NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!! A truly innocent or ignorant of the facts parent would be looking into the camera saying "Zahra I love you and I'll find you! Hang on for Daddy!!":banghead:

I agree!

When I was 10 (early 80's) I was kidnapped by my non-custodial parent. Not only did my dad have my picture posted on tv, newspapers, milk cartons, etc, but he hired a PI to find me since LE was not very helpful! After I got back home, other family members told me he was hysterical the first few months and walked around crying off/on (this was a man who NEVER showed emotion EVER).

I just don't understand how a child can go missing and the parents talk about it like they are discussing what they had for dinner last night!

I'm not sure I follow. Can you explain a bit?

It bothers me to see people say things like hook AB privates up to a car battery, hoping EB get beat up in jail- that kind of thing. It just seems wrong when talking about abuse.

I said it was probably just me so no one needs agree-

and please know I wasn't singling anyone out there have been dozens of posts wishing harm on the SM and father my old brain just can't remember them all.

I think because of all the bad checks and drug dealing accusations he wouldn't pass even if he was 100% innocent in whatever happened to Zahra.

I guess it is just me, but it really bothers me to see people wishing pain and torture on those involved in a case like this, it just illustrates why parents resort to violence- violence is an accepted reaction in out society- don't want to offend anyone it is just my point of view- but I honestly believe things will never change in this country until violence is not longer our first impulse in life.

It's just the frustration talking.........a way to deal, no one really means it.

That would probably be all five for me. I went from sitting at my desk last night to sitting in bed with the significant other, watching tv. I was watching Nancy Grace and reading here on my cell. So to get my attention he put on The First 48 on A&E. After fifteen minutes of my telling him what the detectives were going to say, before they said it, he got a little bent out of shape and turned it to Criminal Minds. I accidentally said, out loud "you're going to watch that garbage? It's fiction." Whoops, I slipped, okay?

He said it was going to be 100% REALITY TV when he pitched my phone and my computer in the dumpster. He bet me $1000 if he dumped them in some random dumpster, even I couldn't find them.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL. He told me he'd do it, but he'd be afraid I'd keel over from withdrawals.

I can almost hear the conversations our spouses/significant others would have if they all got together LOL

It bothers me to see people say things like hook AB privates up to a car battery, hoping EB get beat up in jail- that kind of thing. It just seems wrong when talking about abuse.

and please know I wasn't singling anyone out there have been dozens of posts wishing harm on the SM and father my old brain just can't remember them all.

I agree with this.

I also think AB is being 100% truthful (though I have stated it many times already) this video really does confirm it to me.

The entire video someone off camera is telling him to come with them or asking him something. At one point he says he "has to go with them." or something along those lines (he kinda mumbles) I do not think he is looking away from the reporter -- he's just being pulled in 2 directions.

I also think he's probably on auto-pilot. My guess is he likely isn't sleeping or eating right and emotionally and mentally he is completely worn out. He looks like he is for sure. I think I'd be a complete basket case for the first few days if I were him, but after that I'd start to shut down especially operating on limited sleep and HIGH HIGH distress.

i removed it. sorry.

taking a long break.

If those posts are posted here on WS. They are in violation of TOS. Mods can't be everywhere so they rely on us to notify them when there is a problem with a post so that they can review it and either alter it or delete it.

I haven't seen any here but I haven't read every post on all of Zahra's threads and I may have missed it.

FWIW, alerting is not tattling LOL :) Our moderators are why we are the best crime forum on this internet IMHO.

That would probably be all five for me. I went from sitting at my desk last night to sitting in bed with the significant other, watching tv. I was watching Nancy Grace and reading here on my cell. So to get my attention he put on The First 48 on A&E. After fifteen minutes of my telling him what the detectives were going to say, before they said it, he got a little bent out of shape and turned it to Criminal Minds. I accidentally said, out loud "you're going to watch that garbage? It's fiction." Whoops, I slipped, okay?

He said it was going to be 100% REALITY TV when he pitched my phone and my computer in the dumpster. He bet me $1000 if he dumped them in some random dumpster, even I couldn't find them.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL. He told me he'd do it, but he'd be afraid I'd keel over from withdrawals.

OMG Shutterfly... is there a website where our sig others are conspiring to lure us away from WS with plans like "turn on The First 48 and wait for a response"? Mine did something VERY similar last night!

I agree!

When I was 10 (early 80's) I was kidnapped by my non-custodial parent. Not only did my dad have my picture posted on tv, newspapers, milk cartons, etc, but he hired a PI to find me since LE was not very helpful! After I got back home, other family members told me he was hysterical the first few months and walked around crying off/on (this was a man who NEVER showed emotion EVER).

I just don't understand how a child can go missing and the parents talk about it like they are discussing what they had for dinner last night!

people compartmentalize things.

I use to wonder how my mother could pick a man over her kids,how she could send us away when we got in the way- i'm older and now I know she re-writes history.
In her mind my grandparents made her give me to them rather than she wanted her new husband more than me.
The human mind is a master trickster, it will protect you from yourself.
(by the way while she was a horrible mother, someone who should never of had kids really - she is a Wonderful grandmother)

It is just that - talk. A way to cope with the grief everyone feels for this poor child who was never given the consideration or due process her parents will be given. Why? Because we live in a civilized world and it's what we do. It's what separates us from them. We talk, they 'act'.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hU9iOe4EMjRy22S-1MlaSaqJa4jw?docId=2d8a1f66e30c4181be8d3c28dfd11cc7

girl.

"This whole thing is just so tragic," said Caldwell County school district spokeswoman Libby Brown.

Last year, Brown said, Zahra and a friend picked up litter around the school and later told the principal they were going to start an environmental club in the fall.

"They were so thrilled about it. They were so enthused. They wanted to do something to beautify the school," Brown said.

Then Zahra told the principal he should head up the club because he would "be a great president."

Investigators return to Zahra Baker's N.C. home
Friday, Oct. 15, 2010

"There is not going to be a spot here unturned," said detective David South of the Burke County Sheriff's Office. "I want to find her. I don't want her to be out here. I want some closure."

Burke Sheriff John McDevitt said the goal was to rule out the area in their search for Zahra.

"When we leave here today, it'll be done one way or another," he said.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/15/1481507/investigators-return-to-zahra.html

"One way or another"
- I wonder what that means exactly?

It seems like LE is doing an excellent job. I'm so glad so many people care for Zahra, and love her. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem her "parents" are those people.

people compartmentalize things.

I use to wonder how my mother could pick a man over her kids,how she could send us away when we got in the way- i'm older and now I know she re-writes history.
In her mind my grandparents made her give me to them rather than she wanted her new husband more than me.
The human mind is a master trickster, it will protect you from yourself.
(by the way while she was a horrible mother, someone who should never of had kids really - she is a Wonderful grandmother)

Sad but very true.

Investigators return to Zahra Baker's N.C. home
Friday, Oct. 15, 2010

"There is not going to be a spot here unturned," said detective David South of the Burke County Sheriff's Office. "I want to find her. I don't want her to be out here. I want some closure."

Burke Sheriff John McDevitt said the goal was to rule out the area in their search for Zahra.

"When we leave here today, it'll be done one way or another," he said.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/15/1481507/investigators-return-to-zahra.html

"One way or another"
- I wonder what that means exactly?

I took the "one way or another" to mean either they were going to find her or they will have searched every inch of the area and know she isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico