GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thud... I'm sick... I can not comprehend this. At. All.

The whole situation ...I'm beside myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 56m
    #JonathanRichardson didn't find out until after high sch. his Mom was charged w/hiring hit man. She found not guilty, but Dad got custody.
    Expand

2. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 1h
    @connieketchup They are back. Grandmother under cross now. #JonathanRichardson capital murder trial. #TeghanSkiba
    View conversation

3. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 1h
    #JonathanRichardson's Grandma testified his mother once charged w/conspiracy to commit murder and asslt w/deadly weapon.She found not guilty
    Expand

4. heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 1h
    A copy of Helen Reyes arrest warrant for child abuse against #TeghanSkiba. #JonathanRichardson pic.twitter.com/V6NNRNWudV
    View photo

I'd like to know why national media is avoiding this trial like it is the plague.

Is there some kind of news embargo?

I figured HLN would be all over this. Where is CNN? Where is FOX?

I emailed above media outlets including Nancy Grace. No responses (didn't expect any), no coverage, no mention in broadcasts. I don't get it!

Chelly, I don't know but no one but the locals are covering this case. It makes no sense to me at all.

This article has been updated with more info about the grandmother's testimony. (Richardson's grandmother)
~~~~~

http://centralnc.twcnews.com/content/news/705284/grandmother-of-defendant-testifies-in-capital-murder-trial
TWC - Raleigh,NC 3/3/14 -- Updated 3:41 PM

Grandmother of defendant testifies in capital murder trial

Heather Moore posted additional tweets.

Snipped:

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 2h
#JonathanRichardson trial could start late Tues, depending on road conditions(Expecting ice) Judge plans to have court but doesn't know when

https://twitter.com/HeatherMooreNow
Twitter - Heather Moore (TWC reporter)

I wouldn't allow someone to keep a dog in my shed, let alone a child!

If you have a Twitter account and/or Facebook account could please use your accounts to spread the word about this case? Thank you. It will be greatly appreciated.

We need to get the national media on this. I am stunned no one is reporting about Teghan except local news.

THANK YOU

If you have a Twitter account and/or Facebook account could please use your accounts to spread the word about this case? Thank you. It will be greatly appreciated.

We need to get the national media on this. I am stunned no one is reporting about Teghan except local news.

THANK YOU

Tricia, I have been screaming about the disregard of national media coverage from Day One of this trial. It was suggested by a local reporter that this murder is too horrendous for national coverage. The very fact that this murder is horrendous is the very reason this trial should be reported. I am disgusted of the masses refusal to recognize that children are abused and hurt on a daily basis by the very people who are supposed to protect them. Teghan's death could have been prevented. Get your heads out of the sand, people....:banghead::banghead:
sorry for the rant. This case is making me crazy.:tantrum::tantrum:

Grandma and Grandpa just looked away from what was going on in their own backyard.
They knew that their grandson was a violent nut job. They knew that this 4 year old child should not have been living in the conditions she was in their backyard!
I have to wonder how many times this child prayed for ANYONE to help her?
Her mama, her grandparents? While this sicko tortured her for 10 days.
I'm not going to cut any slack for ANY of the adults involved in this... Including great Grandma and Grand dad.
They ALL failed her.
Great grandma feels bad? I hope she feels bad for the rest of her living days.
She could have saved this 4 year old, many times.
My opinion

I wouldn't allow someone to keep a dog in my shed, let alone a child!

Grandma and Grandpa just looked away from what was going on in their own backyard.
They knew that their grandson was a violent nut job. They knew that this 4 year old child should not have been living in the conditions she was in their backyard!
I'm not going to cut any slack for ANY of the adults involved in this... Including great Grandma and Grand dad.
They ALL failed her.
My opinion
Hi, Kali . . .
The grandmother who testified on Monday is Helen Parish Creech, Jonathan Richardson's grandmother. She and her husband were no relation to Teghan Skiba.

Per her testimony today (in TWC article up-thread), what it boils down to . . . she just walked away! :tantrum: Perhaps if she had intervened, Teghan would be alive today.

I guess Creech thought is was acceptable for her grandson and Teghan's mother, Helen Reyes, to live in a shed with a 4 year old child with no running water, toilet, etc.

