NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe him at all. There's a huge difference between his demeanor and that of someone truly innocent, like Mark Lunsford.

I agree. His eyes looked shifty to me. No emotion, tho' he could be numb...
I just felt he was lying the minute I saw him.

Haven't been able to post on Zahra - I never thought a case would upset me more than Ethan Stacey, but this one has.

Exactly! Regardless of the disappearance, how can an entire county know about the abuse but somehow you didn't *see* anything? And now that you *know* about the abuse, you still "don't know" if your wife was involved?? Please. Mark Hormon didn't think twice about filing for divorce and kicking his prized wife out of the house, despite "proof" of his son's dead body. AB looks 'concerned' and 'worried', but that's because he knows his freedom is limited.

ITA, but it's Kaine Horman, not Mark Hormon. And there's no solid proof that Kyron is dead, but everyone knows that he probably is.

Also, AB is sounding more like a coward by the second. Does he really think he's fooling anyone? What a jerk!

Watch the video of AB with no sound. I don't think he looks concerned about much of anything. Without sound, it's easy to imagine that this reporter stopped a random stranger at the end of their driveway to ask him if it rained last night.

I don't either-there's HINK all over that man. Where's the desperation? My gosh I think I've seen more emotion and desperation from everyone who's posted here than on that interview!! :banghead:
If you don't think or know either way if your wife has something to do with Zahra missing-where is a plea to the perp who may have her?:waitasec:

That's right. Where is the plea? AB is way too nonchalant about the whole thing.

His attitude seems like, "Yeah, I guess my daughter is missing...wife might have something to do with it, but who knows? Oh, well..."

Off topic, do you remember Scott Peterson laughing it up at the New Year's Eve vigil for Laci? The detectives were all over that behavior.

ITA, but it's Kaine Horman, not Mark Hormon. And there's no solid proof that Kyron is dead, but everyone knows that he probably is.

Also, AB is sounding more like a coward by the second. Does he really think he's fooling anyone? What a jerk!

Thanks! I didn't think I had his name completely correct but was too lazy to research it :blushing:

Don't be too sure. Plea bargains are a dime a dozen over here, and there's an obvious preferred perp in this case that he's in a position to give oodles of information about. Plus cash-strapped states aren't terribly eager to increase their prison populations, so a plea-bargain-and-deport approach to disposing of AB would be very attractive. Believe me, we don't want to keep him any more than you want him back, and his Australian citizenship definitely tips the balance towards sending him back. You may well get him back much sooner than you imagine (possibly even before anybody goes to trial in this case, with an agreement that he would return to testify). The bright side is that his life in Australia will be quite miserable after all this publicity about his parenting habits.

Your post sent a shiver down my spine. I realised a few days ago the DA's may offer him a plea in exchange for his testimony - I was holding on to the fact that the plea may be in exchange for a reduced sentence - not deportation.

The above scenario you've outlined has me frightened from head to toe as I can see all to clearly it could play out exactly like this.

The only other thing I can think of is the outraged cries from Australian's demanding justice. Whether this would hold any sway with the US justice system I don't know. The Australian public managed to get a longer sentence enforced for wife killer Gabe Watson, who incidentally is set for release and deportation to the US in November - where he will face further charges by the police in Alabama and hopefully a conviction, by the pressure they exerted on the Queensland State Government.

I can imagine there are many people who would welcome his return to this country but only because they would like to get their hands on him - his life would not be worth living here, I can promise you that. Those Northern Queenslanders are a tough bunch of people, they have to be, the thought of how they would welcome him gives me some peace.

I don't believe him at all. There's a huge difference between his demeanor and that of someone truly innocent, like Mark Lunsford.

Where are the tears?

I dunno. Venturing waaaay into stereotypes here, but maybe he isn't from a background/place where it's ok for men to show emotion. And I'm not asking for Ron Cummings-style croc tears. I just want this guy to seem half as upset about this situation as some of us here are who never had the opportunity to meet or know or nurture Zahra. :furious:

Oy....I gotta say he looks and sounds sincere. But with what we know, I just can't believe he is.

His earlier interviews were full of red flags and he almost looks believable here compared to himself.

His response to to the reporter's first question (what would you say...) was rather bland. No desperate plea or anything, he just says he wants to thank everyone for doing what they're doing.

When they ask about his wife's involvement he talks about the guys and looks like he wants to run away. A couple of days ago he said maybe, that was what he was hearing so why is he back to I don't know now?

For some reason he shakes his head no when asked what makes Zahra special.

Good morning WS.

I was wondering about the claim of 'homeschooling'. In Australia there are strict guidelines on removing a child from the school system and providing a home based education. Parents who are serious and dedicated home educators often have education degrees or a dip. ed. (diploma of education).

I'm not buying their claims of home schooling Zahra ... the SM just doesn't fit the mould to me.

Are there regulations or strict guidelines on this in the US?

