GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

rainynights

Reaction score
Raleigh police say they are investigating after a man who went to sell his SUV Saturday vanished afterwards.

William “Andy” Banks, 39, of Raleigh went to the K&W Cafeteria parking lot in Cameron Village Saturday to meet someone about selling his 2011 silver Range Rover, according to friends and family.

Banks, who also works in Raleigh, was last seen around 2 p.m. in the Cameron Village area.

andy-banks.jpg range-rover-credit-mark-banks-1.jpg

Police investigate after family, friends report Raleigh man missing | CBS 17

Andy Banks is a good friend of ours and this is absolutely devastating news. Cameron Village is a very nice area of town too.

It sounds like he met them and I imagine they went on a test drive for the vehicle and at that point they had him.

What is the incentive for a crime like this?

Andy Banks is a good friend of ours and this is absolutely devastating news. Cameron Village is a very nice area of town too.

It sounds like he met them and I imagine they went on a test drive for the vehicle and at that point they had him.

What is the incentive for a crime like this?
Stolen Range Rover.
A Range Rover is worth more in parts.

Last edited:
If he was paid, how was he supposed to return home? Unless, the person was taking him back to his residence and who would do that? Of course paying him and them driving him home would allow the person to do something nefarious and take the money back but how did he pay that is traceable if a credit card transaction there are cameras. Other than cash which is not traceable there should be video. How was the other person arriving at the scene? So many questions.

If he was paid, how was he supposed to return home? Unless, the person was taking him back to his residence and who would do that? Of course paying him and them driving him home would allow the person to do something nefarious and take the money back but how did he pay that is traceable if a credit card transaction there are cameras. Other than cash which is not traceable there should be video. How was the other person arriving at the scene? So many questions.
How does Venmo work?
His last Venmo transaction says 20 hours ago so that would be about the same time he was meeting to sell his suv.

Hi what is the Millard reference referring to?
Hi Jeepguy- welcome to WS. Millard was a serial killer who murdered a man while on a “test drive” for a private auto sale. I am sincerely sorry about your friend, Andy Banks. Did his Range Rover have GPS location; has LE found the car?
Dellen Millard and Mark Smich - Wikipedia

William Andy Banks, who goes by "Andy," was last seen Saturday around 2 p.m. on Woodburn Road in the Cameron Village area. Banks' friends told WRAL News he buys and sells cars on the side and was in the area to meet a buyer.

Banks stands about 6 feet tall and was last seen wearing blue Patagonia shorts, a gray shirt with a picture of a mountain on the front and flip flops.

Raleigh police looking for man last seen near Cameron Village :: WRAL.com

If he buys and sells cars frequently, that activity doesn’t show up on his Venmo. It’s typical to get a cashiers check (especially for a $15k car) and then sign over the title and have it notarized. Both of those things typically happen at a bank. And there is basically every branch of banks at Cameron Village, and it’s a very public space so I can see that being a good meeting spot.

if by any chance this could be a voluntary disappearance, I’d immediately check all of the flights out of RDU airport from 2pm through the end of the day Saturday and contact the airlines to see if they can help.

I live in Raleigh and am just a little bit older than Andy. I don’t know him but if I can be of any help to the family and friends please let me know.

If he buys and sells cars frequently, that activity doesn’t show up on his Venmo. It’s typical to get a cashiers check (especially for a $15k car) and then sign over the title and have it notarized. Both of those things typically happen at a bank. And there is basically every branch of banks at Cameron Village, and it’s a very public space so I can see that being a good meeting spot.

if by any chance this could be a voluntary disappearance, I’d immediately check all of the flights out of RDU airport from 2pm through the end of the day Saturday and contact the airlines to see if they can help.

I live in Raleigh and am just a little bit older than Andy. I don’t know him but if I can be of any help to the family and friends please let me know.
If there is a lien on it, then the lienholder signs off after the loan is paid off.
So, if he still owed money on a car loan, the bank would have to sign off also.
Not sure if the bank would be open or not to have it paid off and then lien signed off and notarized.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back