NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimberly,
I just did screen captures of all the pics of Zahra that were on that MySpace.
Didn't think to do the whole page with all SM's info but I will now! Thanks!
Thanks. I've never learned how to do that.

But, everytime I see something like this MS page, I want to do it because we all know how quickly things go "poof" on the internet while sleuthing a case.

Thanks Amity!!!!

You know, I thought it was really rude for that writer in Portland to refer to Kyron's family as a "freak show"...

Now this stepmom is another story...

I'm thinking it's more than just the SM, I think Dad's involved too.

Honestly, the last time I have felt this hopeless in a case was for poor little Shaniya. The parade of charecters surrounding that poor little girl were as shady as they come. Those surrounding Zahra do not seem much better. It makes me ill.

Yep, and in the same state.
Prior DSS reports (IIRC).

Does anyone know what dad does for a living? Is he a truck driver?

Caldwell County Schools spokeswoman Libby Brown said Zahra was not enrolled in their school system this year, but she was enrolled at Granite Falls and Hudson Elementary the previous two school years.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Thanks, I've now added these to my map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=104702944048224668931.0004925b16f6302ffba91

You may have to zoom out so that you can see the area north of Hickory to see where Granite Falls, Sawmills, and Hudson are, for those of you not familiar.

The annoyed status could have been there for a week, a month or a year. You have to change the status manually. My status on myspace (which I never use but do sign in to check messages on occasion) has been the same for months. I just don't think to change it.
I realize that, but if it was him who logged in (and not LE) what was the purpose and why not change it in light of his daughter being missing? At this point however I am hoping it was LE logging into both accounts this weekend. MOO

Zahra was not reported missing until Saturday afternoon, hours after a fire was reported in the Baker's backyard.

Adam said he was dealing with firefighters and did not know Zahra was missing until Elisa Baker came to him in a panic. Zahra was gone with her prosthetic leg, but her hearing aid remained.

"She didn't know very much. She came out crying and panicking. She told me Zahra was gone," Baker told "GMA." Baker said he searched the house and then the block before calling the police.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-hickory-girl-zahra-bakers-mom-involved-dad/story?id=11848643&page=1

Did she say if she saw the ransom note before she panicked? Otherwise it makes no sense IMO for a parent of a mobile, not mentally handicapped ten year old to panic straight away if she's gone out in the middle of a day, especially if there is something exciting such as firefighters going on in the back yard. You'd at least ask if anyone's seen her or if she told anyone where she was going until you start screaming.

Nancy Grace is supposed to cover Zahra tonight. It is not on her page, but they said she would on HLN.

Okay... as far as the step mother's disturbing myspace. She hasn't logged into it since October 8th.

She put "The Dark Child!!! lol" underneath this picture of Zahra all in black. She didn't write about her as the dark child as though she was evil. She always referred to her as Zahra or her youngest daughter.

88557559.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/gothicfairy6668/photos/16939445

If we are going to judge the step mother on these disturbing things on her myspace... then there is a list of people here...

Zahra's step brother has purple hair and wears all black or skulls on his shirt.

His fiance or wife wears all black and has "blood red" and black hair.

A lot of family appears to share the step mothers style and gothic taste. So while I agree it's odd for a 42 year old woman, I don't think that really matters...unless we suspect all of the family who share those traits.

I also thought that the friend who has been interviewed, (Kayla I believe)...had a rather interesting/disturbing myspace herself. Wow. I'm quite sure if I kept looking, there would be more disturbing things in other friend's my space pages as well.

Just because someone logged into Adam's myspace account on 10/10/10 does not mean they changed his mood that day.

Last Login: 10/10/2010

It does not say when the mood was changed.

He could have been logging in to make sure there was no messages about Zahra.

It also could have been him logging in FOR detectives, without them having a warrant.

It could have been detectives with a warrant.

The mood could be from a year ago. A lot of people forget that is even there. It's not like my space comes up with a big red banner that flashes and says "Change your mood!!!" If you are there for a specific purpose, you aren't going to notice that. Mine hasn't changed since 2008.

I have a really bad feeling about this.
As to the chained pit bulls remark... A chained dog is no problem. Stay out of the chain radius,they can't get you. The remark about them "whining at the search dogs" makes me think of trained fighting dogs..
This child could have been missing for months,but if so,why bring it to LE attention now??

ransom note and indications of human remains were found at the home of a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl, according to a search warrant obtained by News 14 Carolina on Monday.

A fire was reported at the Baker family home around 5:30 a.m. Saturday. During the investigation, police found the note on one of the cars someone tried to set on fire. The note said, ”Mr Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control. We have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked. One million unmarked will be in touch soon.”

Mr Coffey owns the home the Bakers live in and he doesn't have a son. Police would not answer questions about that note.

Police seized two cars from the home and K9s gave a positive alert for the presence of human remains.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...nts--ransom-note-found-at-missing-girl-s-home

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-hickory-girl-zahra-bakers-mom-involved-dad/story?id=11848643&page=1

Did she say if she saw the ransom note before she panicked? Otherwise it makes no sense IMO for a parent of a mobile, not mentally handicapped ten year old to panic straight away if she's gone out in the middle of a day, especially if there is something exciting such as firefighters going on in the back yard. You'd at least ask if anyone's seen her or if she told anyone where she was going until you start screaming.
Also from the link:
"Adam said he was dealing with firefighters and did not know Zahra was missing until Elisa Baker came to him in a panic."

The fire was at 5:00am and she allegedly came running out of the house approximately an hour or so before LE was called at 2:00pm. The two events are many hours apart. :waitasec: MOO

Just thought I would add this to the mix, haven't seen it mentioned yet.

Following clues from SM's myspace, looks like dad and she met online via IMVU. (see this link http://www.myspace.com/gothicfairy6668/photos/17113501#a=0&i=14373268 which shows their avatars, with the caption "Adam and Me on IMVU, way back when")

Here's more info on IMVU:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMVU[/ame]

I never thought the dogs didn't ALERT. Just that they didn't FIND a body. The dogs alerting doesn't mean they found something.

I have a really bad feeling about this.
As to the chained pit bulls remark... A chained dog is no problem. Stay out of the chain radius,they can't get you. The remark about them "whining at the search dogs" makes me think of trained fighting dogs..
This child could have been missing for months,but if so,why bring it to LE attention now??

If they were Beagles, or Golden Retrievers, or German Shepherds.... then what would the "whining at the search dogs" make us think of??

When my daughter was missing for 30 minutes...my Beagle was whining and yelping to get outside. She led me straight to her as soon as I let her out.

What if these dogs just wanted to show these people where to go?

Pit bulls or not, they are still the family dog. If they saw that fire in the backyard... they may have seen something else. They may lead cops straight to something if given the chance.

I imagine if they were not pit bulls, that would probably be what people would be thinking...whining doesn't sound like fighting dogs to me. They would be barking and growling if they wanted to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc