checking on that. Sorry for the confusion again. I'm just so tied up in this that I'm not even thinking straight, literally, it's affected me at home...cried for 3 days now. Again, sorry for the confusion everyone.

Silly girl, you are one of the smartest WSers I know!

and a blanket smeared in feces

these people are disgusting, sub-humans and I hope they all die a painful death - soon
What I still can't figure out about AD's 911 call, with her repeatedly stressing Shaniya knew how to unlock the door, is why didn't she make it a little more believable by at least saying Shaniya was dressed? :waitasec: Some things never cease to amaze. MOO

My only problem with that is, if he only went to Sanford and he was familiar with that area, I doubt he would even have it turned on.

My daughter has a portable and it comes on everytime you start the car. You can take it out of the holder and take it in the house at night.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

and that my friend is the problem...Dad didn't bother to "know them at the time"

he didn't bother to go there..to check...just a call to the rental office would have proved that the manager didn't even know who AD was..
a call to the job

a drive over there at night to "drop in">> imagine walking in on a party there??

Risky crazy behavior...a lack of concern...he didn't "know"..well it was his business and his duty to know..to check it out

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

How do we know he didn't try to check into things?
Really, how do we know AD was not just a master munipulater?

We all know the stories, the allegations, the rumors.
Some of us will discuss these and our interpretations of them.
Those that don't want to discuss them, just skim over them, as opposed to eating up thread after thread with argument about it.

Half of the places where the father is mentioned here, is someone arguing over whether or not we should be digging into is past.
If you don't like a topic, skip it. It's very easy to read part of a post and simply skip over instead of hitting reply...in fact, I think that's in TOS.

Calling it a night. Maybe tomorrow we will find something to sleuth and we can get away from criticizing the father. Itis what it is at this point. Right or wrong, we can't undo the mistakes he has made. We CAN search for justice and punishment of those who committed this horrible crime.

Sleep well, Shaniya. Rest with the angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member