NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just can't see it happening without consent. I mean what are they gonna do, put her in the car and not say a word to her the entire time to avoid claims of questioning w/o atty present? Even if they could manage that and videotaped it, I really believe just the act of removing her and driving her around to various places without consent could in and of itself be seen as questioning and be a violation.

I think she and her atty decided it was in her best interests to give up at least some info to police and she was brought along to help verify that info, and her atty (or atty's rep) was probably present for the ride.

Alternatively, if she is playing games, she could have told them what she was doing in that area at the time in question (even if a big fat lie) and LE wanted her to point it out to them and her atty agreed to let her do so.

I would beat my head on the lovely brick wall icon, but I have enough trouble as it just being blonde. :blushing:

She would have to consent.
She can consent with her attorney's knowledge and approval.
Or she can consent going against her attorney's wishes.
Either way any competent police department is going to get on video an unharmed, unbattered, rational prisoner stating that they know they don't have to go and are complying of their own free will.

My guess, and no one is going to like this, but we have seen the black eyed photo of stepmom, we have seen the dramatic change in her appearance, and we have seen biodad arrested, I said from the beginning this would spin down to a he said she said, who flips first and who provides real evidence first. I see a battered wife defense with the stepmom coming down from a mile away.

I have a theory maybe EB confessed and they are close to recovering Zahra so they arrested EB to get his minor charges out of the way so he can travel back to OZ for memorial services

Probably a very slim chance I know but I really don't want his mom to not have to through the pain of her son being complict in the death of the Grandchild she raised and went through so much with

I know I'm reaching

...if LE is "being so kind" so that he could travel back for the memorial service-------then why arrest him on these 'minor' charges at all? rather than just dropping them altogether?

...no, i think they had a plan when they arrested him today. mainly to shake EB up, and get her talking. and also to shake AB up----he wasn't helping them while being OUT of jail, so toss him IN and see what happens.

LE is definitely all over the social sites. I know for a fact that they have someone assigned specifically to investigating all the social media in this case. None of that is going to get by them, for sure.

Zahra?? or herself?? :waitasec:

I would think that they were for Zahra. Because EB was married to AB and AB had income.

Also if you look at that website it outlines specifically who can apply and what requirements are for the applicant to apply.

I don't know how NC works with foodstamps specifically, but IIRC and the system hasn't changed then an adult applying for foodstamps for themselves and child/children get a pro-rated amount in addition to what the child receives. But then again, I haven't had a look in a long time at the different states. Just my fuzzy recollections.

What gets me is, if Zahra had been allowed to attend public school she would have had access to free lunches as well. IMHO. As well as other services that are offered low income children. Zahra would have benefited greatly from those IMHO.

Her family may very well have qualifed for other state services. JMHO.

All just speculations.

She would have to consent.
She can consent with her attorney's knowledge and approval.
Or she can consent going against her attorney's wishes.
Either way any competent police department is going to get on video an unharmed, unbattered, rational prisoner stating that they know they don't have to go and are complying of their own free will.

My guess, and no one is going to like this, but we have seen the black eyed photo of stepmom, we have seen the dramatic change in her appearance, and we have seen biodad arrested, I said from the beginning this would spin down to a he said she said, who flips first and who provides real evidence first. I see a battered wife defense with the stepmom coming down from a mile away.

Was there ever a reason stated as to why she had the black eye? I think the change is due to drugs. Bad cheap ones. I think if Adam knew where Zahra was he would of flipped already. I also think she would of ratted him out already if he hid Zahra. She would have blamed it all on him. She still may . I doubt she cares for AB at all. So what ever is being held back isnt for his benifit at all. I think she told him Zahra was dead but wouldnt tell him where to reduce her risk. She knows he is a push over. Thats why she mistreated his daughter. He let her.

As far as EB's black eye goes, I wouldn't assume it was a result of contact with AB's fist (although that's certainly a possibility). I have a feeling she has probably physically tangled with more than one person out of that bunch!

Was there ever a reason stated as to why she had the black eye? I think the change is due to drugs. Bad cheap ones. I think if Adam knew where Zahra was he would of flipped already. I also think she would of ratted him out already if he hid Zahra. She would have blamed it all on him. She still may . I doubt she cares for AB at all. So what ever is being held back isnt for his benifit at all. I think she told him Zahra was dead but wouldnt tell him where to reduce her risk. She knows he is a push over. Thats why she mistreated his daughter. He let her.

I agree on why the photos look that way, but I think you will hear in court that she was an abuse victim. Not everyone will see drugs when they see those photos. And we already have a neighbor saying they fought all the time and knocked stuff off the neighbors walls. Not saying I think she is an abuse victim, just that she will claim to be.

And we disagree on dad's involvement. I think he is in it up to his eyeballs. They had time to plan this hairbrain plan we are watching unfold. If she is the smarter of the two she will jump the script before he does and sink him. But as of today neither of them is supplying evidence, no charges relating to Z have been filed, as long as he thinks they are unified in staying quiet I think she will beat him to the punch.