1) Keep in mind that the only information about Zahra being "homeschooled" comes from a school administrator who called Zahra's home after she failed to show up for the new school year, and was told (not sure if by EB or AB, but I think EB) that they had moved and were "probably going to homeschool" her this year.

Translation: phone rings, EB picks it up and it's the lady from the school -- EB thinks to herself "Oh, cr**! School started already? Obviously I can't send Zahra since she's lying in bed bloodied and bruised. What'll I say?" -- EB says to school lady "We moved out of that district" -- school lady says "Oh, okay, what school is she in now? We'll send her records over -- EB thinks to herself "Oh, cr**! I have no idea what the name of the school here is. What'll I say?" -- EB, thinking quickly, says to school lady "We're probably going to homeschool her this year" -- School lady says "Oh, okay, well have a nice day" and never follows up on the matter.:furious:

Yeah, I'm not sure which one of them I want to strangle first either. But Zahra Baker has nothing whatsoever to do with the matter of homeschooling in the US. The state of North Carolina requires prior notification and various other steps, but none of these requirements were fulfilled and nobody ever checked until police investigating her disappearance looked into it.

2) Homeschooling laws in the US are entirely a state matter (as long as state laws aren't found to violate provisions of the US Constitution), and vary widely from state to state. Some states require absolutely nothing but a simple notification, and IMO that's how it should be, because school authorities and teachers' unions have a million reasons having nothing to do with children's education or welfare for wanting to herd them all into government schools. I haven't seen any indication that there's a correlation between a state's requirements re homeschooling and its average academic achievement or child abuse rate. Most of the children who are murdered or neglected to death at home were either enrolled in public school and attending sporadically until some point when they just stopped showing up, and were never the subject of any parent or guardian's claim (much less formal notice per state requirements) that they were being homeschooled, or were below school age when they died.

Well, keep talking AB. No lawyer yet means you're free game at this point. And that should really scare you.

anyone else notice how he kept looking away? i know if it was the 1st time i was able to talk to the press i would be lookin right in that camera and pouring my heart out...not giving short, half hearted answers IMHO

Exactly!! A truly innocent or ignorant of the facts parent would be looking into the camera saying "Zahra I love you and I'll find you! Hang on for Daddy!!":banghead:

:innocent: That is such lazy garbage reporting by Charlottesville Observer.

How about using their reporters status to get real stories instead of sitting on their duff in front of Facebook all day copying nonfactual comments? That kind of laziness does nothing for this missing child. Just spreads garbage like a virus. What a load of carpola.

I guess unless EB finds her tongue and starts talking we'll never know - but I would like to think that our Angel Zahra stood up for herself right up til the very end!!!!

Oh EB knows where her tongue is, alright. After all, her taste buds are attached to it.

Sorry, I'll behave myself. :mad:

Oy....I gotta say he looks and sounds sincere. But with what we know, I just can't believe he is.

He does to me too teh.

Except....

Just me and my nibbiness here don't mind me :)

Except right before he responds to 2 questions. He's making great eye contact. I can tell he is looking the reporter straight in the face and in the eyes as he's speaking. 10 points for that. 1. His eye movement after the reporter asks him if his wife had anything to do with it (something like that) before he responds.
2. His eye movement after he is asked if he had anything to do with it, before he responds.

That's not scientific LOL. People do wonky things with their eyes all the time no big deal. I just didn't like his change in eye movements and only making those particular eye movements when asked those two particular questions.

But heck what do I know? LOL :D

Where are the tears?

I dunno. Venturing waaaay into stereotypes here, but maybe he isn't from a background/place where it's ok for men to show emotion. And I'm not asking for Ron Cummings-style croc tears. I just want this guy to seem half as upset about this situation as some of us here are who never had the opportunity to meet or know or nurture Zahra. :furious:

I'm not sure any society embraces men who show emotion as a general rule? But I think all bets are off when your child is missing and probably dead. He shouldn't be "in shock" unless he already knows what happened. Right now I think he should be begging the public for help, choking back tears at press conferences, posting flyers & following LE around. You know, you just know when there's room for "benefit of the doubt".. and I just ain't feelin' it.

:innocent: That is such lazy garbage reporting by Charlottesville Observer.

How about using their reporters status to get real stories instead of sitting on their duff in front of Facebook all day copying nonfactual comments? That kind of laziness does nothing for this missing child. Just spreads garbage like a virus. What a load of carpola.

The media is so sloppy anymore. They should be ashamed of themselves.

OT

Paige, Is that your dog by a can of chili????????????????? lmboooooooooo

I agree. His eyes looked shifty to me. No emotion, tho' he could be numb...
I just felt he was lying the minute I saw him.

Haven't been able to post on Zahra - I never thought a case would upset me more than Ethan Stacey, but this one has.

His facial expressions, eyes, EVERYTHING is screaming DECEPTION!!!!

That's all I got to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members