Found Deceased NC - Weston Vandermerwe, 23, Raleigh, 9 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to admit this one feels like it might be foul play. I am slightly suspicious of the later sightings of him.

I realize it's possible he wandered that far on foot and got hit--although technically still foul play if a hit and run.

Edit: I was typing this as Zelma was reporting the "jumped" info, waiting for more info.

Is it actually near a bridge or overpass one could "jump" from? That part is still speculation for the moment, right?

Is it actually near a bridge or overpass one could "jump" from? That part is still speculation for the moment, right?

Yes, a bridge. Total speculation. Mom said someone was measuring from the bridge to the ground.

Yes, a bridge. Total speculation. Mom said someone was measuring from the bridge to the ground.

Very interesting, thank you.

I wonder if someone got him into a car and tossed him out.

I realize the argument w/gf could possibly be a trigger if he was already suicide-prone. I realize also that you never know who might be thinking about it. Gut tells me foul play, given reports of how incapacitated he was, and given that the place he ended up makes it seem like he was in a vehicle at some point.

All speculation and JMO.

(O/t: looking at comments on huffpo article, I didn't know "smiley face killer" was so well known outside WS types.)

bbm - if they've left does that mean it's not Weston?

My thought was more that his family is from Apex so they may have taken the missing persons report.

No idea though.

The crazy thing is, Mom had no idea I was following this case. She had no idea this guy was missing, just happened to be in town.

Perhaps the fight with his girlfriend resulted in him binge-drinking after she left in a huff. This could result in him becoming very intoxicated, very quickly.

I have also known two guys roughly the same age who were roofied. I know this is typically a bigger possibility with women, but it does happen to men too.

I hope the body is not him... sounds like the sightings at the shelter gave his family hope and I would hate for that to be ripped away from them.

Oh no, it's Weston. WRAL.com just reported it. :(

WTVD also: Weston Michael Vandemerwe, 23, had been reported missing Sunday afternoon. His death is being investigated as a hit-and-run collision.

RIP. :( I see it on Breaking News there, but no details.

I don't get local cases often, and I was hoping this guy would turn up.

Oh, I didn't see the hit and run thing. Yeah, I had a feeling there was criminal involvement (as mentioned upthread). I hope they can find who hit him.

Oh no, it's Weston. WRAL.com just reported it. :(

WTVD also: Weston Michael Vandemerwe, 23, had been reported missing Sunday afternoon. His death is being investigated as a hit-and-run collision.

Horrible news! Rest in peace young Weston.

Oh boy.
If it was a hit and run, I can only hope he died quickly and not had to suffer for hours. In hit and run accidents, the least the drivers could do is place an anonymous 911 call. It would be a much heavier burden if they learn the victim could've been saved.

I just need to be emotional here, so bear with me. How could anyone hit a pedestrian and just keep going? What kind of human being would be so cruel??!

RIP Weston. My heart breaks for your mother, brothers and loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back