NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a 911 operator for a couple of years....never had a call where I was asked how I was doing.(If I had, I probably would think the call wasn't a true emergency. Some people were very calm but didn't chit chat) Saying that, maybe AB was reluctant to call 911, didn't think Zahra was really missing, but EB was acting all hysterical so he called to appease her. From what I understand, they hadn't looked for her before calling 911. Is that right?

Actually, I heard Dad said he called some family members, spoke to a neighbour and looked around the block before making the 911 call to report her missing.

All good points, but I don't think he is disabled. Don't let that Northern Queesnland accent fool you. Agree with points B and C.

Yeah, accents can be deceiving IMO. I talk slower and with a lot of twang because I'm southern. But I consider myself to be pretty bright. And some of the smartest people I have met talk a lot like I do. A lot of people joke about us being "slow" because we talk slow.

I'd guess Australia has a lot of different accents too.

Jmo

Actually, I heard Dad said he called some family members, spoke to a neighbour and looked around the block before making the 911 call to report her missing.

BBM

That's interesting....I think he was involved, but let's say he's not for my question. Why would he call family before LE was there something that would have made him think family would have her?

AB may be doing drugs also to be so emotionless at 911 call, at memorial etc.

I admit, that seems quite odd.
The only "reason" I can think of is that he wasn't thinking the worst (ie; she is missing) maybe more along the lines of she wandered off ? ? I dunno. Strange.

I have heard mention of pain pill abuse but I'm starting to wonder if AB isn't either A) Severely disabled B) on valium or like drugs or C) he has her and is hiding her.

I vote B) like on drugs also

I wonder about the convo AB had with EB before he called LE? You can't tell me he didn't ask her.

The note, the fire, the gas/petrol in the cars. Dogs hitting on the cars.

Between the two of them, they know something.

A honest man has no reason to be afraid of a polygraph.

I'm new here, but surely if it was a leafy substance then he would be even more panicked/paranoid

welcome!
I'm thinking more like valium or pain killers or something that makes you numb.........

Oh don't worry, I'm pretty sure LE taped those convos. That's legal in NC, right? (in some states it isn't). No way would they let a conversation between two POIs happen without bugs firmly planted in the walls (or phones, or wherever they put them). I mean if they have all of Casey Anthony's convos in jail with her parents on tape, then they definitely have to have this.

i think this is why they let them talk! ...cause you know they arent the sharpest tools in the shed and will slip up on something! ...and im hoping soon!

I wonder about the convo AB had with EB before he called LE? You can't tell me he didn't ask her.

The note, the fire, the gas/petrol in the cars. Dogs hitting on the cars.

Between the two of them, they know something.

A honest man has no reason to be afraid of a polygraph.

This is why I am so amazed that AB is not in jail also..................

:Welcome-12-june:Laddsy, glad to have you here jump in and join our family.

This is why I am so amazed that AB is not in jail also..................

I trust LE is working the case this moment for a reason. I'd be tempted to lock em both up in the same cell till they make bail.

Here's my thought after reading about the bond lowering, based on watching too many episodes of "Snapped": I think this is a calculated move by LE - this gives LE just enough time to get a warrant to tap her phones. They'll also have surveillance on her 24/7. They let her out and she either a) goes to check on the body or b) if she has an accomplice, they will be the first person she calls. They know she's probably not the brightest bulb. Either way I think they're hoping they'll catch her in a moment of panic and she'll either leading them right to the body or give them a big clue.

Good points, but I'm also afraid she would find a way to disappear. I just don't like the thought of her out on bail. Or even worse, she might flip out and hurt somebody, maybe even her kids or AB. It's tempting to let her out and let her mess up, but I'm thinking the risk might way too high. I shudder at the thought of it.

And y'know, her lawyer would make a great buddy for Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lawyer. Those two are sounding more and more like peas in pod each time EB's lawyer talks! How do lawyers defend people like EB and Casey Anthony ?

I'm wondering if the release of just the first "part" of AB's 911 call is calculated on LE's part. It certainly shows him being very calm. Maybe the next part of the call, once he gets through to the police, is more frantic and hysterical? It could be blatant "proof" that he is in on it, if he waited to be connected before he went on with a performance. Maybe they aren't releasing the second part so they can keep him on his short "free" leash. Or for some reason I haven't thought of .. :cool:

I have a (sorta) random question --

Does anyone know if, in NC, authorities can/might impound or confiscate a car for any of these reasons:

• owner repeatedly caught driving a car with altered registration/tags (or no registration)
  • owner repeatedly caught driving a car with revoked (or no) license - or insurance
  • a court-ordered lien is placed against the car (e.g. to satisfy 'restitution' requirements in a criminal case)
  • owner/driver caught with illegal substance in a traffic stop

?

Anyone know of other scenarios along these lines that could result in a person's car being impounded/confiscated by authorities?

I haven't had a chance to come by and keep up with Zahra the past few days. I did watch NG and wow! That's all I can say! I soooooooo thought she would have been found by now! Precious child - how I wish she would have been taken care of in this world! :(

Don't they have reason to be able to arrest her dad? Why are they keeping him out there? I heard the 911 tape and he seems so "collected".

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

I have two baby girls and this case makes me most sad. My youngest daughter has spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals since birth and has had a few major operations. The pain you go through just seeing your child sick is unbearable so how AB can be so calm through all of this is strange indeed.

Anyway for the person that said pot is supposed to mellow you is correct, but if you throw in a dramatic event when someone is stoned then they flip lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member