NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motions were filed Monday in Burke and Catawba counties to reduce the bond for Elisa Baker, the only person of interest named the disappearance of her 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra Baker.

Baker is currently under a total bond of $72,200 for two felony charges, including obstruction of justice in connection with the missing girl, but that could be reduced after she faces a judge Wednesday.

Bail bondsman Lloyd Patterson said backing Baker's bond would be an “above average risk,” but if she were to make bond, police can request ankle bracelets to keep track of her.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/631632/attorneys-seek-reduced-bond-for-elisa-baker

((no Lloyd!))

I hope not that haunts me!

So who's blood is in the woodchipper? And the dogs hit on human remains so if not Zahra's who's????

I believe they're now saying it could be blood from an injured worker.

Love your avatar!

Something big made the sherrif go from a missing child to a homecide case, IMO.

The person who reported you missing admitting to writing the ransom note found at your alleged abduction is a big push in the direction that the child is not alive.

So the restaurant near the home was actually a Donut Shop and it was a donut maker that was going to work who noticed "somebody" playing with a lighter on the back steps. That makes sense - donut makers start around 4:30ish in the morning - the fire was reported at 5:09 AM.

Originally Posted by Eileen730
I hope not that haunts me!

So who's blood is in the woodchipper? And the dogs hit on human remains so if not Zahra's who's????

They have ruled out the dog hits on the wood chipper more or less.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

O/T just a reminder.........next LEVI show
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117454"]Levi Page Show 10/18 9 PM ET - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So the restaurant near the home was actually a Donut Shop and it was a donut maker that was going to work who noticed "somebody" playing with a lighter on the back steps. That makes sense - donut makers start around 4:30ish in the morning - the fire was reported at 5:09 AM.

On NG they are saying they searched a dumpster near a restraunt right next to the baker residence!

what would wake EB up to a fire in her back yard at that hour???
Was she up? Did she set the fire???

Motions were filed Monday in Burke and Catawba counties to reduce the bond for Elisa Baker, the only person of interest named the disappearance of her 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra Baker.

Baker is currently under a total bond of $72,200 for two felony charges, including obstruction of justice in connection with the missing girl, but that could be reduced after she faces a judge Wednesday.

Bail bondsman Lloyd Patterson said backing Baker's bond would be an “above average risk,” but if she were to make bond, police can request ankle bracelets to keep track of her.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/631632/attorneys-seek-reduced-bond-for-elisa-baker

((no Lloyd!))

Oh, I hope they are not seriously considering this. I have the feeling EB probably knows how to get out of those ankle bracelets or fool them. No way should her bond be lowered!

Mark K commenting on the missing vehicle YEA YEA YEA

Natisha: 1970 monte carlo - car disappeared around same time Zahra did. Car was seen when they lived in Granite Falls and when they moved to Hickory - not seen again.

Jean C: (about car) 2 cars found at home - Tahoe and Camry but a family friend is saying the monte carlo disappeared around mid sept. Don't know about poly

NG: saying that if he had taken a poly and passed we all would have known that by know. What father doesn't see a child from Thurs to Sat?

Car listed as at residence on search warrant was 05 Chevy Impala so this is yet another car? I am confused now sorry.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807

On NG they are saying they searched a dumpster near a restraunt right next to the baker residence!
Hi and welcome! :) I'd heard that also, but hopefully they are searching near that mobile home park also. MOO

Oh, I hope they are not seriously considering this. I have the feeling EB probably knows how to get out of those ankle bracelets or fool them. No way should her bond be lowered!
I pray she doesn't make bail and I agree, even with ankle bracelets, I wouldn't trust she'd keep them on. MOO

The stepmother of a 10-year-old North Carolina girl reported missing more than a week ago never abused the girl despite allegations from relatives and friends of the family, the woman's attorney said Monday.
Attorney Scott Reilly said that "whatever investigation was done there was never anything substantiated regarding child abuse by Elisa Baker."
"The lady saying they were keeping Zahra in the attic, and they thought it was squirrels, that lady has squirrels in her head," Reilly said. "She had no business saying things that were untrue. Someone else says she was kept in a locked room and only allowed to come out five minutes a day to eat. Those people [reporting that information] should have their media credentials revoked."
Earlier, a relative said that the alleged abuse was reported to the state Department of Social Services but the relative did not know the outcome. The state office said such a report would have been handled by a county office but that the agency is barred from commenting because of strict confidentiality laws.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/18/north.carolina.missing.girl/

Ah, gotta love lawyerese <heavy sarcasm> Translation: There's not abuse that can be PROVEN, not that it didn't actually happen.

Car listed as at residence on search warrant was 05 Chevy Impala so this is yet another car? I am confused now sorry.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807

It's only mentioned on page 6 of the pdf. It's NOT listed in the probably cause statement to get the warrant.

The Monte Carlo would be a fourth car. The Monte Carlo is a car a neighbor said they had at the trailer park and turned up "missing" after the move to Hickory.

If the car was junked/sold, we don't know.

If that car disappeared about the time of the last sighting....that's just wayyyyyyy to big of a co-inky-dink.

New here, but have been lurking for a while. I just want to know how EB flew to Australia, and AB and ZB flew back to the United States with her. That had to cost well over $4,000. The drug business must be paying very well (or some of those hot checks were written to cover the cost of fares).

Ah, gotta love lawyerese <heavy sarcasm> Translation: There's not abuse that can be PROVEN, not that it didn't actually happen. Oh, and those that think it did are just crazy! Tell me, Mr. lawyer, have you looked at your client lately or does she have some sort of spell over you? You are fooling NOBODY. And calling everyone else crazy, hello, kettle? This is pot. YOU'RE BLACK!
I personally cannot wait to see this lawyer at the bond hearing tomorrow. I also wonder if LE will be presenting anything new to keep her right where she is.... this could be a fireworks just like the casey anthony fiasco ((moo))

I was a 911 operator for a couple of years....never had a call where I was asked how I was doing.(If I had, I probably would think the call wasn't a true emergency. Some people were very calm but didn't chit chat) Saying that, maybe AB was reluctant to call 911, didn't think Zahra was really missing, but EB was acting all hysterical so he called to appease her. From what I understand, they hadn't looked for her before calling 911. Is that right?

Thank you! I was hoping that a 911 operator would comment on this.

AB said he looked in the house and round the block before calling 911.

New here, but have been lurking for a while. I just want to know how EB flew to Australia, and AB and ZB flew back to the United States with her. That had to cost well over $4,000. The drug business must be paying very well (or some of those hot checks were written to cover the cost of fares).

Welcome to WS, Meechie_GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member