NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this editorial today:
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/10/10/1128467

just to let everyone know this community has not, nor will ever- forget about Shaniya.

Nice editorial Oriah, thanks for sharing it. I think it points out a very important statement about taking the time to do it right and remembering that justice is more important than revenge.

Blessings to all who are getting ready to do battle for Shaniya.

I agree! Great editorial and a great reminder to us all that we should be patient. It's the best way to get convictions.

As the editorial noted, they are not going anywhere. Time is on justice's side.

Btw, did MAM's trial start yesterday?

I agree! Great editorial and a great reminder to us all that we should be patient. It's the best way to get convictions.

As the editorial noted, they are not going anywhere. Time is on justice's side.

Btw, did MAM's trial start yesterday?

Yes. Continuing today.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/ActionPdfGenerator.do?realrptloc=file%3A%2F%2F%2F%2Fpubdir%2Faopubprd%2Fwww%2Fdata%2FCUMBERLAND%2Fcalendar%2FSUPERIOR.SECOND_SETTING-PRIVATE_BAR_.11.01.11.AM.004A.CAL.txt&caltype=Criminal

ETA:
002 09 CRS 065760 MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE APT.: ALFORD/POPE ADA: WW
AKA: MCNEIL,MARIO,ANDRETT
TB: 072511 BOND: $100,000 SEC
(F)FIRST DEGREE KIDNAPPING BOWMAN,T FPD
CLS:C P: L: PLEA: VER: JUDGMENT:
(F)HUMAN TRAFFICKING CHILD VICTIM
(F)SEXUAL SERVITUDE CHILD VICTIM
003 09 CRS 066040 MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE APT.: ALFORD/POPE ADA: WW
TB: 072511
(F)FIRST DEGREE MURDER BOWMAN,T FPD
CLS:A P: L: PLEA: VER: JUDGMENT:
(F)INT CHILD ABUSE-SER BOD INJ
SECOND_SETTING-PRIVATE_BAR CAL PAGE: 1 11/01/11 09:30 AM 004A E
SUPERIOR COURT CALENDAR PAGE: 2
COURT DATE: 11/01/11 TIME: 09:30 AM COURTROOM NUMBER: 004A
NO. FILE NUMBER DEFENDANT NAME CONT
*************************************************************************************
004 09 CRS 066041 MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE APT.: ALFORD/POPE ADA: WW
TB: 072511 BOND: $100,000 SEC
(F)FIRST DEGREE RAPE CHILD BOWMAN,T FPD
CLS:B1 P: L: PLEA: VER: JUDGMENT:
(F)SEXUAL OFFENSE WITH A CHILD
CLS:B1 P: L: PLEA: VER: JUDGMENT:
(F)FELONY CHILD ABUSE-PROSTITUTN
CLS:E P: L: PLEA: VER: JUDGMENT:
(F)INDECENT LIBERTIES WITH CHILD​
CLS:F P: L: PLEA: VER:

Anything in the local news? I haven't been able to find anything new.

MAM's trial started?!! There should be more coverage! No links to reporters tweets, nothing?

ETA: Ijust did a quick check of local news and I could find a word about MAM's trial.

MAM's trial started?!! There should be more coverage! No links to reporters tweets, nothing?

ETA: Ijust did a quick check of local news and I could find a word about MAM's trial.

I think perhaps there might be a gag order in place?

Perhaps one of our verified attorneys could weigh in.

I wonder sometimes why some people have children. It's clear to me that this woman could not take care of her children, that addiction ruled her life, and cost her daughter her life. <mod snip>

I know that we have rights, but sometimes I wonder if it's not fairer to have some people forced to have some sort of birith contro. This little girl deserved a happy and gentle life, not to be harmed and killed.

Nice editorial Oriah, thanks for sharing it. I think it points out a very important statement about taking the time to do it right and remembering that justice is more important than revenge.

Very well-written and well-thought, Oriah. Shaniya is smiling, happy and lighting up the skies.

I wonder sometimes why some people have children. It's clear to me that this woman could not take care of her children, that addiction ruled her life, and cost her daughter her life. <mod snip>

You act like some are capable of thinking it through.

I'm sorry, everytime I see her face, my mind goes back, to the footage of him holding her, in his arms at that hotel. And I feel sick.
He should be destroyed. And God help me, but I hope when he gets to prison he will be.
Inmates don't take to kindly to that sort of thing.
Please let justice prevail in court and in his cell.

Hello all. I am just checking in to see how the case is going. My last post was in July when I learned that AD was charged with 1st degree murder.

I can't believe it has been that long. I too have to stay away from reading about it because I felt this case was consuming me. and *I* felt some guilt if I experienced joy... because how could joy exist in a world where such evilness dwells.
Even now, I am half apologizes for being away from reading this case for so long.

But anyhoo

reading this editorial made me wonder if someone else negotiated the trade and AD just went along with it. You know given final "say". Because it seems odd that her boyfriend was totally out of the loop.

Do we really believe that AD was so addicted that she had a $200 debt but her boyfriend did not indulge? Do we really believe that this debt owed was AD and AD only?

Do we really believe that AD would not do the deed with MAM to clear the debt? It has been insinuated that AD has done things for $$ in the past. Why would she suddenly act chaste?

I think it is because AD's boyfriend did not want his woman to sleep with another man. I think it was her boyfriend's idea. And AD and company thought MAM would take some pictures, inappropriate touching maybe some fellatio. I don't think they thought penetration was capable.

And MAM actually penetrated and (dear Lord) cause great bodily injury the the poor baby and so the only thing he could do was (as someone else has thought) the only thing he could do was rush her to the hospital for treatment or "finish the job".

My God, I can't believe I was able to actually type this without crying. and I am not trying to be callous... just trying to be logical and realistic.

And so my point is... I don't think AD and MAM are the only ones deserving scrutiny... <modsnip>

I agree. I know they have to edit, but I agree.

This poor little beautiful babygirl has been failed by everyone who should have taken care of her.

And I agree that the people in Antoinette's home knew damn well what went on in that home.

Two years ago today.

Rest In Peace precious angel.

Yes. Rest in peace sweet Shaniya.
You are still in our hearts and on our minds.

2 years Tomorrow right?

Today is the 9th.

I will NEVER, EVER forget this beautiful little girl!

Rest in Heavenly peace, Little Shaniya. No one can ever hurt you again. There WILL be justice for you!

Yes. Rest in peace sweet Shaniya.
You are still in our hearts and on our minds.

2 years Tomorrow right?

Today is the 9th.

Yes, you're right - the 10th. Remembering the vigil as if it were yesterday, we waited wanting this baby to be found alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan