Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Agathawannabe :)

Was just going over those records you provided a link for last night. Found a possible connection going to EB's state of mind when Zahra went missing. I'm going to share it with the group for informational purposes.

We've all heard about the theft larceny by employee charge EB had...well here's some court info. Apparently she was served on 10/10/2010, one day after Zahra went missing. I think she went missing on the 9th, maybe the 8th unsure.

Follow the colored pool balls for possible relevant info. It looks like this had originally been scheduled for trial today also. Probably got a continuance. Posted for informational purposes.

caseinfo.jpg

Where was she employed?
I thought it was said at the hearing that she was not employed much.

Excellent point - it is indeed. (Wow, if it turns out that EB was faking the symptoms of lupus, just when I thought I could not like her less, I'd be able to: a favorite writer, Flannery O'Connor, from Georgia, died of lupus at 39, her brilliant career cut way too short.)

I've lived with Lupus for 20 years and it's a disease that does NOT always show outwardly. AH could easily have chosen that disease because she didn't have to look ill to have it. JMHO And there really isn't any cure, just drugs to calm the symptoms. SO she "could" have it forever.

Oh, okay.. however.. I'm pretty sure sleuthers already established a 6-month timeframe in Australia. I don't have any links handy to back that up though. (if memory serves me, something like July - Nov 2008)

Darnudes did a great job of sleuthing that out from EB's myspace acct, among other things. I think the daughter may not have really known or wrongly estimated how long she was there.

I am curious why the prosecutor chose to question Amber! All 3 of EB's kids where there yet only Amber was questioned. I am thankful she told the told truth about her life with EB, in any case!

Hello Agathawannabe :)

Was just going over those records you provided a link for last night. Found a possible connection going to EB's state of mind when Zahra went missing. I'm going to share it with the group for informational purposes.

We've all heard about the theft larceny by employee charge EB had...well here's some court info. Apparently she was served on 10/10/2010, one day after Zahra went missing. I think she went missing on the 9th, maybe the 8th unsure.

Follow the colored pool balls for possible relevant info. It looks like this had originally been scheduled for trial today also. Probably got a continuance. Posted for informational purposes.

caseinfo.jpg

EB was served with a lot of outstanding warrants on October 10th. That's how they took her in. That was just one of them. There was supposed to be a trial for it today but I think it never happened because this charge is from Burke County. They are probably the ones who don't have her fingerprints and haven't processed this warrant yet.

MOO

Where was she employed?
I thought it was said at the hearing that she was not employed much.

It doesn't specify, only clue I have was it was filed in Burke Co., under what circumstances I'm unsure.

Had a thought-Does dad have any other daughters? Was he raised with sisters? If he had no experence with girl children,and SM, who had raised girls told him puberty was the reason Zahra wouldn't come out of her room,he'd believe her..
Also,question for the Oz folks-- How do you deal with emergency calls..I mean is it common over there to ask dispatch how they are..(I don't think so,but thought I'd ask)

It's not been my experience that lupus is one of those "when all else fails" type diagnoses. There are a lot of blood tests that can be used to check for various types of lupus and associated syndromes, the most common marker being a high count on the ANA test (also sed rate, c-reactive protein, tests for sjogren's -- lots of things to be looked at). I think it would be hard for someone to successfully fake lupus.

Didn't she put down on that apt application that she was receiving $591 a month in disability benefits.

If there is such a thing as prescription drug induced lupus...I believe she may have it.

Can anyone tell me if that might have caused her weight loss?

MOO

OMGosh ~ I am just too naive. :doh: I never even thought about it being drug connected but what you say makes so much sense to me personally as I have "drug induced lupus." I got it from taking a truckload of prescribed, legal drugs for a totally different disease. If you contracted drug induced lupus from illegal drug use I, too, doubt it would qualify for disability income. The seizures could certainly be a complication of illegal drug use, too.

In any case, I can believe (even more so now) that she does have these ailments, whether she's collecting for them or not.

I accidently lost a very long post earlier,ill shorten it now, last night I searched for (drug) info, specifically meth, because Im clueless on that drug.
I believe i hit it spot on when I became educated,the best I could in about 2 hours,that crystal meth has been plentiful recently for EB, and possibly in the past for AB.
Did he have good front teeth at some time say in the last year?
I believe EB is now withdra:crazy:wing from CM,look up crystal meth, what do you think?

Didn't she put down on that apt application that she was receiving $591 a month in disability benefits.

If there is such a thing as prescription drug induced lupus...I believe she may have it.

MOO

Generally speaking the meds for Lupus contain steroids and do quite the opposite (gain weight). As far as prescription drug induced Lupus, that is ONE of the things that can can trigger Lupus.

EB was served with a lot of outstanding warrants on October 10th. That's how they took her in. That was just one of them. There was supposed to be a trial for it today but I think it never happened because this charge is from Burke County. They are probably the ones who don't have her fingerprints and haven't processed this warrant yet.

