NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the slide show again. It had been a while. It seems like up to a point Zahra and everyone seemed relatively happy. There must have been a tipping point that EB came to.

I noticed Zahra seemed to be a little on the thin side (not that that necessarily correlates to anything, but could) in the "passport" photo. I really think that tipping point with EB was a progressive drug addiction. With EB's weight loss, obvious abuse escalation, violent charge, probably child neglect... drug addiction seems the obvious to me. I also know drugs can enhance a person's natural character. EB was always evil but may not have let it be shown to it's true extreme. I am sure she was jealous of Z's attention too so that just really brought out EB's horrible side. The woman must have had SOME charm to have had been married/in relationships with so many men. (of course until they got to know her. uhg)

Anyway, also where she calls Zahra the "dark child." I think she was trying to be cute. Referring to Zahra's outfit and making a goth reference. (But you know, beneath every joke is some truth...I'm sure she was so jealous of Z.) I don't think she was intentionally trying to be a crappy mom by saying that but knowing what we know now and infer, it just sounds harsh.

I noticed this too. She does seem to be thin, but not extremely so. I think I read in one report she was 5' and weighed 55 pounds. I was comparing this to my son's height/weight. He will be 13 next month and he's 5', 85 pounds. So there is quite a difference in the weight, for them being the same height.

I noticed this too. She does seem to be thin, but not extremely so. I think I read in one report she was 5" and weighed 55 pounds. I was comparing this to my son's height/weight. He will be 13 next month and he's 5", 85 pounds. So there is quite a difference in the weight, for them being the same height.

I agree she appears thin but within the normal range.

Also she is missing a leg and IIRC the amputation was above the knee...that is a good bit of weight loss there also. JMHO.

42? Oh yeah Mrs G. that's a question for sure we both like to see!

When I was 42, I remember that I did have a bit of a struggle (not anything major) with adjusting and settling into middle age. (a great many of my female friends did too aged 39-45) I guess you could call it the middle aged crisis sort of like some men go through (not all).

I had to reconcile, how I felt on the inside with the image that looked back at me in the mirror and the way other's looked at me in comparison to the way I felt on the inside and come to accept that it ain't the 80's anymore and I wasn't some young skippy that I was a grown woman and looked it LOLOLOL. :D

JMHO.

ETA to make sure it's on topic: Wonder if EB was going through some of that too?

I can so relate to this lol last year I said to someone I was 44 my niece pointed out I was really 45 and I argued with her till she proved me wrong LMAO

OT/ Result today on Gabe Watson, accused of killing wife Tina on their honeymoon
GRAND jury deliberations have finished in the US about the fate of Gabe Watson, accused of killing his wife on their honeymoon. - check in Crimes in the News for the Tina Watson Case

I wonder if AB had been working more hours lately? Like maybe that contributed to a recent downward-spiral scenario between EB and Zahra?

I recently re-married and have a 6yo stepdaughter. I notice when dad is working 70-80 hour weeks drilling, that we both feel it. She gets more emotional and I start feeling like i married the drill rig.

She is such a little angel and has wanted a mommy for so very long who didn't just neglect her, and I want so bad to be that mommy for her (no pressure ha) but we do have our moments, of course. My husband just got custody and she has so many needs from being neglected for 4-plus years that it can be overwhelming when he is working those long hours.

I wonder if his workload was a stress factor to the EB-ZB deterioration, assuming that is was a progressively worsening situation.

It's so hard to *grok* this family and the mindset that all I have is my own life to try to draw parallels from sometimes.

Wow sorry for the overshare, that got long-winded. :talker:

This is a good question right here thanks watergirl.

I might have missed it but I thought that AB worked for Mr. Boss and his business.

I can't think of a reason why he would travel for that type of business, and be gone for days?

Was that normal for that type of business or did he also have a side job and if so when did he start that job? That's very important to find out IMHO.

Landfill search is complete

A team of investigators has finished searching a Caldwell County landfill for a mattress connected to the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker, police said in a release late Friday afternoon.

The search focused on a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime in early October, days before Zahra was reported missing, police said

I think the connection may be AY. I think (from reading other posts) that he was a former boyfriend/live-in (but not married). He is younger than her (graduated 1997, I think someone posted?). And looking at his FB site and the pic of him on her MS page....goth may be his thing. So maybe HE is the one who got her into the goth stuff (and perhaps more/different drugs?).

i think this is likely. She totally acts as a teenager who adopted a new, interesting, cool-to-her lifestyle. People who are 42 and got into the goth scene as teens really don't highlight it so much. There's no need.

Thank you Savmom!

So---LE and other LE entities has scheduled a search for five days during working hours of the landfill/dump.

They didn't search 5 days and instead it's now complete.

I wonder if we can assume they found what they were looking for?

Also, this article says that Zahra's mattress was disposed of sometime in the beginning of OCT '10. Interesting if this proves to be part of the timeline KWIM? (nothing to add just interesting).

JMHO.

I, myself am leaning towards AB's involvement after-the-fact... I think this [unusual]woman is the one that killed Z in cold blood..I think she has never liked Z[and this was no secret per everyone in and around this fam]... I think she was bittterly seething with jealously over the attn this precious child was given over her feat of beating this bone cancer not once, but twice... I think EB hated her! and I think the abuse escalated by leaps and bounds over these last 2 yrs...

From all accts that I've seen this little girl had a good life back in Aus. with her gma taking care of her... I just will never understand the reasons from ripping her from that home and bringing her to the states... I am appalled that the gma allowed it bcuz EB had come to Aus and lived for some time prior to their moving back to the states together and this gma had to have seen the jealousy and hate that EB had for Z.. Ill never be convinced that it only happened after they came to the U.S... EB's type are the type that we all with half a brain can see a mile away... We upon first meeting her type see that there is evil that lurks behind those eyes... I will never be convinced otherwiseI dont care what kind of "front" or facade was put on by this person that anyone was fooled for one moment that there was not evil present in her...

As I said I don't believe we have even seen the tip of the iceburg as far as the online world being involved, nor do I believe we've even begun to scratch the surface of just who and what this Elise/E'lesa/Lisa/E'Lese/Fairchild/Winkler/Allred/Proctor/Baker, etc, etc, etc. truly is!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very worried as to what exactly that we are going to find out about the true EB and I bet my bottom dollar that allot of it will be news as well to AB...

My opinion of this man is that he checked out a long time ago..Meaning that he emotionally had not been present for quite some time..To some degree before EB even entered their lives..Being a single dad, living with his parents, a child terminally ill, with disabilities.. I feel he "gave up" on being "connected" several years ago...

I think he got consumed with the imvu world while in Aus. living with his parents... It was his complete escape from his depressing life..On imvu he could be young, single, rich, carefree, handsome, etc, etc.. In my opinion ppl like EB search these type ppl out..And once "hit on" the target[AB in this case] she zooms in her "sights" and starts laying the groundwork and master manipulation to draw this man in.. I am quite sure AB did not truthfully represent himself on the site[i.e. EB found an Aussie that she could easily manipulate that more than likely she felt was wealthy, even if not she knew she could "get things" from this type person]...IMO long before they ever met face to face EB knew exactly what she wanted, how she was gonna get it, and nothing[or no one] was going to get in her way..

I think once AB was fully in EB's clutches is when he 100% "checkedout"...He knew he was powerless against her, so why even fight it[I will not be surprised if we learn that she was physically abusive with AB as well]... I think he quite possibly stayed away from home as much as possible and that meant leaving precious Z to tend with this EB's "ways"... I think he knew that Z was being abused by EB but felt helpless in many ways..[Tho I am in no way excusing his lack of protecting his daughter] but rather just explaining my opinion of why there was nothing done to protect precious Z...

I think that AB was deeply depressed.. I believe that he has felt COMPLETELY HELPLESS AND HOPELESS for quite sometime[I would bet he has contemplated suicide on more than one occasion].. I think that it is in this depression and out of these feelings of helpless/hopeless that he had become immune to what was escalating abuse of his daughter...I do not believe, as some, that he was a participant and willingly, knowingly allowing EB to abuse Z,,,One thing that supports this theory is the neighbors acct of EB breaking her hand while "whooping" Z..She said that she had to lie and make up a reason that she broke her hand FOR AB NOT TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAD HAPPENED... This neighbor was not a "pro-AB" supporter, just telling her acct...

So, if AB was completely aware and complicit with EB abusing Z then there would be no reason whatsoever for EB to be worried and making up a lie to tell AB of why her hand was broken... Again I am not excusing AB and his NOT protecting Z, if he had then Z would not be dead...

I am simply saying I think that enough is not given to the evil of EB... Just as one of her husbands said yesterday on his FB... When EB entered their lives that it became a complete downward spiral that everyone she came in contact with...

Her own children are terrified by her, AF said she would have to leave the state if EB were released on bail.. This woman is pure evil imo and again i dont believe we've even scratched the surface...

Of course all jmo..

I noticed this too. She does seem to be thin, but not extremely so. I think I read in one report she was 5' and weighed 55 pounds. I was comparing this to my son's height/weight. He will be 13 next month and he's 5', 85 pounds. So there is quite a difference in the weight, for them being the same height.

My daughter is 13, super thin and weighs about 80lbs @ 5'. She just woulldn't get over the 60lb mark until about year after hitting puberty (she now looks like a little woman. :frown:) She was also much shorter though. I think either the 55lbs or 5' was an error. She doesn't look THAT thin.

Thank you Savmom!

So---LE and other LE entities has scheduled a search for five days during working hours of the landfill/dump.

They didn't search 5 days and instead it's now complete.

I wonder if we can assume they found what they were looking for?

Also, this article says that Zahra's mattress was disposed of sometime in the beginning of OCT '10. Interesting if this proves to be part of the timeline KWIM? (nothing to add just interesting).

JMHO.

Could we also assume the comment "disposed of by her parents" includes both Adam and Elisa Baker?

Landfill search is complete

A team of investigators has finished searching a Caldwell County landfill for a mattress connected to the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker, police said in a release late Friday afternoon.

The search focused on a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime in early October, days before Zahra was reported missing, police said

I wonder if this was relayed by LE? Or just supposition on the reporter's part. Wow.

Could we also assume the comment "disposed of by her parents" includes both Adam and Elisa Baker?

Not sure darnudes. I am leaning towards AB having knowledge after the fact but I could be very wrong. And that's just my opinion at this point in time about him, it could change of course.

I try not to intepret MSM wording myself because it d-r-i-v-e-s me nuts LOL. I do pick a part words out of mouths of POI's or Suspects or even parents of missing children that haven't been cleared (when I left last night AB wasn 't cleared) So far, I've seen a couple inconsistancies in his statements (interviews) but nothing that makes me go "ah-ha" KWIM?

I respect if other's are there though. I'm just not :) JMHO.

ETA: Have to sign off---take care all!

I wonder if this was relayed by LE? Or just supposition on the reporter's part. Wow.

According to the article police did say it but I have not found any reference to the release yet:

police said in a release late Friday afternoon. The search focused on a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime in early October, days before Zahra was reported missing, police said. Channel 9 is working to determine whether investigators located that mattress during the search.

Here is another article:

Hickory police confirmed they were searching for a mattress that belonged to Zahra that her parents, Adam and Elisa Baker, got rid of during early October. Zahra was reported missing by her father on Oct. 9.

According to a press release, Hickory investigators are hoping the mattress will confirm interviews and reinforce the timeline that is being established. They also hoped it would provide DNA evidence.

The mattress was not located at the landfill, according to an official with the Hickory Police Department.

One thing that continues to bother me. The minute EB admitted to writing that ransom note she sealed her fate as being responsible for whatever happened to Z. So why would she admit to this? Why would she do it and then lawyer up? Why not lawyer up first.
If they did something with Z that did not involve her demise it would also explain why AB was so unemotional about reporting her missing. Maybe when EB confessed to writing the note she didn't think it would end up being a murder charge.
There are so many things that don't sit right with me in this case. Why isn't LE telling us anything? Why isn't AB on the tv every chance he gets sobbing and begging for his daughter's safe return (whether he's involved or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member