NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping the Dad had taken her. this is not looking good at all.

Because they said he "flew into town" my guess is that he didn't take her..he was obviously out of town at the time this happened.

The Fayetteville Police Department said Tuesday that FBI and U.S. marshals have joined the search into Shaniya Nicole Davis's early morning disappearance. Davis' mother reported her missing shortly before 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Police spokesman David Sportsman says authorities have found no evidence of foul play. Sportsman also says expected heavy rain may delay search efforts by several state and local departments involved in the case.

http://www.wtkr.com/news/sns-ap-nc--missingncgirl,0,5630448.story

The police spokeswoman doesnt seem to speak too "gently" about the family...
Very quick to put negative info out there like --
"If she would have wandered out of her home, she would be around here somewhere."
There have been major DSS issues with this family
This summer, officers served a search warrant at the home and found a variety of drugs inside.
Chance said if the child was wandering around outside, the dogs would have picked up her scent immediately.
The sex offenders are not considered suspects, Chance said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6387156/

Not looking good, who is the male occupant of the trailer?????

Thats what I am thinking mom if the dogs are not picking up her scent ..well, that to me means she was carried out of that home long before she was reported missing and placed in a vehicle of some sort, if some one carried her away on foot there would still be a scent or if she wandered off.
She is a beautiful little girl I hope she is found safe !

How long would it take for her scent to disappear?

What exactly does the statement "no sign of foul play" mean? We have seen this stated over and over again in missing children cases.

No sign of foul play when John Couey took Jessica Lunsford either. I know Im harping, but the dogs not picking up a scent and LE spokeswomans statements have me sitting here with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach

The police spokeswoman doesnt seem to speak too "gently" about the family...
Very quick to put negative info out there like --
"If she would have wandered out of her home, she would be around here somewhere."
There have been major DSS issues with this family
This summer, officers served a search warrant at the home and found a variety of drugs inside.
Chance said if the child was wandering around outside, the dogs would have picked up her scent immediately.
The sex offenders are not considered suspects, Chance said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6387156/

Not looking good, who is the male occupant of the trailer?????

According to http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6387156/ the man is believed to be a boyfriend of Shaniya's mother.

If you go to street view, and look closely at 1116, it seems odd that with a trailer this size, no one heard anything. Almost impossible IMO. So many trailers on that street, why this one?

Or in little Somer's case either. It's stated over and over again, and as far as I can tell it just means " this child just is just gone". This little girl did not leave on her own in the dark, that should automactically lead them to suspect foul play. I have 5 children, and at 5 years old, your lucky if they will go to the bathroom alone. just sayin...

Here is some info on how long scents can last:

"The ideal working scent conditions for a trailing dog are cool, moist days with no wind. Scent will pool, cling, and survive in shady areas and areas with lush vegetation. The moisture provided by lush green grass, the shade of a front porch, or the damp surface of a gutter are all examples of places where residual scent could be present several days after the source of the scent has passed through an area. Scent survives longer in the cooler conditions found in the evening or early morning hours because lower temperatures will tend to bring the scent back down to ground level.

Hot and dry conditions have a negative impact on scent survival. In these conditions, scent is more easily dispersed and destroyed. Direct sunlight will dry out and quickly destroy scent vapors. In addition to the physical toll that it can take on a trailing dog, heat can also cause scent to rise above the level of where the dog is working. The key to working a search dog in hot temperatures is to avoid it if you can.

Wind can disperse scent great distances, minimizing a scent trail and making trailing difficult. In a case where a lost person walked down a sidewalk four days prior to a trailing dog starting to search, the trailing dog might very well work by dipping down into the driveways, up to front porches of homes rather than the spot where the person walked on the sidewalk four days before. If there is grass directly next to the sidewalk, then the trailing dog might work on the grass. The chances of any scent remaining directly on the pavement of the sidewalk are slim after a four-day period. But the chance of scent surviving by clinging to the moisture provided on the grass and in the shady areas is very likely. Scent needs moisture to survive which rain provides. Rain does not make scent mysteriously disappear. Rain will not destroy scent, but a heavy downpour on pavement can disperse it, making it difficult to follow a trail. In those cases, the scent will cling in gutters and puddles instead of being dispersed along a consistent path like a sidewalk

http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/petdetective-scent.php

question: if the child were 'carried' out of the trailer would she leave a scent trail?

I also have not heard any futher info on the doors and windows of the trailer...

Also, when was this child last seen by someone other than the mother???

Snipped from http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6387156/

Also, the link has 2 more newly released photos of Shaniya.

Well I'll just be dammm:furious: CPS has been involved, variety of drugs taken from home and kids are returned to parents!:banghead: This sounds just like the situation my granddaughters live in and Montana CPS thinks it's okay too for the kids to live with their mother and her endless supply of and ever changing boyfriends.
I'm beyond :furious::furious::furious: with North Carolina CPS!

Possibly wrapping her up in a blanket would keep the skin rafts from leaving a trail.

This was what I was wondering.....God forbid, what if she was placed in a plastic garbage bag or something (sorry to "go there")....and taken out of the trailer would the scent be lost?

She was 5 years old as of February, so she should ahve been in school yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member