Creech knew the kind of person her grandson is and I doubt she had no suspicion that there was abuse going on when Teghan had a black eye. She believed Helen Reyes when Reyes said Teghan fell down!

Also, when Creech went to invite Richardson and Teghan for lunch, she noticed poop on the doorstep like someone had diarrhea and did not even bother to check into it. She could have demanded that Richardson bring Teghan out of that shed so she could see her. Creech walked away from that shed and never went back to check on Teghan.

Disgusting! <modsnip> Maybe she agreed to testify against her grandson, Jonathan Richardson, if no charges were filed against her. Just speculating here.

Good Morning Folks! So this trial doesnt have any live streams? Thanks.

Good Morning Folks! So this trial doesnt have any live streams? Thanks.
Good morning, Sozwald!

There is no live stream of the trial. Due to the nature of the crime involving a 4 year old child (horrific, gruesome pics, details, etc.) the presiding judge is not allowing a live stream. He did allow a live stream of the Opening Statements.

Per Kelli O'Hara, reporter for WTVD - Raleigh, NC, last week she tweeted that the Judge will allow a "live" stream for Closing Statemets and the jury decision. She indicated that is weeks away though because the trial is expected to last up to 6 weeks.

So . . . we are following this trial via Twitter from 2 Raleigh, NC reporters and updates from WRAL, WTVD and TWC (Time Warner Cable - Raleigh) . . . all from Raleigh, NC.

Heather Moore &#8207;@HeatherMooreNow 2h

#JonathanRichardson capital murder trial followers: court delayed until 11am due to icy roads. Former CSI back on stand today. #TeghanSkiba

Shame on grandmother!!!!!!

She could have saved Teghan.

hope, for the remainder of her life, she is haunted with the image of Teghan and the knowledge she is partially responsible for the child's murder. No doubt the PT gave her immunity for testifying against her SOB grandson.

I think I am going to need therapy before this freekin trial is over!

THANK YOU

I have sent messages to CNN, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, and of course all our local news here in the Raleigh area. Just don't know what else to do?

They ALL failed her.
My opinion

I agree totally, but just to be clear, these adults who didn't report her were JR's grandparents, not Teghan's. Teghans paternal grandparents didn't know where she was. Helen Reyes, Teghan's mother, took her away from her own mother, Teghan's maternal grandmother, and the Skiba grandparents, Teghan's paternal grandparents. These people, Wade & Helen Creech, were JR.'s grandparents. Absolutely no relation to little Teghan. When this first happened, here locally, we were literally screaming for charges to be brought against these homeowners, the Creech couple, JR's grandparents. Nobody could believe they didn't know she was living there in the shed with JR. But we were repeatedly led to believe JR's grand parents "didn't know the child was in their shed." Led to believe that by everyone from their minister to Sheriff Bizzel. :banghead:

Hi, Kali . . .
The grandmother who testified on Monday is Helen Parish Creech, Jonathan Richardson's grandmother. She and her husband were no relation to Teghan Skiba.

Per her testimony today (in TWC article up-thread), what it boils down to . . . she just walked away! :tantrum: Perhaps if she had intervened, Teghan would be alive today.

I guess Creech thought is was acceptable for her grandson and Teghan's mother, Helen Reyes, to live in a shed with a 4 year old child with no running water, toilet, etc.

Creech knew the kind of person her grandson is and I doubt she had no suspicion that there was abuse going on when Teghan had a black eye. She believed Helen Reyes when Reyes said Teghan fell down!

Also, when Creech went to invite Richardson and Teghan for lunch, she noticed poop on the doorstep like someone had diarrhea and did not even bother to check into it. She could have demanded that Richardson bring Teghan out of that shed so she could see her. Creech walked away from that shed and never went back to check on Teghan.

Disgusting! <modsnip> Maybe she agreed to testify against her grandson, Jonathan Richardson, if no charges were filed against her. Just speculating here.

IMO, by none of the media focusing on this, it ends up simply being another horrendous child abuse case here in N.C., swept under the rug. Where are the fighters for Teghan? This case didn't happen in a vacuum here in N.C. It came shortly after the death of Shaniya Davis, given by her mother in payment to her drug dealer. And I'm sorry, can't recall the name of that Austrailian girl??? What was her name?? The one who's step mother killed her. The little girl with only one leg who's survived cancer??? Someone help me with her name, my mind is a blank this morning I'm so MAD. How many children have to suffer such horrendous deaths right here in North Carolina before somebody who could have helped them is held accountable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member