MOO

I'd agree it was served the 10, I just didn't know it was out there waiting for it. I also didn't know it was Burke but I believe it was a recent charge. I still don't get the impression she was working at all and my mind keeps wandering back to the ransom note. <my mind wanders lots>

Generally speaking the meds for Lupus contain steroids and do quite the opposite (gain weight). As far as prescription drug induced Lupus, that is a theory of ONE of the things that can can trigger Lupus but so far I've seen no medical proof. So it's speculation.

Would she be prescribed Oxycontin for pain do you think?

It's not been my experience that lupus is one of those "when all else fails" type diagnoses. There are a lot of blood tests that can be used to check for various types of lupus and associated syndromes, the most common marker being a high count on the ANA test (also sed rate, c-reactive protein, tests for sjogren's -- lots of things to be looked at). I think it would be hard for someone to successfully fake lupus.

I did not mean to offend-I have met many people diagnosed initially with MS in lieu of other ailments, I have met many people diagnosed with seizure disorders with both normal and abnormal EEG results, and I have known someone who was diagnosed with lupus when she actually had thyroid disease...her TSH levels fell into a normal result.

Given the difficulty of diagnosing lupus, I would be curious of course to see if her medical history is actually representative of a true diagnosis of lupus, or that lupus had one time been mentioned as a possible explanation for symptoms that were not easily explained.

Yep Lupus is one of the most difficult diseases to diagnose because it mimics many other diseases.

Yes, but that usually results in someone who really has lupus not being properly diagnosed rather than someone who is faking being given that diagnosis. Sometimes takes lots of doctors and lots of tests and years of suffering with it before it's recognized as lupus. I don't know anyone who was diagnosed based on self-reported symptoms alone.

I'd agree it was served the 10, I just didn't know it was out there waiting for it. I also didn't know it was Burke but I believe it was a recent charge. I still don't get the impression she was working at all and my mind keeps wandering back to the ransom note. <my mind wanders lots>

She was selling Kirby vacuum cleaners and didn't return the demo I assume.

One of those charges is larceny in Burke County. Courthouse records indicate Magistrate Christopher Duckworth issued a warrant for Baker’s arrest on Feb. 1 for larceny by an employee. The complainant listed is T. Campbell of the Glen Alpine Police Department. The warrant claimed Baker took a Kirby Sentra vacuum cleaner from JC and Associates, her employer at the time. Her Burke County court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1

http://www2.morganton.com/news/2010...igation-focuses-morganton-business-ar-453178/

Looks like that one has been put over until Nov 1st.

I did not mean to offend-I have met many people diagnosed initially with MS in lieu of other ailments, I have met many people diagnosed with seizure disorders with both normal and abnormal EEG results, and I have known someone who was diagnosed with lupus when she actually had thyroid disease...her TSH levels fell into a normal result.

Given the difficulty of diagnosing lupus, I would be curious of course to see if her medical history is actually representative of a true diagnosis of lupus, or that lupus had one time been mentioned as a possible explanation for symptoms that were not easily explained.

Oh, no offense taken whatsoever! Just have some experience with the testing and diagnosis, so I know there's a whole lot of very specific testing they can do when the ANA doesn't immediately show as high. Sorry if I came across as defensive...surely didn't mean to! :hug:

What is nice about her two ailments is that typically they are a catch all or "when all else fails" diagnoses.

For example, a normal EEG does not rule out a seizure disorder. An abnormal EEG does not mean you have one either. Most of the dx is done via self reporting.

As for lupus, many signs are presumptive for lupus, barring other things like a thyroid disorder, PCOS etc...right?

So many disorders that present neurological symptoms are extremely difficult to diagnose and often misdiagnosed.

I had a weird experience myself last over the last couple of years. I started having unexplained seizures, sudden collapses, shooting bone pains and on and on (essentially I had several MS symptoms, and several lupus symptoms). The first thing I encountered.. is that doctors I saw tended to treat me like I'm a hypochondriac and were dismissive. I persisted, and finally they started down a path of neurological testing to start ruling things out.

But before I even had very many tests done, I had a flash of inspiration after reading excerpts of some reports about synthetic hormones by a Danish doctor. I rushed to my doctor to get my hormone-emitting IUD removed.

Almost immediately, all the problems I was having (seizures and everything) stopped. Go figure. :dance:

I can only theorize about what was going on.. but.. based on the Danish docs claims that synthetic hormones bind to our hormone receptors (as do natural hormones) - yet, the body recognizes them (and attacks them) as foreign materials - I surmise my immune system was completely tied up trying to fight off the foreign materials.. to the point that autoimmune disorder sorts of symptoms were starting to kick in.

Sorry to go off on a tangent like that..

But, yeah, it definitely seems "convenient" that EB made claims of Lupus.

MOO

There definitely is such a thing as drug-induced lupus. Not sure which drugs cause it, but I have definitely seen it mentioned (didn't read up on it since it didn't apply to me).

Would she be prescribed Oxycontin for pain do you think?

That I'm not sure.. I never have been, but mine effects my nervous system mostly, so I was prescribed things like Valium and Xanax (today I'm completely holistic). Normally anti inflammatory drugs are prescribed for pain in lupus because it's joint pain. A Dr., if there is one here... would better be able to answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns