NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not bashing the state - disclaimer.
Maybe because of the location of the witnesses? many of them seem to be responding to the state's questions as if it's the first time they've ever heard them. Perhaps they were not available for "debriefing", but it is unfortunate. It appears less than convincing evidence at times because of their seemingly "ya - whatever" attitude.
I am hoping for stronger witness to come. This must be so hard for the family to listen to what seems at times, a shoulder shrug from the wits.

His report is admitted as evidence - pix attached. First (not shown) is of Janet in death. Transfer stains.
Close up of Janet's shirt - saturation stain.
Next- Janet's left hand. More transfer staining of blood.
Next - pic of Janet turned over. Lack of blood on victim's shirt in the back. Blood flow testimony.
Shows she bled when she was FACE DOWN.
Next - lower half of Janet's body. S. wall blood spatter. Low on wall - castoff spatter.
Next - E wall - pix of wall shown - castoff again.
Pix shown desktop - shows the castoff spatter on desk.
Pic shown - cabinet in office - low spatter - castoff.
Pic shown - door opens in front of desk - Good diagram of the scene shown about the 30:00 min marker.
I think he's saying the door on the desk was open at time of death, but closed at the scene.
Image 0078 - spatter on wall - low to floor. Spatter on carpet - DRIP stain. Blood falling from an object.
0069 - Not shown - Janet and the spatter right beside her. Lack of blood in the resto of room - blood confined to area around Janet

Image 0073 - not shown - lower half of Janet's body.
0050 - door jam lower level - blood stain on door jam.
0146 - blood stain on floor of Master Bath. deposited by someone after Janet's death
Photo of cell phone - transfer blood stains.
Image ? -transfer blood stain to Kaiden's blanket.
Kaiden's onesie -Much blood - seems to be right hand print in blood. Not consistent with picking up Kaiden.
Mvc-007s - same onesie belonging to Kaiden. Long shot of blood hand print. No blood on it except the handprint.
Mvc-006S - Kaiden's blanket.
0272 - Raven sweatshirt. transfer stains.
DSC0006 - Right shirt sleeve of Raven's sweatshirt - transfer stain. Heavier blood here
IMG - 1237 - same sweatshirt inside out - one stain seemed diluted. None of the blood
stains went through to the inside.
Morning break.

I'm not sure how to spell "onesie". The all in one garment Kaiden was wearing that we mothers are all familiar with. One piece that snaps at the crotch. Kaiden's was white and blue horizontal striped. And soooooo small. Sad face.

Image 0050 is the blood stain on the downstairs doorjamb of the door nearest the vehicles - not the front door. This is the stain I believe the defense wants us to believe was put there by the "neighborhood coin robber".

What do you the the importance of Kaiden's onesie is? What are they implying? One hand print....not consistent with picking him up.

If anyone else is watching, please feel free to correct any testimony I have written. My fingers are a little stiff this AM, and I may have missed something, or mistyped.

I like this testimony. It is factually based, and he explains the pix and basics of blood spatter well.

So.....Janet was stabbed in the front - fell forward - died that way - remained that way for a period of time - THEN was rolled to her back.
Could Raven have left her lying on her stomach after he killed her before soccer , only turning her over when he got home? Wasn't his testimony that she was ...?? kneeling, or crouched?, but for some reason I got the impression she wasn't lying on her stomach.
Does anyone recall the position of Janet's body Raven says he found?

Image 0050 is the blood stain on the downstairs doorjamb of the door nearest the vehicles - not the front door. This is the stain I believe the defense wants us to believe was put there by the "neighborhood coin robber".

yeah right!! I hope PT can make their claim look far-fetched. We all know it was made by Raven coming back in the house.

I'm still struggling with when he killed her. I'm beginning to feel he caught her looking at financial items in the desk and that's where he killed her. Her saying "I can't do this again" makes me think she was going to leave him......and he stopped her, stopped her dead in her tracks.

God bless Janet

His conclusion - Janet face down for a long period of time. Scene orderly except around Janet. Concentrated event. No struggle.
Chest- Janet's left hand impression. No movement in handprint. Her hand had little or no movement. Kaiden's onsie - transfer stain - right hand blood stain. Not placed in a position where you would [pick up a child.
Raven's sweatshirt - light transfer stains indicates minimal contact with blood. Does not think Raven's s shirt was in contact with Janet.
Handprint on Kaiden's onsie - right hand impression in blood - a little movement - not much.
No heavy deposit of blood on s shirt. Transfer stain. Did Raven hug Janet according to the blood stains? NO
Cross examination.

Thank you JJ so much for your summaries of this morning thus far. I have had too many interruptions to pay attention to the testimony for more than a couple of minutes at the time.

His conclusion - Janet face down for a long period of time. Scene orderly except around Janet. Concentrated event. No struggle.
Chest- Janet's left hand impression. No movement in handprint. Her hand had little or no movement. Kaiden's onsie - transfer stain - right hand blood stain. Not placed in a position where you would [pick up a child.
Raven's sweatshirt - light transfer stains indicates minimal contact with blood. Does not think Raven's s shirt was in contact with Janet.
Handprint on Kaiden's onsie - right hand impression in blood - a little movement - not much.
No heavy deposit of blood on s shirt. Transfer stain. Did Raven hug Janet according to the blood stains? NO
Cross examination.

So did he say that he thought it was JANET'S left handprint on her chest??

Defense.
state's exhibit 159 and 158, and 156. Not shown. Concentration of blood.
Are you trained to avoid contact with blood sources? YES
Instinct to avoid blood if you see it (in your home)? Well ....ya
Saturation of blood below Janet's left arm. ex 159 - left hand print of Janet.

Sorry - don't know what he's getting at here.........this is me - not testimony.

Her face came in contact with blood source.
Hair matted to Janet's face. (OMG - this must be hard for the family)
Different methods of CSI - please clarify question -
Witness confused with this questioning.
Preserve crime scene? Yes, of course.
Wit reviewed LE interviews, ect. That is not cited in his report.
What do you need to photograph? Baby clothes pix show only one side? Prefer to see the entire garment? (Inferring he didn't do his job competently.
Could the handprint on Kaiden's onsie be from repositioning a hand?

DANG - lost feed.

UGHHHHHHHHH ASD;FLKAJSD;FLAJK can WRAL get it together with the video issues??? Good Grief!!!!!!

UGHHHHHHHHH ASD;FLKAJSD;FLAJK can WRAL get it together with the video issues??? Good Grief!!!!!!

I know what you mean. All of these weird issues this week are giving me a bad feeling about this trial. I hope and pray an abundance of solid evidence will soon solidify the case for the prosecution. I will breathe easier.

So did he say that he thought it was JANET'S left handprint on her chest??
No. I apologize. He simply said handprint - I made an assumption. Later, a question about where the person was located whose handprint was on Janet made it clear it was not Janet's. Sorry.

I've sort of only been half watching this one. (As opposed to the other trials in the area of the last few years). I've been fascinated by some of the other horrible ones unfolding as well.

Anyone got a feel as to what took so long for the arrest? I know a lot of the folks in Durham's DA office were wrapped up, but I can't see what might have been uncovered down the road, etc. I mean, they exhumed her really late, also, right?

Hi JF! I'm worthless with respect to the RA trial this week. I have had too many other things going on, interruptions, work, etc. that I haven't had as much time to spend watching/thinking/absorbing the testimony as I would have liked. So far, there has been nothing...no ah ha moments, no surprises, just rather boring 'lay down the basics' testimony from LE and others. The one ongoing message from an overwhelming majority of friends of R and J A. is that she was afraid of him and he treated her badly, emotionally. We are just now getting into the blood evidence a little bit and the stream from WRAL just went out so who knows if we will be able to watch this afternoon or not. Ugh!

Thanks, JJ! Your analysis is so helpful - I've had so many distractions this morning!

I am SO SO SO annoyed with WRAL's feed issues. Why aren't we getting this?!

11:33 AM we're back!!

Talking about hair forcibly removed. 3 stages of hair growth.

state exhibit 294 -2 hair samples sent to lab for DNA

Reports back -
Shoot that's all from her. On to cross.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member