Just my opinion when watching the players involved.

...if LE is "being so kind" so that he could travel back for the memorial service-------then why arrest him on these 'minor' charges at all? rather than just dropping them altogether?

...no, i think they had a plan when they arrested him today. mainly to shake EB up, and get her talking. and also to shake AB up----he wasn't helping them while being OUT of jail, so toss him IN and see what happens.

for one le can't drop charges that is done through the courts SA or Judge dropping the charges so he would still have to have these cases moved through the judicial system The victim in some cases can't even drop charge

for one le can't drop charges that is done through the courts SA or Judge dropping the charges so he would still have to have these cases moved through the judicial system The victim in some cases can't even drop charge

Until this morning they had chosen not to serve the warrants.
They could have let him leave the country just like he could have done the day before his daughter was reported missing and he got himself a tail following him everywhere he went.

They detained him for a reason, they couldn't have dropped the charges, but they could have continued to not serve the warrants.

I really hope DCF or CPS (case workers and suprivisors) have to answer some hard questions. As a former child abuse investigator for DCF, I have seen first hand some very sloppy and lazy case workers. I have also seen some good case workers have way too many cases, so overwhelmed, so tired that it would be almost humanly possible to a effective job.

Our system is broken, yet law makers contiously do nothing! :furious:

I agree on why the photos look that way, but I think you will hear in court that she was an abuse victim. Not everyone will see drugs when they see those photos. And we already have a neighbor saying they fought all the time and knocked stuff off the neighbors walls. Not saying I think she is an abuse victim, just that she will claim to be.

And we disagree on dad's involvement. I think he is in it up to his eyeballs. They had time to plan this hairbrain plan we are watching unfold. If she is the smarter of the two she will jump the script before he does and sink him. But as of today neither of them is supplying evidence, no charges relating to Z have been filed, as long as he thinks they are unified in staying quiet I think she will beat him to the punch.

Just my opinion when watching the players involved.

B-I-N-G-O!!! This is exactly what I think too. I always believed he was in it upto his eyeballs...even before the 911 recordings were released.

Until this morning they had chosen not to serve the warrants.
They could have let him leave the country just like he could have done the day before his daughter was reported missing and he got himself a tail following him everywhere he went.

They detained him for a reason, they couldn't have dropped the charges, but they could have continued to not serve the warrants.

If he has pending charges would he even be allowed to leave even if they didn't serve the warrant???

Being that he is not a US citizen

Why in the middle of the search for Zahra was he at an airport. And how many flights arrive at 3:00 AM (due to blackout rules). AB said he was picking up someone at the airport, but who?

Per CNN:

Earlier on Monday, shortly after 3 a.m., Adam Troy Baker was arrested in Catawba County on eight charges, including five counts of submitting worthless checks and three counts of failing to appear in court.

Shaking head....

Mel

I remain neutral. It's hard to believe, I agree, but I am torn.
Oh! GOD! Never mind!
Either she was trying to frame him...or he is absolutely complicit!

Why in the middle of the search for Zahra was he at an airport. And how many flights arrive at 3:00 AM (due to blackout rules). AB said he was picking up someone at the airport, but who?

Per CNN:

Earlier on Monday, shortly after 3 a.m., Adam Troy Baker was arrested in Catawba County on eight charges, including five counts of submitting worthless checks and three counts of failing to appear in court.

Shaking head....

Mel

He wasn't picking up anyone at 3am. There are no flights in or out of that airport between midnight and 6am. Bad reporting.

This is the recent status update of an MSM reporter. I'm 'snipping' it, since it may change...

I'm back in Hickory, NC...new developments in the Zahra Baker case on @gma tomorrow.

It can be found here: http://muckrack.com/yunjid/statuses/28758784135

Hope I did this right--newbie.

I'm getting loopy! Hard, long day of sleuthin' for this newcomer!

I remain neutral. It's hard to believe, I agree, but I am torn.
Oh! GOD! Never mind!
Either she was trying to frame him...or he is absolutely complicit!

Me too I just ride that fence one minute I think GUILTY the next I think maybe EB is that diabolocal and acted alone while trying to frame him by planting evidence in his vehicle :banghead:

This is the recent status update of an MSM reporter. I'm 'snipping' it, since it may change...

I'm back in Hickory, NC...new developments in the Zahra Baker case on @gma tomorrow.

It can be found here: http://muckrack.com/yunjid/statuses/28758784135

Hope I did this right--newbie.

I'm getting loopy! Hard, long day of sleuthin' for this newcomer!

By looking at the rest of her tweets it looks like it's likely nothing earth shattering, just getting everyone interested in watching her on GMA. Hoping though that a new day and daylight will uncover something for them out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnysmilescb